Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
JESUS loving CHRIST!

Man when Horikoshi wants he can REALLY turn up the creepiness!

I mean Deku as Mothra?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Rhonne posted:

So are we not gonna talk about John the Nomu?

Cute, right?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
He's got nice kicks

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
My favorite part of this chapter was probably the lowkey interaction between Shigaraki and Toga - "....so you will destroy things I like too?" "Nah, I respect wishes of my allies, I will spare things you like." "YAAAAY!!!!"

He may be a broken nihilistic psychopath, but he is growing as a leader. :3:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

My favorite part of this chapter was probably the lowkey interaction between Shigaraki and Toga - "....so you will destroy things I like too?" "Nah, I respect wishes of my allies, I will spare things you like." "YAAAAY!!!!"

He may be a broken nihilistic psychopath, but he is growing as a leader. :3:

That's probably going to cause problems later when he wants to destroy Deku.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Well, technically Toga want's to destroy Deku, too. She just calls it loving him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what is spinners quirk

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Having a drivers license.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Well, technically Toga want's to destroy Deku, too. She just calls it loving him.

yeah she'll be totally copacetic with midoriya getting killed so long as shigaraki saves a gallon jug of his blood for her

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

amigolupus posted:

Same. You can sort of see the gears spinning in his mind when Shigaraki mentioned he wants to destroy everything. He wants to reform the system, and completely destroying everything is not what he signed up for.

If anything I think that was Spinner reacting to Shigaraki calling himself Empty before he met AFO. Which is exactly how Spinner described himself before he saw Stain's last stand. I think he just kinda relates in a messed up way.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Jose posted:

what is spinners quirk

He just has a mutation quirk.

He a lizard.

The mall ninja poo poo is just Stain cosplay.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Jose posted:

what is spinners quirk

Being in over his head.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spinner is in over his head in that basically no one really shares his ideals at this point, and unless he's hiding some really killer quirk he's utterly outclassed by both the heroes and badguys he runs with. As far as not being MENTALLY into it he has proven capable of murder at least so far as trying to kill pro heroes, the students, and definitely killing mutie-hating racists.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Spinner is the only one who still cares about Stain at this point.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

HidaO-Win posted:

What are the odds Disintegrate is Dekus original quirk
Zero.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I legit wonder what Spinner actually thinks is going to happen if he sticks around with Fuckhands McGee.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Spinner is the only one who still cares about Stain at this point.

I bet Toga would love to kill him.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I bet Toga would love to kill him.

Why would she when she has Deku now?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Toga has enough love for several people.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Spinner is probably gonna have to voice his opinions harder to the folks around him or he's going to develop this philosophy harder and maybe go rogue

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Funky Valentine posted:

I legit wonder what Spinner actually thinks is going to happen if he sticks around with Fuckhands McGee.

Spinner wants to destroy Hero Society, so he'll get that out of Shigaraki's "destroy everything" mindset. Afterwards...yeah, I'm not entirely sure why he thinks he'll get the society he wants instead of a complete wasteland. Shigaraki did say that they could keep whatever they wanted though.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Jose posted:

Of mice and men isn't far off

“Tell me about the rabbits, Kurogiri.”

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Even Shigaraki doesn't really know what comes after "destroy society." His whole plan is idiotic but understandable considering he was raised by a megalomaniac and a mad scientist sociopath after having the most traumatic experience you could imagine. I'm more wondering what the hell Mr Compress is getting out of this since he seems like the more generic villain of the group who could go back to his day job as a magician if he really wanted to probably.

The entire chapter you could see the wheels in Spinner's head turning as he's figuring out he probably got in with people that aren't really in the same frame of mind as him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The entire thing that connects the League together is wanting to destroy society or feeling like there's no place for yourself in current society. And Shigaraki's whole deal is still basically all for that, so I can see the gang kinda being cool with it. Hard to tell with Compress though, we still don't know anything about him. Maybe he just doesn't give a poo poo about the ideology and is sticking around for his own reasons, like Dabi basically seems to be.

As for Spinner, we first see him reacting from the Empty Shell comment and not the "Let's destroy everything, i'll show you heaven and hell" spiel. I think his reactions through the chapter aren't entirely about Shigaraki's whole destroy the world thing.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Spinner's reaction is a bit hard to read, though he's definitely not 100% on board with Shigaraki's goals. He might be having a realization that he is/was on the same path as Shigaraki but a few steps behind, and this is shocking him out of that, or maybe this is the first he's heard of Shigaraki's past and he's just horrified.

Also yeah, that stuff at the end is definitely Giran's weird intestine-scarf thing and a severed finger. RIP Giran maybe. He's definitely not having a good day, at least.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The MLA is likely showing it to them to call them out.

