Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

we're gonna be watching do you remember love in ONE HOUR, cancel all your friday night plans
https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchanime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

homeless snail posted:

we're gonna be watching do you remember love in ONE HOUR, cancel all your friday night plans

I can't believe it's finally time to say goodbye to the Macro Sky.

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 11, 2019

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haha yeah right, there's still flashback 2012, macross 2, and macross plus

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I really like whenever Robot Detective becomes all shadowy like this, it happens at least once every chapter

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I can't think of Sakamoto from Gintama as anything other than Samurai Zaphod Beeblebrox.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail posted:

love remembering will commence shortly

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I can't think of Sakamoto from Gintama as anything other than Samurai Zaphod Beeblebrox.

Just a note, this might be the nerdiest thing I've ever said in my entire life and I am not even joking about that.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Just a note, this might be the nerdiest thing I've ever said in my entire life and I am not even joking about that.

It's okay, you're among friends here. Mostly.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Utena thoughts up to 8: In Juri's episode when the flashback started I immediately assumed she had a crush on the girl from the way it was framed, so I was very confused until the end of the episode and the shocking reveal.

I expected the show to be a lot more confusing than it is, but it's nothing compared to Penguin Drum. The only thing that really baffles me is Miki's stopwatch since it never came up in his backstory episode.

Nanami shenanigans episodes are by far the best part of the show.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you like those you should watch sailor moon s because half of that season is that

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Revolutionary Girl Utena is the most straightforward and easy to read anime ever made.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I remember love now

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Gonna check this out. Will come back with a trip report.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Extremely upset that the new directors cut of Do You Remember love ended with the universe being saved by low animation baseball practice

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the pacing was bananas but it sure was pretty, and misa didn't spend forever getting jerked around in it so good movie

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Extremely upset that the new directors cut of Do You Remember love ended with the universe being saved by low animation baseball practice

You just don't understand true art!

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 11, 2019

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I've always wanted an episode of macross where they played baseball, so good.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Captain Cappy posted:

You just don't understand true art!

Supercut of Misa and Minmay's stare at the end of the movie with the Hachinai girls stare at baseball practice

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you found it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
how do I watch dirty pair

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
why is torrenting so hard nowadays

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

why is torrenting so hard nowadays

nyaa.si

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ah, bless you

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Alright, I watched the five episodes of Wacky TV Nanana that are out. Surprisingly, it's not all that wacky-it's got a very dry sense of humor-a few puns here and there, but mostly just banter between the characters. Visually, the show has a cardboard cutout look to it that's actually pretty decent, and despite all the characters being bananas, they all have various textures and discolorations that make them visually unique.

A solid 5/10 short so far, and each ep is only 3 minutes long, so you're not losing much time investment checking it out.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Ishinomori is so good, I love the old detective

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/ayunoko/status/1100057346837868547

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

What is going on with her hair?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Captain Cappy posted:

What is going on with her hair?

It's hair

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

haha yeah right, there's still flashback 2012, macross 2, and macross plus

I'm the Macross 2 defender

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Revolutionary Girl Utena is the most straightforward and easy to read anime ever made.
shockingly most of the people that attribute insane convolution and labyrinthine symbolism to it are the people who were trying to find a reading of it where it wasnt gay

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ikuhara is such an auteur.... i would love to ask him what this scene of anthy looking at utena's naked body and smiling approvingly is supposed to represent... truly, process he uses to create his art is an eternal enigma...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this is also true of madoka, kannazuki no miko, flipflappers, and that one episode of mushishi

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[looks at touga hold this carrot in front of his mouth and forehead]

absolutely inscrutable imagery

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
miki's stopwatch is him timing how long he can go without a gay thought

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
drat, had no firm Friday night plans but didn't check the thread. Literally first unread post was "watch macross tonight!"

Wasted Friday night.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

iktf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
NON NON BIYORI SEASON 3!