Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

The flashback to the Night King being created straight up confirms that he’s responsible for the seasons being elongated and out of whack in Westeros and if he’s taken out not only will the Walkers and the wights all drop dead too but it will instantly restore the seasons back to normal so nobody will have to worry about winter and poo poo any more.

Uh what. When does it confirm that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

banned from Starbucks posted:

Uh what. When does it confirm that?

The scene where he’s turned takes place in the same place as the Three Eyed Raven’s tree is, deep in the Land of Always Winter, but it’s shown to be warm and full of greenery and a normal landscape. The next time we see the same spot (chronologically, at least), it’s frozen over and has been for a very long time. The Children of the Forest confirm that the Night King was the first White Walker they ever made and was basically patient zero for the ice zombie apocalypse. Now, correlation doesn’t mean causation, but the implication is pretty strong—the land beyond the Wall is a frozen hellscape because of the Walkers in general and the Night King specifically. It probably won’t thaw out instantly if NK gets ganked, but it probably will eventually.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

jit bull transpile posted:

American gods is just so head and shoulders above anything else on premium cable right now it's ridiculous.

Excuse me but Happy! is the greatest show on at the moment. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggzPWPzLxIc

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
It was a fun episode

The worst part is how underwhelming all the big reunions were, its like the characters have nothing to say to each other anymore

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The moment the GRRM dialogue runs out it becomes painfully obvious what complete hacks D&D are.

You could use that "let's play a drinking game" scene with Tyrion, Missandei, and Grey Worm in film or literature classes to demonstrate how not to be "clever".

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

jit bull transpile posted:

Glad they immediately deployed the happy whore trope plus sexposition to get their lady rear end quotient in for the day. Meanwhile bron didn't even get his dick out. HBO has truly devolved into male gaze trash for chronic masturbators and teenage boys too stupid to follow a real plot.

When did things suddenly flop to Starz being the superior cable network out of nowhere?

Dawg, it’s a TV show, like just change the loving channel.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shrapnig posted:

Dawg, it’s a TV show, like just change the loving channel.

No. Because there's tits.

You dingus.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

No. Because there's tits.

You dingus.

Fair.

They were good ones too.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
Starz should not have cancelled Counterpart.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

nine-gear crow posted:

The scene where he’s turned takes place in the same place as the Three Eyed Raven’s tree is, deep in the Land of Always Winter, but it’s shown to be warm and full of greenery and a normal landscape. The next time we see the same spot (chronologically, at least), it’s frozen over and has been for a very long time. The Children of the Forest confirm that the Night King was the first White Walker they ever made and was basically patient zero for the ice zombie apocalypse. Now, correlation doesn’t mean causation, but the implication is pretty strong—the land beyond the Wall is a frozen hellscape because of the Walkers in general and the Night King specifically. It probably won’t thaw out instantly if NK gets ganked, but it probably will eventually.

Sounds like someones having A Dream Of Summer

Taxenema
Feb 17, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Katt posted:

Go on...

I was pretty speechless and that was pretty much his whole point. He doesn’t like the movie Avatar because the idea of anyone from Earth falling in love with a 12 foot tall blue cat thing was too absurd.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I liked how the bad guys in Avatar were straight out of Captain Planet. Real nuanced.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Ah ok good point. I forgot it was the same location and just assumed that area was naturally Westeros version of the arctic.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I liked how the bad guys in Avatar were straight out of Captain Planet. Real nuanced.

Minigunning the tree was pretty baller but also very symbolic and stuff.

They also make a big deal of how the arrows the blue cat people fire are poisoned but the arrows are the size of spears and impale humans as if fired from a ballista so the poison seems pretty redundant.

Katt fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 16, 2019

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

More nuanced than the Trump administration.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
If ASOIAF ends with a Boss Battle between Jon Snuh and Mega Ice King Night King and when he beats him the camera will pan down to a fuckin dandelion emerging from the snow I'm gonna laugh and laugh because I know one thing: GRRM will be fuckin crying somewhere

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mike N Eich posted:

If ASOIAF ends with a Boss Battle between Jon Snuh and Mega Ice King Night King and when he beats him the camera will pan down to a fuckin dandelion emerging from the snow I'm gonna laugh and laugh because I know one thing: GRRM will be fuckin crying somewhere

I have bad news for you.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I suspect either deus ex army from essos to save the day or deus ex dragons from previously unseen eggs laid by the first 3 somewhere. Or maybe the series will end on a show of dragon eggs in some sorta nest.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Snuh and the NK are gonna flying dragon fight eachother after he kills Drogon, cmon people you know this

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Dumbass Cersei is gonna send her golden army up to betray the northern people fighting the army of the dead but they're gonna do some sort of Robb maneuver that ends up getting them swamped by the army of dead, evening the odds for the final stand

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Jaime will end up killing her to complete his face turn, but we've known that forever.

