Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pollyanna posted:

Why spider manga so slow

I’m catching up after like >6 months and it has barely gotten any further.

it just updated

mind you the light novel is way ahead of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

it just updated

mind you the light novel is way ahead of this

Yes I know. I hear the light novel has really dope poo poo but the protagonist has barely moved from their starting situation in the manga.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Captain Invictus posted:

new Slime Isekai

I liked this chapter and all that, but if it's going to spend the next few chapters on setup, I'd rather dive headfirst into the webnovel rather than wait months for them to get to what has been alluded to many chapters ago. What chapter does this one correspond to, and is there a preferred group to read the webnovel translation of, there's a few listed on novelupdates and asianhobbyist's translation of Duke's Daughter varied pretty dramatically at times.

This month was a double chapter so the next chapter should be out shortly. This entire point forward is setup for the great big event later. But this all corresponds to the recently released LN5.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

Why spider manga so slow

You should complain about how slow it is more often

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's a monthly so it's slow going but I think we're pretty close to leaving the labyrinth.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bakanogami posted:

I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure the creepy looking movement canceling for speed is specifically supposed to be a reference to certain Castlevania TASes, since I see them (and super metroid to a lesser extent) described in the same terms on niconico and such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayaWIKM9iRE

The reference to npc duplication was probably inspired by the infamous Louis Letrush duplication glitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7xMViT9ivw

Sekai game feels plausible in a way thanks to all the glitches and gamer cynicism regarding dev incompetence.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I would be very surprised if a lot of this wasn't inspired by Elder Scrolls game.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

Why spider manga so slow

If you think that's bad try following the web novel, it hasn't even gotten an update in six months, and was already at a glacial pace for a couple years before that.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Milady Just Wants to Relax

A typical, but still probably some light fun in the form of an otome/webnovel villainess who opens her own cafe and instead of your normie love interests, there's gonna be boys with animal ears which is a fairly good tradeoff if you ask me.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Isn’t there literally another one exactly like that?

I say, in the isekai thread.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

Isn’t there literally another one exactly like that?

I say, in the isekai thread.

Two at least. There's the one where she becomes a nun and then the one where she becomes a baker.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
There are boys with animal ears, its totally different (not really)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I feel like all these different isekai just means people wanna play some drat TRPGs.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

its hard to play trpgs on the train to work

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nihilarian posted:

its hard to play trpgs on the train to work

Somebody's not trying hard enough

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

I feel like all these different isekai just means people wanna play some drat TRPGs.

Might have something to do with the popularity of Critical Role, yeah.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new The Faraway Paladin

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

Crunchyroll, out of the blue, just put up The Twelve Kingdoms in its entirety. This was my first foray into Isekai before I even knew what that meant. Also it's really, really good and I'd recommend it to anyone (who likes anime).

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Oh wow, I completely missed this one and just binged all of it.

Will is a good boy.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New Shield Heroine
How will Maple handle the new found nerfs?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Forget about that, we have a serious emergency: her shield no longer matches her armor!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Here again with a couple more NovelUpdates recommendations. One I've been reading for a little while, the other I only just picked up. They're both by the same authors and apparently share a "franchise," though I'm not sure if that means they're connected story-wise. They haven't yet at least. Neither of these are the fluffy stuff I normally like to read. I wouldn't say they're that dark, they just have their moments.

The first is the one I've been reading for a bit now, Demon Girl ~Tale of a Lax Demon~. A girl wakes from a dream of a world filled with light (ours), realizing that she's reincarnated as a formless Demon on their home plane. After a bit of eating other basically mindless demons, she comes across an incredibly powerful one that looks like a black panther. He teaches her things, including how to create a form for herself (she creates a golden kitten with bat wings). Eventually she succumbs to the temptation of experiencing a world like that in her dream and half-willingly enters a summoning circle, only to find herself waking up as a newly born infant in a fantasy world. Things settle for a bit as she hides her demon nature from the people around her, but they get out of hand as time goes on. (Like, really out of hand. It's great. Though the third reincarnation starts a little slow until it picks up and gets right back on track.)

