Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Noted non-perv Elizabeth Bathory

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Big fan of that cool furry slime.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

It took me literal months to get through the Orchid Words chapter because Tamamo was just so bloody cringe worthy.

Thankfully she doesnt have her own chapter in LINK which made it much more fun to play.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow I'm not buying LiNK anymore

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tamamo is my favorite character in the moon cell games and i connect with her and the way her writing approaches sexuality and intimacy, especially playing as girl hakunon, so it's kinda annoying to hear her described as "cringey"

she's probably the one main character in extella who's personal drama i feel somewhat invested in lol. beats the hell out of having everyone stop to talk about velber for the 18th time

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 18, 2019

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I had never played a Fate game (or seen any of the anime) prior to Umbral Star so that was my first impression of her. I think it was the super possessive nature and tone, it just seemed to go too far for me and it distracted me from what was one of the more interesting chapters story wise.

They toned it down in LINK and I found her to be quite a lot more fun when she is sharing the spotlight instead of hogging it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[Sho Minamimoto voice] So zetta cringe!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

E: I don't remember if the official TL makes the CE description gender neutral but it should IMO

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well. the point of tamamo being really possessive in extella, i'm pretty sure, is because she's a deeply anxious and clingy person who's afraid of being abandoned, so put in a position of extreme power she wants to devote her entire being to keeping hakuno close to her out of extreme fear that hakuno would leave her otherwise, which is something she explicitly states when you defeat her in nero's route. which, i wouldn't really describe as cringe-worthy as much as. character writing.

and also i as a lesbian personally like it when my partner is a bit forceful, so that affects my takeaway a bit

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
One of the cool things about Tamamo in FGO is that while she still is very close to Gudao/Gudako and flirts with them, it's fairly explicit that they are pining to return to Hakuno/Hakunon and the FGO events are something she has to get resolved to do so.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

E: I don't remember if the official TL makes the CE description gender neutral but it should IMO
Eh, the idea of Tamamo's sexuality is that she's bi in so much as she's willing to cast women in the role of 'husband,' so her giving generically gendered advice on how to treat your husband makes sense.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1z8XFR3nNg

:bisonyes:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Ah, the Burning Rangers anime reboot is looking good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDWsZh9qXsQ

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hype

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Medusa: “Tamamo you can’t post cringe! You’re going to loose your zones!”

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ive seen that art style before somewhere. A show someone recommended to me in the recommendations thread a while back that I never really stuck with.

The Colonel posted:

well. the point of tamamo being really possessive in extella, i'm pretty sure, is because she's a deeply anxious and clingy person who's afraid of being abandoned, so put in a position of extreme power she wants to devote her entire being to keeping hakuno close to her out of extreme fear that hakuno would leave her otherwise, which is something she explicitly states when you defeat her in nero's route. which, i wouldn't really describe as cringe-worthy as much as. character writing.

and also i as a lesbian personally like it when my partner is a bit forceful, so that affects my takeaway a bit

Maybe I missed something playing through because I didnt get some of that, but it make more sense when you lay it out like that. How much of her character building took place during the PSP games that occur prior?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Furnaceface posted:

Maybe I missed something playing through because I didnt get some of that, but it make more sense when you lay it out like that. How much of her character building took place during the PSP games that occur prior?

fate/extra basically lays out her entire backstory in the my room scenes across the game and builds her entire relationship with hakuno, tying it together a bit towards the end with hakuno (potentially) promising that they only love tamamo and tamamo sticking with hakuno in the moon cell core to comfort them as they're both erased from the system

ccc's not in english so i haven't played it yet but afaik tamamo ties pretty deep into the story of that game and is the only one in extella who has any memories of it

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Out of gas on a residential street corner.

Was planning on watching Kimetsu no Yaiba soon. But i guess not. Yaaay.

At least I have lots of fruit with me.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

:ohdear:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

At least you're not out in the boonies? Hope you get that sorted soon.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Maybe i should start a collection to go alongside my one of anime rolls

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

verbal enema posted:

Please post more thoughts as you read on

The Engrish shirts are the best :allears:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Infinitum posted:

The Engrish shirts are the best :allears:

Oh gently caress me you scooting along pretty well

Yeah I LOVE that panel who the gently caress are these guys? I always forget lol

What chapter are you on?

e: BAD HEAD

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

109. It's a good read.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Infinitum posted:

109. It's a good read.

It really is. I look forward to each release like Christmas

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lol

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Spiritus Nox posted:

At least you're not out in the boonies? Hope you get that sorted soon.
My fruit (and AAA) brought me through these hard, hard (lol, I waited for a guy with gas to show up. First World Problems :geno:) times.
And I still watched Yaiba just now. So all in all, a good day.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/ELEVEN_ARTS/status/1129888103618023424?s=20

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If Millennium Actress is not my favorite anime film it's drat close, so that's cool.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Symphogear S2 is pretty loving rad.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Symphogear S2 is pretty loving rad.

My rewatch hasn't gotten back to it quite yet, but I'd still probably say it's my favorite season.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Okay, I'm looking for the name of the older anime that sometimes gets giffed and talked about here because I've wanted to watch it for a while - that one with the tan lady and the little girl, all the gifs look super beautifully animated.
Wish my memory for this stuff was better.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Michiko and Hatchin?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Okay, I'm looking for the name of the older anime that sometimes gets giffed and talked about here because I've wanted to watch it for a while - that one with the tan lady and the little girl, all the gifs look super beautifully animated.
Wish my memory for this stuff was better.
michiko and hatchin, same director as fujiko mine and yuri on ice. her best show, imo, though the back half of it gets a little meandering.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's irritating that fate/extella has actually decent bits and character writing but it's all spread out over like. a dull-rear end velber sandwich that i couldn't give less of a poo poo about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Home stretch of this season. The Rocky montage a little bit before was also, very good.