Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Confronting Twice with plausible copies of himself is the dirtiest and most effective bit of psychological warfare you could commit short of murdering the rest of the League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Twice can clone anyone once each (which means he can clone multiple people once at any given time, but not one person multiple times), and that clone has all the original's properties, including their quirks. Which means his own clones can each clone someone once, as well. Such as themself.

...and on, and on, and on, and on...which was basically his origin story, and why seeing multiples of himself is actually plausible to be real copies of himself, rather than obviously being someone else's quirk shenanigans.

even that's vague. we know that he can make copies of things but it's never been made clear how many copies of a thing he can make or how many things he can copy. my recollection is that he can clone two people/objects/whatever at a time (one for each hand) and that they can be successively cloned but get more fragile with each iteration, but i have no idea where i got that idea from or how accurate it is

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Oh no Twice :ohdear:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oxxidation posted:

even that's vague. we know that he can make copies of things but it's never been made clear how many copies of a thing he can make or how many things he can copy. my recollection is that he can clone two people/objects/whatever at a time (one for each hand) and that they can be successively cloned but get more fragile with each iteration, but i have no idea where i got that idea from or how accurate it is

I think he brought it up in the Overhaul arc.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Have we ever seen how Twice actually makes his clones? As far as I remember, he's always made them off screen.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Please don't die, Twice and Toga.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
People are spreading so much false info about Twice's quirk right now.

Twice explained how his quirk worked. The clones he creates are exact copies of the original with their powers and everything, but they are more fragile. Twice can create up to two clones at a time, presumably they can be of the same person as he did not say that was a limit. However the second clone he creates will be even more fragile than the first.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if nothing else, toga and dabi are 100% living through this

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Manatee Cannon posted:

if nothing else, toga and dabi are 100% living through this

Yeah, Toga and Dabi have unresolved plot hooks, they won't die before then.

Twice might go down but I think he's too valuable for lightening the mood.

Spinner and Compress are the ones who are at risk here, if anyone.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Spinner has been getting a good amount of focus as the "narrator" for this arc and stuff, like questioning Shigaraki, so I think he's safe for now at least.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

spinner could go either way really. he's been getting focus here but that could just as easily lead to him dying as anything else

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Compress gets murked just as he starts talking about his background and why he's on Team Dark.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I hope my good friend Twice will be ok...

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I just want Twice to be okay :ohdear:

I really love the way he's been portrayed as the most "normal" of the VA. Just a regular mook among all these real weirdos. Even his mental illness feels more grounded than the issues the others have.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Twice is good people.

Also, I'm glad the chapter immediately jumped from a Dabi fight to a more interesting character.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's possible that his quirk works differently for copying other people than for copying himself. he doesn't copy himself any more, but his traumatic past wouldn't make much sense if all of those copies were flimsy.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

So is he gonna get over his hang up and copy himself to save Toga?

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's possible that his quirk works differently for copying other people than for copying himself. he doesn't copy himself any more, but his traumatic past wouldn't make much sense if all of those copies were flimsy.

He will make a crazier Toga

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Twice is good people.

Also, I'm glad the chapter immediately jumped from a Dabi fight to a more interesting character.
That's what we in the business call "a transition," because there is no character less interesting than Dabi.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dabi's got a very interesting design. too bad about every other aspect of his character.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I like Dabi, but I sure couldn't tell you why. :shrug: He's definitely the least interesting of the VA, though.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
With Dabi were just waiting for the inevitable shoe to drop about his connection to the Todoroki family.
I thought his actions during Endeavor's mini arc were interesting.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Dabi himself is kind of a generically boring edge lord and the less interesting Tomura. It’s the stuff around him and his hearing on the greater world that make him interesting for now.

It, doesn’t help that he’s the least invested in the actual League and it’s goals.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Crank theory, based entirely on having seen copies of his who could take a hit in the short flashback: His power lets him create up to three clones at a time, and the first clone isn't more fragile than the original human. Every copy he's made in the series so far is a fragile second copy, because there's already a robust first copy running around somewhere, another Twice survivor.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Dabi himself is kind of a generically boring edge lord and the less interesting Tomura. It’s the stuff around him and his hearing on the greater world that make him interesting for now.

It, doesn’t help that he’s the least invested in the actual League and it’s goals.

Dabi's best moments were in the island survival omake storyline.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Dabi's a shallow character because MHA tries to tell us he's cool because he's so edgy but Dabi never really does anything impressive or have good character moments to back up that claim.

I know there's no chance of it happening, but I'd laugh if Horikoshi had the balls to actually ice Dabi in this arc and never resolve that whole 'Dabi is secretly a Todoroki' theory.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

amigolupus posted:

Dabi's a shallow character because MHA tries to tell us he's cool because he's so edgy but Dabi never really does anything impressive or have good character moments to back up that claim.

I know there's no chance of it happening, but I'd laugh if Horikoshi had the balls to actually ice Dabi in this arc and never resolve that whole 'Dabi is secretly a Todoroki' theory.

He could quite literally ice Dabi here.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dabi is just too cool.

The rest of the league are strange failures who live in run down shacks, murder racists to steal their cash and get beaten up by the mafia. But Dabi is too aloof and competent to be shown doing any of these things, even though they're what makes the league interesting and strangely easy to root for and be invested in. He's probably the League's most effective and capable member but in the end he's just dull.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dabi is like a 13 year old's idea of cool

it'd be lame to just kill him without resolving anything tho

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He's probably the League's most effective and capable member

Didn't he waste a High-End Nomu just to say gently caress YOU DAD?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

Didn't he waste a High-End Nomu just to say gently caress YOU DAD?

in fairness, that was mostly Hawks’ fault

Dabi wanted High End to murk a decent portion of the city, but Hawks ruined it by unexpectedly bringing in Endeavor and then giving him backup

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's a Noumu they don't matter. And even though he had to retreat he was portrayed like he could've killed Endeavor if not for reinforcements

Also, he got away with Bakugou and he didn't get beat up by the mafia. That's a step above the rest!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shigaraki is just as big of a tryhard edge lord has Dabi.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The difference is that Shigaraki has a character arc.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's a Noumu they don't matter. And even though he had to retreat he was portrayed like he could've killed Endeavor if not for reinforcements

Also, he got away with Bakugou and he didn't get beat up by the mafia. That's a step above the rest!

I mean endeavor got hosed up by that noumu. you don't have to be that tough to win that fight

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sure but those chapters portrayed Dabi as effective and intimidating. He could have been portrayed as pathetically hiding behind his frankenstein monster or as any number of things. But it was written more like he was the one behind the attack and he almost had Endeavor dead to rights.

Dabi is portrayed as cool and powerful but he hasn't really done anything interesting. Which is kind of the problem

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The villain alliance has to mirror the hero academy which is why Dabi is their Momo.

But the only difference is that Dabi has wide range attacks and is extremely good at being the traitor on their end.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Who the hell is Momo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Viridiant posted:

Who the hell is Momo.

I think the one with the multiple arms and Kakashi mask?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Viridiant posted:

Who the hell is Momo.

I don't know what this "Momo" is, but it sounds disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Viridiant posted:

Who the hell is Momo.

https://bokunoheroacademia.fandom.com/wiki/Momo_Yaoyorozu