Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
26 fighters makes for a bracket with 6 first round byes. I imagine 6 more fighters will get into it somehow to make it a 32 man tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
With the Wu guy participating its practically guaranteed that Raian will be joining the tournament.

I still dont think that the beard will be joining because he feels too "strong" so instead Rihito will be joining while he spectates the fights.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Raian's probably been spending the past 2 years actually learning techniques, so this new guy is hosed

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Fusui's back!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

Fusui's back!

It's shameful how long it took for someone to mention that best Kure girl is back and is getting more spotlight this time. :colbert:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

CharlestonJew posted:

Raian's probably been spending the past 2 years actually learning techniques, so this new guy is hosed

he always knew them he just didn't use them

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

HidaO-Win posted:

26 fighters makes for a bracket with 6 first round byes. I imagine 6 more fighters will get into it somehow to make it a 32 man tournament.

I don't think that's how this tournament is going to work. It's one side vs another meaning that it goes on until one side has no more fighters. For example, if in the first round Kengan wins 5 matches and Purgatory 8, that means Purgatory only needs to have 5 fighters fight in the second round and 3 can relax. Whoever wins the most matches in the first round will have an advantage.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 11, 2019

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I don't think that's how this tournament is going to work. It's one side vs another meaning that it goes on until one side has no more fighters. For example, if in the first round Kengan wins 5 matches and Purgatory 8, that means Purgatory only needs to have 5 fighters fight in the second round and 3 can relax. Whoever wins the most matches in the first round will have an advantage.

And then the BEARD shows up and purgatory melts before his strong fundamentals

ok and the drill hands

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i don't want to see gensai fight in the tournament and would actually prefer to limit how many returning fighters we see. Raian is obviously returning because of this chapter and Rihito/Haru both should have improved enough to be worth bringing back. Himuro coming back to fight would be cool since we barely saw him last time but I think its unlikely

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Between Koga's knack for copying moves just by seeing them and Kazzy's odd favoritism being confirmed here I'm sure they're long lost relatives that share that kinetic vision thing.

Koga has a long way to go, though. Kazzy only had to mask his killing intent for a moment to get the drop on Koga.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

i don't want to see gensai fight in the tournament and would actually prefer to limit how many returning fighters we see. Raian is obviously returning because of this chapter and Rihito/Haru both should have improved enough to be worth bringing back. Himuro coming back to fight would be cool since we barely saw him last time but I think its unlikely

Haru vs José would be cool as hell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

rereading the last asura chapter there is a decent shout we see adam again

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

rereading the last asura chapter there is a decent shout we see adam again

Yeah I think the Boss burgers reference might be a hint that Adam will be on the Purgatory side.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The tournament is a battle royale

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

Yeah I think the Boss burgers reference might be a hint that Adam will be on the Purgatory side.

Wasn't Boss Burger one of the executives in on the Coup and arrested? Plus Adam has been getting training by Cosmo's mentor so no way Adam would defect to another side from his best buddy.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

There's no way those 2 fighters they confirmed are recovered from their incredibly horrific injuries.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gaolang came back to boxing like not long after the Kengan tournament. And who knows, Waka probably grew a new face.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Raian is gonna get killed outside of the tournament and Karla will take his place cause she's cooler anyway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pewdiepie posted:

There's no way those 2 fighters they confirmed are recovered from their incredibly horrific injuries.

Waka’s only permanent injury was losing sight in an eye, and it’s possible he got a mechanical one like Muteba. I don’t remember Gaolang’s injuries being confirmed permanent, just really bad(also wasn’t he already back to boxing in the epilogue anyway?)

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

This better not be a bait and switch with Gaolang.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I just wanna see what Kenzo and Bando got up to. They never really touched on Kenzo's Frankenstein thing with the rat brains after they first mentioned it.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Raian is gonna get killed outside of the tournament and Karla will take his place cause she's cooler anyway.

girl fighters aren't allowed under kengan rules...

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

where the red fern gropes posted:

girl fighters aren't allowed under kengan rules...

Also, weapons aren't allowed under Kengan rules.

Goateyes negotiates his way into having the tournament take place under Purgatory rules, and then Fusui joins the tournament and wins by sniping everyone with her rifle.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Hell yes gaolang and waka are in. I know some people dislike the super karate man but I think he's :ocelot:.

Also can't imagine Cosmo not making it in. Dude has some sick new moves to display. And fingers crossed for the #1merc.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Random wild speculation: one of our new protagonist boys will end up fighting for Purgatory.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Lt. Lizard posted:

Random wild speculation: one of our new protagonist boys will end up fighting for Purgatory.

I think Koga might fight a match or 2 for Purgatory just to see what it's like. Gaoh I can't see fighting for Purgatory at all once he finds out one of the Worm guys is on their side

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Hibiki is fighting for Purgatory, rip kengan assoc

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Gensai appears in the entrance to the arena and everyone freaks out, then he falls forward unconscious to reveal Hibiki standing behind him

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Jerry Tyson will fight for Purgatory, go Jerry go.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

How could I forget the human scud missile, Jerry. :allears:

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
There's definitely going to be some kind of mix up with the Kengan lineup to keep things from becoming too predictable and to introduce more characters. With 13 slots, one of the old Kengan Asura fighters will probably be substituted at the last moment by some hot new wildcard fighter (that's not Koga or Ryuki)

Probably not Gaolong since he was the winner of the fan poll in Kengan Asura but I could see Waka or Seki, if he's even participating, being replaced

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I expect Agito to come back, most probably a fighter for the Kengan side

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It wouldn't surprise me if the cop were on Purgatory's side.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Koga obviously isn't joining purgatory and ryuki has a plot reason not to. I don't think koga will be a fighter but I'd like him to be.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if the cop were on Purgatory's side.

The cop wants to kill people so he's out of the kengan matches for sure

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Mokichi Robinson should be rehabbed and ready to go.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no one can withstand his amazing power of having a single ancestor who did martial arts!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

The cop wants to kill people so he's out of the kengan matches for sure

I hope Gensai and Agito can't be in the tournament because they're busy hunting him down.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I hope Gensai and Agito can't be in the tournament because they're busy hunting him down.

i hope the tournament has a bunch of out-of-ring murders and gensai+agito buddycop up to track down the killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

where the red fern gropes posted:

i hope the tournament has a bunch of out-of-ring murders and gensai+agito buddycop up to track down the killer

I hope Agito clumsily shoehorns Ultraman references into every conversation to show that he's 'hip' and 'with it' now.