Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
That’s a fair distribution!

Also I’ve been excited about digital wallet VIP since I first heard about it when they had some beta testing start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Hey all, I have come to the realization that while I am super excited to assemble my Saturn V for the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary, I really don't care about the UCS Slave 1 I bought 3 years ago.

It's still NIB, so am I right to think that I can get my $200 MSRP back plus shipping costs if I eBay or Bricklink it? It's a great set, I just realize that I don't especially like Slave 1 as a design and I'd rather have a couple hundred bucks to spend on other stuff. Like the 10265 Mustang. :getin:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Apollodorus posted:

Hey all, I have come to the realization that while I am super excited to assemble my Saturn V for the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary, I really don't care about the UCS Slave 1 I bought 3 years ago.

It's still NIB, so am I right to think that I can get my $200 MSRP back plus shipping costs if I eBay or Bricklink it? It's a great set, I just realize that I don't especially like Slave 1 as a design and I'd rather have a couple hundred bucks to spend on other stuff. Like the 10265 Mustang. :getin:

Would you trade it for a Mustang? I just got it and built it but feel weird displaying it with Ford's whole antisemitic thing.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
If I understood correctly it was henry ford, the guy has been dead for a long rear end time. Why would you buy it and then not display it?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Cloks posted:

Would you trade it for a Mustang? I just got it and built it but feel weird displaying it with Ford's whole antisemitic thing.

You're going to trade something from a company founded by a guy who supported Nazis for a thing designed by a nazi?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I heard he had the plans for the 67 Mustang drawn up just before he died in 1947.

My favourite car is a 73 Ford driven by Mel Gibson, help!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Cojawfee posted:

You're going to trade something from a company founded by a guy who supported Nazis for a thing designed by a nazi?
It took me a second to realize you meant the Saturn V, and I was wondering if I missed something big about the production of The Empire Strikes Back.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Lord Hydronium posted:

It took me a second to realize you meant the Saturn V, and I was wondering if I missed something big about the production of The Empire Strikes Back.

No joke, I had to check the wiki articles on McQuarrie and Rodis-Jamero before it clicked.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Cloks posted:

Do you mean Slave 1 or Saturn V? Both are NIB.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Lord Hydronium posted:

Oh whoops, I forgot Apollodorus wanted to get rid of his Slave I. Well, there were fascists in Star Wars too.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Hopper posted:

If I understood correctly it was henry ford, the guy has been dead for a long rear end time. Why would you buy it and then not display it?

I wasn't thinking about how it was a Ford product when I bought it.

Apollodorus posted:

Do you mean Slave 1 or Saturn V? Both are NIB.

The Slave 1. I can make up the difference in set costs as well.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dogen posted:

That’s a fair distribution!

No it isn't. Fair would be 3 of all of them and 4 of a couple. But 2 of 3 of them just messes up the boxes for no real reason.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Cloks posted:

I dunno man... there’s gotta be a line, somewhere, right? A line where it no longer has relevance...

Was the Ford Company built with the intent to subjugate Jews? If not, and it was just the messed up beliefs of the founder, I mean... rest easy, you’re not lining the pockets of his bigotry, nor his children, or probably his children’s children.

I mean, I bet you can find a high-ranking employee at *any* company in the world who got some hosed up beliefs. You still need toilet paper. And such...

I dunno, I’m all for boycotting things, but who are you trying to stick it to here?

Or is this more like “I dare not display a Ford because of what it stands for...” because I think it may not actually stand for or be representative of that...

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Cloks posted:

The Slave 1. I can make up the difference in set costs as well.

Why don’t you PM me and see if we can make a deal.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Also, drat dude. I drive a Ford, which means I put it on display several times a week to thousands of people. I don’t think they believe me to be anti Semitic for it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Apollodorus posted:

Also, drat dude. I drive a Ford, which means I put it on display several times a week to thousands of people. I don’t think they believe me to be anti Semitic for it.

You sure about that, Adolf?

(I have an Explorer.)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Volkswagen is the second biggest car brand in the world and it was actually founded by Hitler. If you look too deeply into the things you buy, you're going to find lovely people.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lego Batman sets:

https://news.toyark.com/2019/03/29/lego-celebrates-80-years-of-batman-with-new-sets-340900

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Well poo poo, there's a decent looking Burton batmobile.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I only have so much money

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gonna instantly replace that line of studs with a tile though. C'mon lego, it was almost perfectly SNOT!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Cojawfee posted:

Volkswagen is the second biggest car brand in the world and it was actually founded by Hitler. If you look too deeply into the things you buy, you're going to find lovely people.

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Man I'm so glad I resisted the temptation to collect DC minifigures that I had when they restarted the superheroes line.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aww, shame they've gone back to regular boring white Two-Face already.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That Batmobile is a bit too chunky for my tastes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vintersorg posted:

That Batmobile is a bit too chunky for my tastes.

Don't Fatmobile Batmobile shame.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
"The Super-Villain has stolen from the ATM cash machine and is getting away on his skateboard."

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I like the Burton Batwing

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Matthias Wandel is a woodworker but he hosed up his hands real good (carpal tunnel or something, I forget)
So he's turned his engineering skill and passion to something more accessible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igViMziPKgs

he recycles like nuts so the projectiles are the caps from those little apple sauce packs for kids

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Seriously. Wouldn't it be exhausting to thoroughly research the history of every product you buy and consume to make sure it and it's employees never did a thing you morally disagree with?

It's your money, you do you. I just wouldn't have the time.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

ChesterJT posted:

Seriously. Wouldn't it be exhausting to thoroughly research the history of every product you buy and consume to make sure it and it's employees never did a thing you morally disagree with?

It's your money, you do you. I just wouldn't have the time.

This is what The Good Place has ended up being about, weirdly

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Im visiting Hong Kong and am having fun spotting the knockoffs including apparently a brothel? And not pictured: minifigs with bending knees

Edit: found it! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32965810927.html

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 30, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That is horrifying but that hot dog truck is amazing. I'm sure they stole it from someones MOC though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

veni veni veni posted:

That is horrifying but that hot dog truck is amazing. I'm sure they stole it from someones MOC though.

Looks like it’s heavily influenced by this one, but with a fair few changes. I wonder if Lepin bought the design from them.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Instagram has leaks from latest Lego catalog. Including city, creator and lots of other stuff. Architecture empire State building building that looks pretty decent.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Definitely buying the ufo ride. It'll go well with the pirate coaster I bought this week.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Scipiotik posted:

Instagram has leaks from latest Lego catalog. Including city, creator and lots of other stuff. Architecture empire State building building that looks pretty decent.

These posts mean nothing without links or pics. :colbert:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just google "lego leaks" and the hashtag on instagram will be at the top of the results.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Can be hard to link as they are often taken down. Also you've just been taught how to fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

Just google "lego leaks" and the hashtag on instagram will be at the top of the results.

I did this. Nothing.

#lego and #leaks didn't turn it up for me. #legoleaks did, though.

Thanks.

E: didn't see the UFO ride, though. Must have been taken down.