Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
in today's Kuzumi-kun, Haruna continues to be the best character, accomplishing with aplomb in a single chapter that which other entire series take their entire run to get to :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like all of the couples in Kuzumi a lot and I wish them all the best.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

in today's Kuzumi-kun, Haruna continues to be the best character, accomplishing with aplomb in a single chapter that which other entire series take their entire run to get to :allears:
Haruna: A Proper Harem Protag in disguise.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dunno if anybody but me is reading it but Demon Prince of Momochi House is ending soon at 16 volumes. The US release is up to vol. 13 now, nice to know I'll only have 3 more to get instead of it extending on indefinitely. It hits that same niche as Kamisama Kiss so if anyone liked that and is looking for more in that vein you might check it out.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cool Girlfriend still really cool while meeting her future in-laws.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Goddamn, I am reading that Living With my Brother's Wife series and it's very good and powerful and stuff. And I love that chapter 46 is one of the most directly fan-antagonistic chapters of pretty much anything I can think of. The author might as well be sitting there going "you. Yes, you. I see you there, shipping my characters. :smug:" it's hilarious.
what does this even mean

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
what a good time for me to reach this chapter cover

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

coffee drinking teacher shoulda been there drinking coffee dressed as the mad hatter *shakes head*

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

languid sigh

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm reading a bunch of older josei and shoujo stuff and I'll tell you about ones I think are neat soon....

Wanna make pretty words what about em.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Goddamn, I am reading that Living With my Brother's Wife series and it's very good and powerful and stuff. And I love that chapter 46 is one of the most directly fan-antagonistic chapters of pretty much anything I can think of. The author might as well be sitting there going "you. Yes, you. I see you there, shipping my characters. :smug:" it's hilarious.

i read the chapter and didn't get this sense at all. could you explain your thought process a bit?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Owning the romcom fans by writing romcoms.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

Joke's on them because romcoms are like cinnamon tea for me.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

kishi wokajirou with the gay double date

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DisDisDis posted:

i read the chapter and didn't get this sense at all. could you explain your thought process a bit?
Granted I have not read their other works, but it felt to me when I read it that it was a chapter that spent most of it teasing people who want shino and nozomi to get together. I've never really felt the series was very romantic at all with any characters besides nozomi and taishi of course

chumbler posted:

It's not really a romcom, least, not yet, it's more of a comedy with an undercurrent of drama. if shou starts angling for shino as more than a childhood friend, I see that as being introduced as less of a romcom thing for the series and more of a wrench to throw into the works with nozomi's emotional dependence on shino

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 26, 2019

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

kishi wokajirou with the gay double date

Huh, i've missed like 3 chapters of this. I didn't know it was updating again.

Thanks Dis.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i've not read most of it cuz i disliked it initially esp compared to Maka Maka but the premise of "outgoing exchange student baits shutin fujoshi into going on a festival date by bringing two hot gay dudes" is really good I have to admit

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Captain Invictus posted:

Granted I have not read their other works, but it felt to me when I read it that it was a chapter that spent most of it teasing people who want shino and nozomi to get together. I've never really felt the series was very romantic at all with any characters besides nozomi and taishi of course

It's not really a romcom, least, not yet, it's more of a comedy with an undercurrent of drama. if shou starts angling for shino as more than a childhood friend, I see that as being introduced as less of a romcom thing for the series and more of a wrench to throw into the works with nozomi's emotional dependence on shino

call me crazy, but i think the yuri mangaka may be purposely writing this relationship in a way that could be read in certain ways and isn't being as fan-antagonistic as you claim.

also call me crazy but I think your initial post and this post's tone is condensing and sucks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't know what the author usually does since I've not read their other works but that puts things into context more if they normally make yuri works? I've been reading it as a great and often hilarious story of coping and recovering from tragedy. Shino is really relateable in a few scenes in particular, for sure. I'm not trying to be condescending, so apologies if I worded it poorly.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Apr 26, 2019

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I think most of that chapter is Shino displaying the same gay behavior she's been for most of the manga, the most I'd say since the way I've read the tone of it so far I don't see it going for the age gap relationship is it's a bit of self indulgence on the part of the yuri author who keeps drawing covers of the two leads having intense almost kiss staring contests having her characters flirt for a whole chapter... but since she keeps drawing those covers maybe I'm the one who's misreading it lol

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

maybe why other readers want something to happen there so badly?

:barf:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ah, I don't usually pay attention to covers most of the time in most series, I tend to just scroll straight to the first page of the chapter proper. I also tend to skip those little author doodles at the ends of volumes, etc, so if they ever explain something I miss it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

I think most of that chapter is Shino displaying the same gay behavior she's been for most of the manga, the most I'd say since the way I've read the tone of it so far I don't see it going for the age gap relationship is it's a bit of self indulgence on the part of the yuri author who keeps drawing covers of the two leads having intense almost kiss staring contests having her characters flirt for a whole chapter... but since she keeps drawing those covers maybe I'm the one who's misreading it lol

The funniest volume cover is the one where if you only glance at it it looks like Nozomi is a vampire holding Shino's decapitated head, which I think might have worked better in Kuzushiro's head than it ended up on paper.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

chumbler posted:

The funniest chapter cover is the one where if you only glance at it it looks like Nozomi is holding Shino's decapitated head, which I think might have worked better in Kuzushiro's head than it ended up on paper.
lol that's the only one I actually went back to look at specifically because that's what I saw as I scrolled past. Not a good idea to have shino's dress blend into nozomi's like that. :v:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

here are the most recent two lol

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
gonna be honest i completely missed the decapitation read over "another menacingly eyefucking cover huh" but it's very fitting with everything else going on there

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
imagine needing the covers or author doodle's to know my brother's wife is gay as gently caress

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
if you skip authors notes and omake you are a literal criminal

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

if you skip authors notes and omake you are a literal criminal

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Afterwards tend to be some of my favorite parts in manga tbqh.

Also there's already raws out of Bloom Into You chapter 40 and they're the wokest poo poo ever IMO

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1FK704vEdQ

BL movie??

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh poo poo that's Twittering Birds Never Fly

so awesome

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
some info
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-04-25/kou-yoneda-twittering-birds-never-fly-boys-love-manga-gets-anime-film/.146146

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
maybe we'll finally get past volume 3 over here someday

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
i just wanna know if shino and nozmi are gonna kiss

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cuntellectual posted:

i just wanna know if shino and nozmi are gonna kiss

:same:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I need to get around to reading Kizuna, since she's apparently doing some kind of new thing with it
https://twitter.com/kodaka_kazuma/status/1121836223243280385

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Interesting that the director's only ever been an episode director and producer before, I'd have kinda assumed there'd be a show director job at some point in between.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
GRIZZLY is pretty new so that might be all they could afford idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Everything Burrito posted:

oh poo poo that's Twittering Birds Never Fly

so awesome

Now there's something I never expected to get animated. Exciting, and judging by the subtitle there could be more in the future if it does well.