Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
The new line of Friends sets is, call me crazy, better than the new line of regular Lego. Better ship, better amusement park, better carnival rides, better lighthouse. Just since it's all in friends colors it won't really work in my city. Except maybe the octopus and boat.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwrR5iuJ5Qj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm mad that Lego doesn't make perfect replications of pig food.

what crawled up your donut hole and died

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Scipiotik posted:

The new line of Friends sets is, call me crazy, better than the new line of regular Lego. Better ship, better amusement park, better carnival rides, better lighthouse. Just since it's all in friends colors it won't really work in my city. Except maybe the octopus and boat.

Friends builds have been top tier for a long time. They've got some seriously good designers there.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I like the look of a lot of Friends and Elves set, but I just can't deal with those minifigs at all.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Chairchucker posted:

I like the look of a lot of Friends and Elves set, but I just can't deal with those minifigs at all.

I feel the exact same way. There has been a couple times where I almost bought a Friends set, but I don't like the figures they have.

I haven't seen Lego Movie 2 yet, but I assume a plot point is about integrating all the lego styles?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Now HP images are leaking. https://www.instagram.com/p/BwrxTn8pXj9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link https://www.instagram.com/p/BwrxRj5pXQQ/ https://www.instagram.com/p/BwrzKrlHsyC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link https://www.instagram.com/p/BwrzM4qH7_n/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Looks like the hogwarts connects to the previous one. I'm not a HP fan, but building a giant minifig scale hogwarts is kinda neat if they keep up the trend. I want the hagrid set just for the pumpkins...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwrzaJnJ9H0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

another. I should say there is a high chance these images go byebye.

Also, i'd say excellent chance we get a deer in a lego set in the near future due to these sets.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 25, 2019

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Scipiotik posted:

This is like Paradisa 2.0, and I love it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Looks like they are remaking all the Harry sets. I think I might get the Knight Bus.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Waltzing Along posted:

Looks like they are remaking all the Harry sets. I think I might get the Knight Bus.

I wish the bus didn't look so spartan. It feels like they whiffed on the execution of the cool concept.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nth Doctor posted:

I wish the bus didn't look so spartan. It feels like they whiffed on the execution of the cool concept.

It’s only slightly better than the first one, and the first one felt like some throwback to 1980s Lego.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I'm definitely down for the bus. Not really into HP but I'm a sucker for purple.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wow, I can't imagine that bus being any worse.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

The_Doctor posted:

It’s only slightly better than the first one, and the first one felt like some throwback to 1980s Lego.

Wow you aren't kidding
http://en.brickimedia.org/wiki/4866_The_Knight_Bus

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh that’s slightly better than I remember. My memory of it was only 4 studs wide. But still!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
GO BABY GO

My father in law thought that my John Wick Mustang was supposed to be Eleanor, so I made Eleanor.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Oh man, that window and cowl slant. Are you some kind of wizard?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Carbohydrates posted:

GO BABY GO

My father in law thought that my John Wick Mustang was supposed to be Eleanor, so I made Eleanor.

Please never stop doing these :allears:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You're a demon

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Scipiotik posted:

The new line of Friends sets is, call me crazy, better than the new line of regular Lego.

These are all neat. There was a batch of friends carnival sets a year or two ago that were all awesome. While I'm not nuts about the minifigs, if time/money/space weren't a factor I'd have bought them all.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Specified user was not found in the live forums.

:confused:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It was probably supposed to be a link to my profile or yours lol. There used to be a lot of jokes in here about how every AFOL wears jorts all of the time. It used to be the thread title. Hence, Jortsman.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

veni veni veni posted:

It was probably supposed to be a link to my profile or yours lol. There used to be a lot of jokes in here about how every AFOL wears jorts all of the time. It used to be the thread title. Hence, Jortsman.

It was supposed to be the classic redirect to the the link clicker's profile.

I swear I've been sabotaged!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The Bloop posted:

what crawled up your donut hole and died

the american dream :911:

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I'm with him, that donut looks like trash. The dimensions are all off and it looks like it's trying to rip off that ugly Simpson's donut.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Werix posted:

I feel the exact same way. There has been a couple times where I almost bought a Friends set, but I don't like the figures they have.