Edit: Speaking of Jaime idk why they thought him and Bran was big enough to end an ep on. Brans entire schtick is not giving people the reaction they expect when they meet up again and it's just gonna be the same thing, maybe a slightly extended version if we're lucky?

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 16, 2019

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
The circle of arms was cool as gently caress, and I wish they left the white walkers more mysterious so you were just super unnerved by whatever the gently caress they are doing to places now that they are south of the wall.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The circle of arms reminded me of Annihilation

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Zasze posted:

The circle of arms was cool as gently caress, and I wish they left the white walkers more mysterious so you were just super unnerved by whatever the gently caress they are doing to places now that they are south of the wall.

I appreciate that they don't talk because white walker dialogue would have ruined them entirely.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
yeah having them be silent the entire series is one of the best ideas they had

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Intel&Sebastian posted:

yeah having them be silent the entire series is one of the best ideas they had

You think a mortal blade can harm a champion of the chosen king of the freezing-end-of-the-living? Foolish mortal. You will perish this day and serve us forever in death!

*gets stabbed with Valerian steel*

Reeee the metal of the ancient unmakers! where did you get that!? *dies*

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I want the grrmy twist to be that the Night King is actually super easy to kill, and Drogon just flames him to death next episode and the whole white walker/undead threat just evaporates (also Bran because he is the Night King for some reason).

Then we can see the rest of the humans fighting amongst themselves for the rest of the series, with Dany and Cersei acting progressively crazier.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
*white walker is being blown by a dead wildling*

...they think it's cold now, but they don't know TRUE cold, a cold that would freeze the bones of a Mammoth. I will bring it to them!

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

I want the grrmy twist to be that the Night King is actually super easy to kill, and Drogon just flames him to death next episode and the whole white walker/undead threat just evaporates (also Bran because he is the Night King for some reason).

Then we can see the rest of the humans fighting amongst themselves for the rest of the series, with Dany and Cersei acting progressively crazier.

that was basically what was in the fake leaks from right after s7

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Remember when Bronn laughed at Dickon's name lol

Did this actually happen

Edit: Nevermind I thought you said Bran

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Jaime will end up killing her to complete his face turn, but we've known that forever.

Edit: Speaking of Jaime idk why they thought him and Bran was big enough to end an ep on. Brans entire schtick is not giving people the reaction they expect when they meet up again and it's just gonna be the same thing, maybe a slightly extended version if we're lucky?

It's about Jaime's state at that point, not Bran's

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

https://twitter.com/aegonsdaenerys/status/1117802051470266369

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Almost became Unsullied irl

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Almost became Unsullied irl

If you lose just one ball can you do part time or?

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

The flashback to the Night King being created straight up confirms that he’s responsible for the seasons being elongated and out of whack in Westeros and if he’s taken out not only will the Walkers and the wights all drop dead too but it will instantly restore the seasons back to normal so nobody will have to worry about winter and poo poo any more. The fight against the Night King is basically a fight against like 10,000 years of history and beating him means the world finally gets to move on from his cycle of death and bullshit.

Honestly with all the sick fuckers on the show everybody forgot about Craster. Possibly the worst person on a show composed primarily of horrible people.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
Has Rick been killed yet?

edit: Oh wait, that's the other show I don't watch.

Book out yet?

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The circle of arms reminded me of Annihilation

Hannibal---then Aliens

"Old Nan, tell us about the ice spiders"

"Well actually there's no spider. Kind of like a blood angel, no actual angel. Not really a good kids story now that I think of it"

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Katt posted:

Pages of rants about how they must be children. We must have children and lots of children in the right age.

This does make sense though - the story is primarily interesting _because_ they are children. The story has a nice twist, but the character development of Ender, as a child, makes more sense than Ender, a 16 year old.

And here's the thing, here's the GRRMy subversion: Dany, the hero's journey character, has to die. And when she dies it will be because one of the characters with a valyrian steel sword shoved that poo poo into the fire lady's heart.

And when they pull that sword out that poo poo is going to be on fire.

I like it! Sam as hero would be interesting. Jon could do it ( choosing fam first ) or Arya. Is love / sacrifice a requirement of the AA prophecy?

MoaM posted:

I just came to the realization that Meera and Howland will likely never show up in the show again.

It's always been weird we never see Howland Reed. He's alive, he knows about Jon, in any other book - dude would pop up somewhere. Maybe those little shits show up at final battle riding children of the forest or something.

The moment the GRRM dialogue runs out it becomes painfully obvious what complete hacks D&D are.

You could use that "let's play a drinking game" scene with Tyrion, Missandei, and Grey Worm in film or literature classes to demonstrate how not to be "clever".

This scene was poo poo, why did you remind me of it.

Also this - my GF said the exact same thing at that scene:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

kcroy posted:

Also this - my GF said the exact same thing at that scene:

Why is she sucking on his mustache? Did he leave some nutrients in there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Faustine
Sep 2, 2018
Is it just me or does Jon Snow look vaguely like Post Malone minus a few dumb face tats?