The other is Apotheosis of a Demon – A Monster Evolution Story. I haven't yet finished reading everything that's been translated, but while I like Demon Girl I like this one a bit more. (E2: Ehhh. This WN got a bit worse with a couple interactions and some seedier people now that the MC is actually capable interacting with them in ways other than fighting. It hasn't gotten awful, but I like Demon Girl more now..) A new VRMMO, World of Yggdrasia, is coming soon and the game has just started its beta. Hype is high because it's incredibly realistic, huge world is nothing like anything that's come out before. However, unknown to the general public is a set of 100 "alpha testers," orphans that are given monster bodies and functionally torturous conditions instead of the safer, more comfortable options the other testers get. The orphans are told that this is testing for future monster vs. human PvP content, and after 6 months they'll have the next 10 years of their life paid for. There's a secret that's been hidden from even the orphans, though, and things quickly start to go south.

In the middle of all of that is No. 13, an albino orphan, often being bullied and called a bunny rabbit, that decides she's going to start the game as a demon. Her mind rebels against trying to control what's essentially a puddle of ooze, and she's not only constantly fighting that painful sense of disconnect but monsters and other players as well. She eventually stumbles across the truth behind the World of Yggdrasia and decides she's had enough bullshit.

Apotheosis does have slave stuff going on. (If you're not a human, you're basically slave fodder.) The MC doesn't take kindly to it though: saving one small tribe of elves, avenging one group she couldn't help and freeing another batch of beastfolk from bandits. That said, there's been very little heavy abuse towards the slaves on page so far, just some verbal abuse and bruises referencing previous abuse. I have a feeling that might change, but given previous events it won't go unpunished if it does. E: My feeling was right. So was my expectation.

Onean fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 14, 2019

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, darn. oniichanmyanete, which means it will never be finished.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Since I just edited this to Apotheosis, I'll mention it here: E2: Ehhh. It got a bit worse with a couple interactions and some seedier people now that the MC is actually capable interacting with them in ways other than fighting. It hasn't gotten awful, but I like Demon Girl more now.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

They've been updating pretty steadily so it might be fine. Do they have a history of dropping things?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yes. they've started tons of projects, many of them interesting. of those, they've finished exactly one. granted, some of those were licensed or are still ongoing, but still.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Latest Isekai quartet is amazing.

Everyone was assigned to student council committees randomly, and I keep cursing the fact that episodes are so short.

Pharohman777 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 15, 2019

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lol right? I've been tempted to look at that apotheosis story in the past couple of months since the updates seems pretty steady but then I just look at the banner at the top of the page and my motivation to read just seeps away. For me it's a shame since I first got into webnovel reading around the time oniichanmyanete was still super active and super high quality - so my memories of that site and that team are fond ones - but the modern one chapter every six months release schedule is just too much for me to bear.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/nichegamer/status/1124507075453886464?s=19

Skynet? More like Skyrim.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pharohman777 posted:

Latest Isekai quartet is amazing.

Everyone was assigned to student council committees randomly, and I keep cursing the fact that episodes are so short.

those poor animals

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Wait, is this actually Skyrim fanfic, or just based off the arrow-knee joke?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
It's just a meme, yes.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So it's clickbait.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

those poor animals

Megumin in charge of intercom announcements :kiss:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

So it's clickbait.

That's isekai in a nutshell.

"SEXY BEASTGIRLS!" "SLAVE HAREM!" "DEMON LORD DOES THE UNEXPECTED!"

You could probably pick a random tabloid headline and have an isekai concept ready-made.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Bat Boy isekai when

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

So it's clickbait.

Nipponophile posted:

You could probably pick a random tabloid headline and have an isekai concept ready-made.

We've had an isekai where a guy became a hot spring and I'm half sure there's one of a guy turned into a vending machine. It's really easy to believe anything at this point.

Imagine if like, the YuruYuri cast got pulled into Pokemon season 1/ Red/Yellow/Blue.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Nipponophile posted:

TRUCK PRANK GONE WRONG!! YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Bat Boy isekai when

Batman Ninja

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
"Top 10 Fantasy Monsters I've Reincarnated as, you won't believe number 4!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

sunken fleet posted:

lol right? I've been tempted to look at that apotheosis story in the past couple of months since the updates seems pretty steady but then I just look at the banner at the top of the page and my motivation to read just seeps away. For me it's a shame since I first got into webnovel reading around the time oniichanmyanete was still super active and super high quality - so my memories of that site and that team are fond ones - but the modern one chapter every six months release schedule is just too much for me to bear.

I wouldn't change your mind if you're sure, but I'd still recommend giving it a chance. There's almost 50 chapters out, which is halfway through the whole thing since there's 100 total. They've been steady with the updates since January, so I wouldn't be surprised if they finished it.