Saying "Yo we got your primary gear and recruit provider, and are torturing him, wanna have a go?"

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 30, 2019

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Radish posted:

This chapter was good but I didn't like it :(

Someone else probably has beaten me to this idea but I'm kinda feeling All for One somehow have Shigaraki that quirk in order to create that event. That reveal would be supremely hosed up and I kinda hope we never see any more flashbacks because they were brutal.

It seemed pretty obvious to me he used forced quirk activation on shirigaki

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rmemeber the good ol days?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

http://heroaca-movie.com/

Finally, some new info on the new movie! The teaser says: "His quirk is explosions! He is a fearsome force that attacks the entirety of Japan!! BNHA bursts in with a brand new super large scale production!"

Suddenly Mothra Deku makes much more sense!

April Fools https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1112378914586812417

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm beginning to think that UA needs to be blown up or something cause shigarakis Arc is way more interesting than dekus right now.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jose posted:

what is spinners quirk

He's got a magnetism thing that lets him build ridiculous swords made of knives.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stairmaster posted:

I'm beginning to think that UA needs to be blown up or something cause shigarakis Arc is way more interesting than dekus right now.

I'm starting to realize the same. I care about MHA far more when it focuses on anyone except the heroes. This My Villain Academia segment has been the most interesting thing in a while, and Vigilantes is far better now than the main series (though I'm a chapter behind). I'm not sure why, I definitely enjoy the hero side most of the time, but it's gotten...stale, I guess?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm starting to realize the same. I care about MHA far more when it focuses on anyone except the heroes. This My Villain Academia segment has been the most interesting thing in a while, and Vigilantes is far better now than the main series (though I'm a chapter behind). I'm not sure why, I definitely enjoy the hero side most of the time, but it's gotten...stale, I guess?
Not a lot of stakes or major shakeups. Deku's multi-quirk revelation is interesting but it's not really much of a change for him as a character. He previously had a very hard to control power he had to master- he still has essentially the same problem.

The league doesn't have complete plot armor like the kids seem to: barring Shigaraki any of the league could die- even if it meant closing off some of their potential plot arcs. They can gain more immediate allies they can interact with where 1-A can't really grow much outside of say Shinsou. I'm about 100% sure we'll never see any of kids die violently, but we sure as hell could see a bunch of the league go.

Everything happening to the students seems to be for checking off boxes. Todoroki and Bakugou getting licensed is basically Hori gating them back into the story because he's going to have some ringers for them to fight. Todoroki and Bakugou were sidelined for the Overhaul arc because they're too strong and would've ran over basically anyone in Overhaul's mook squad- also Mirio never would've been able style on the both of them the same way he did the rest of the class so naturally Bakugou is still on suspension from his fight and Todoroki literally just...sits it out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I agree that the villain focus chapters have been great since twice's focus chapter, but tbh that's probably in big part because we don't see them that often and there are just less of them than 1a students. so we get the occasional in depth look into how a character thinks and there's way less time for them to just be on screen but unimportant. iida's a good example since he had a good little focus arc and was a cool character for a while, but hasn't really had the chance to do anything since then in spite of all his screen time and proximity to the protagonist. less people in shigaraki's camp also means there's less chance for a sugarman situation

endeavor and hawk's stuff was also really interesting, but again they're tertiary to the plot so they don't get the screen time to be useless for a while

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 1, 2019

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The more I think about it the more I agree that UA has to be blown up or shut down or something. If they cleanly graduate then any potential weight of "Shigaraki destroys Hero Society" doesn't have remotely the same punch to it. Suddenly being dumped out in the wild and having to scrape together a resistance is much more befitting becoming the Greatest Hero than simply inheriting All Might's mantle as top cop.

Pitting Gigantomachia against UA and taking down both Gigantomachia and also a bunch of teachers seems like a nice way to go around it, at once taking away the VA's nuclear weapon and the heroes' fallback cushions and caretakers. Though I think that might end up feeling like a redux of All Might vs. All For One.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The villains are so much more interesting
We want to see the league of villains grow and succeed
UA should be destroyed

All For One is posting in this thread, which one of you fucks is it

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
shigaraki and the league are ironically in the more traditionally heroic position right now, a team of scrappy underdogs facing a foe with unimaginable power and resources, scrounging for allies while learning the true meaning of friendship along the way

the institutional advantage the heroes have in MHA is ridiculous and the story seems kind of hesitant to confront that

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm ready for a League of Villains fanclub.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The villains are so much more interesting
We want to see the league of villains grow and succeed
UA should be destroyed

All For One is posting in this thread, which one of you fucks is it

Spinner's real quirk is Posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
It's less that the heroes are boring and more that the main character is boring.