I haven't seen Lego Movie 2 yet, but I assume a plot point is about integrating all the lego styles?

I recently combed through my whole brick collection and pulled out every single Friendfig I could find to shove them in a sandwich bag to give to Goodwill and by god I had way more than I thought. All bald because at least they use the same hair. Some poor kid is going to be really excited for like a second when she finds it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

Never knew, too bad about the joke not working. lol

In Lego news, I just got in a package of Star Wars Sets; Jabba's Sail Barge (75020) and Skiff (9496). Managed to snag both for a little under $100 and I'm stoked... but drat, it's all taken apart in massive chunks rather than individual pieces so I'll have to dismantle it first to build it again. I also don't think he sent the instructions for the Barge. Gonna be a fun LEGO session that's for sure.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love the sail barge. The skiff is good too but it looks really big next to the barge.

Now you gotta get the palace and the Rancor pit :v: Those four sets together have the best minifigures. You get basically every noteworthy Jabba's palace related character.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Saint Sputnik posted:

I recently combed through my whole brick collection and pulled out every single Friendfig I could find to shove them in a sandwich bag to give to Goodwill and by god I had way more than I thought. All bald because at least they use the same hair. Some poor kid is going to be really excited for like a second when she finds it.

It's a bummer that the hands don't turn on the minidolls, because the gymnastics set looks great, but they can't hold onto the uneven bars with both hands. Also, Mulan can't clash swords with the other minidolls.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

TacoNight posted:

Also, Mulan can't clash swords with the other minidolls.

Thanks for making my night.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

I love the sail barge. The skiff is good too but it looks really big next to the barge.

Now you gotta get the palace and the Rancor pit :v: Those four sets together have the best minifigures. You get basically every noteworthy Jabba's palace related character.

I really want those two sets and I'll have all major locations on Tatooine, save for Luke's home but I don't think that was ever a set. Shame that they're so expensive though.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

GO BABY GO

Awesome! Instantly recognisable.

Have you considered doing a Challenger?

e: or a Lancia Beta would be cool and tricky

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Lizard Combatant posted:

Awesome! Instantly recognisable.

Have you considered doing a Challenger?

e: or a Lancia Beta would be cool and tricky
So the thing about cars with double side-by-side headlights is that they're doable (usually with binoculars), but it's super clunky. I haven't found a nice, clean integration method that I truly like the look of yet.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

I really want those two sets and I'll have all major locations on Tatooine, save for Luke's home but I don't think that was ever a set. Shame that they're so expensive though.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

So the thing about cars with double side-by-side headlights is that they're doable (usually with binoculars), but it's super clunky. I haven't found a nice, clean integration method that I truly like the look of yet.

Yes that's one of the problems I'd hope you'd done.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I'd buy it for the rad black skeletons.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Yeah the Minidolls really suck

You cannot bend the legs individually.
You cannot twist the hands.
You cannot remove the hands if you want to play dress up and change the colors of them.
You cannot use the body parts for any other purposes. (There are limited uses for this but in Ninjago they had a dude that had 2 leg assemblies for example)
They have no negative stud on the butt so they don't stay attached if you sit them down. (They have this notch at the bottom of the legs which attaches to some pieces)
The heads are made of a slightly softer plastic so they stop attaching to the torsos after like 10 dismantlings
The hair pieces are made from some sort of soft plastic, very easily bendable/squeezable even by children's hands. These items stop staying attached in the first evening of play.

My daughter has most of the Disney Princess sets and every single princess is permanently bald and after every play session when we scoop everything up the heads go flying everywhere

Complete garbage.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's unfortunate, because I really like the way minidolls look. They're very cute, and depict feminine characters much better than the minifigs with printed hourglass waists do. But you can do very little posing with them.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
RIP Lepin
https://twitter.com/tormentalous/status/1121635143913881601

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe

Welp, no more Star Plan I guess.
Some sites are already taking down their Lepin sets or cancelling orders.
I got the ''Grabgtostteam'' Firehouse last month and just bought the haunted house as soon as I heard the news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
About drat time.