Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

did ne0 say something racist, haha internet joke

That's kind of a shame, I felt like it had potential and I liked the psuedo-Law and Order "let's tie the story arcs to current-ish events" thing it had going on. But it also definitely didn't stand out the way the other big breakout hits did in their first chapters. If it's going down, Hell Warden Higuma is probably next on the block.

Yeah Hell warden is not far behind.

I feel the past few chapters really did a good job of establishing Ne0 is a character. I also really like the main villain. It's a shame, this series has potential.
Can't really say the same thing for Hell Warden. It had a good start but unlike Ne0lation it's backstory just felt rushed and crammed in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i always thought skeleton soldier was merely okay, but the latest chapter introduced a miniskirt nun in a fox mask who controls mechanical beetles and rides a beetle motorcycle that would be more at home in kamen rider. it's official- skeleton soldier is good now.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Chainsawman is legit just funny.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 25, 2019

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Chainsawman is legit just funny.

Denji's the greatest.
She turns into a kissing machine when drunk!
That kiss is as good as mine! :aaa:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's younger than I thought

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's the most realistic 16 year old thats ever been in a manga

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The guy just had a 3 day long death battle in a pit of blood and entrails, let the fuckin kid have a beer

It's not even that taboo in Japan anyway

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jose posted:

he's the most realistic 16 year old thats ever been in a manga

he just looks like he's 20 or something to me

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/shonenjump/status/1121511882198802432?s=20

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
let's see if this one is about absentee fathers or if he's finally gotten it out of his system

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's not even drawn by Kishimoto I thought so who in the world is signing on for his WRITING?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, salad gaiden was one of the last things he wrote and i thought that was legitimately good.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I wonder if writer and artist teams are becoming the standard.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Fabricated posted:

It's not even drawn by Kishimoto I thought so who in the world is signing on for his WRITING?

Literally the three things he wrote for Bort have been good. Kishi has always been decent at writing the more light hearted and fun parts of Naruto. It's when starts drowning in the ocean of melodrama amd large scale fights when the problems start.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
doing a weekly manga is an incredibly hosed up lifestyle that had terrible consequences for kishi and his family. maybe only doing the writing will let the poor man have a life.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

naruto may not have been very good by the end but it was still an extremely popular and successful series. they'd have to be crazy not to give the creator another shot on a different series

unless you mean like the readers but I'd still say he deserves a chance since naruto was at least pretty good for a long while

Mraagvpeine posted:

it seems healthier for everyone involved so I hope so

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

he just looks like he's 20 or something to me

Yeah I mean the fact that all he cares about is getting further with girls as a horny 16 year old and not saving the world

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
did anyone here watch DD Fist of the North Star? because I just found out this existed earlier and each episode has had me nearly in loving tears laughing

everything out of Raoh's mouth is absolute gold

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i really dislike the mc's design in samurai 8

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man, Gintama is a heady mix of completely insular cultural references, historical events I only vaguely understand because of Golden Kamuy, translation notes that indicate when jokes don't translate right, and comedic lunacy. And that penguin-duck thing.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Yep Ne0lation just had it's last chapter. Just a "the end" at the final page no mention of to be continued.
At these time I miss the little author comments they used to post at the end of the magazine.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Mulderman posted:

Yep Ne0lation just had it's last chapter. Just a "the end" at the final page no mention of to be continued.
At these time I miss the little author comments they used to post at the end of the magazine.
They still post them: https://www.viz.com/blog/tagged/1806/author-comments

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Mraagvpeine posted:

It makes sense in a way as they are killing themselves trying to do weekly manga with just one person and maybe some assistants.

I think it looks interesting art wise. I'm sure it will be entertaining and go crazy places as these sort of manga usually do.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Isn't the art 90% of the work though?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

RatHat posted:

If you have to stress about story and art together that's a big deal. Focusing on just one or the other in theory means a better product in the end.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New chapter of we never learn on mangaplus

Very sweet.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

The writer like storyboards it. It's how it works with kengan asura/omega

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Oh wow! I didn't know about this. Thanks.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm still kinda following Hinomaru Zoumo and I have to say there's a ton of stuff it does that not many shounen sports manga do- and not just following the protagonist into the professional sport from high school.

The MC suffers major injuries and has major setbacks in his career that can't be powered through by shounen spirit- his friends and rivals that follow him into the sport all have serious stuff happen. Some accumulate so many injuries they retire, others just quite simply can't hack it at pro level and have to quit, the rest go through slumps/peaks in their careers, they lose and win matches where you'd expect the opposite. It's pretty cool actually- it flat out doesn't shy away from reality.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's a good series and I like it way more than most shonen sports stuff

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

is mangaplus now the same day more or less as scans or is this goldenweek results?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's prob just because of goldenweek

also I figured it out. that crying guy in hell warden is grand fisher from bleach

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
New Oni LoveCome and yeah, I could buy this whole thing is happening on the back of Grandma having no chill.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
A very elegant Spy X Family just dropped. This family is amazing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

*Makes note to start going to Yoga classes*

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

That was fantastic!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Bald teapot...

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

How does this series keep topping itself?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Incredibly strong start to the series. They better make an anime asap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Yeah, that was amazing. This is my favorite new running series.