Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's less a logistics complaint than a narrative one. It's already being implied that Westeros is going to be better off with Tyrion as a people-focused hand, and a small council that's getting back to business instead of being completely snared up in Post-Robert political deathmatches. I think Bran's 30 seconds of screentime there could have been spent on something more interesting than showing that D&D didn't Just Forget(tm) that Drogon is still out there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah considering the popular version of the story of what Robert had done, how long they had peace with him on the throne, and then what happened when the family he deposed came back, he's probably going down in history as one of the most beloved kings in living memory.

Anyone with any good memories of Targ rule would be Barristan-Selmy-age and even most of them would have lived through the Aerys going nutso and the cover-story about Rhaegar being a kidnapper/rapist so they might not agree with him about those being better times.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 20, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I was discussing Drogon just loving off with Dany's corpse and never being seen again with a family member and they said they think that Drogon flew her to Volantis and dropped her off at the Red Temple and Kinvara resurrected her like Melissandre resurrected Jon.

So the real final shot of the series that we just didn't see is Dany laying on a table and gasping for breath as she comes back to life and ready to start this poo poo all over again with no Jon there to stop her this time. Because gently caress you, Game of Thrones.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/TheRachelFisher/status/1130295446486708225

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Time's up, fatman. Pencils down.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

nine-gear crow posted:

I was discussing Drogon just loving off with Dany's corpse and never being seen again with a family member and they said they think that Drogon flew her to Volantis and dropped her off at the Red Temple and Kinvara resurrected her like Melissandre resurrected Jon.

So the real final shot of the series that we just didn't see is Dany laying on a table and gasping for breath as she comes back to life and ready to start this poo poo all over again with no Jon there to stop her this time. Because gently caress you, Game of Thrones.

lmfao that's so hacky I can't believe they didn't do it

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Or fly her to the North and turn her into the new Night King.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1130581319593783296

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Last scene is two dornish women, wearing white, in the very south of westeros, standing on top of the other wall, which is made out of fire. They watch two fire elves plus an incorporeal army of spirits advance towards them. One of them asks "should be tell them?" and the other says "nah" and like, eats her bad pussy as the curtain closes.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The mistranslated dornish words used to be "summer is coming".

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Instead of wasting time warning everyone that winter was coming they should have made the house words 'Study abroad. Hide in a tree. YOLO'

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So does all the snow being gone in KL at the end mean Spring's started already?

Ned you alarmist oval office.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
What the gently caress are the nights watch even watching now? What is their purpose?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Presumably the wildlings could start raiding the North again.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

hitchensgoespop posted:

What the gently caress are the nights watch even watching now? What is their purpose?

kickin' back, taking it easy

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
the night's watch is now officially an outdoor relief camp for criminals and aristocratic failsons/bastards, instead of just effectively those things

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ghost never knew he fathered a litter and continues to creampie teen wolves to this day

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

smdh that they made Bronn a high lord, but didn't have a subplot with him trying to choose a surname, pick out some house words, design a banner, find a politically advantageous marriage, etc.

yronic heroism posted:

He’s the lord of the rainwood, read ASOS you filthy show watcher

davos's lands are in the rainwood, yes, but the rainwood is a fairly large region (like the kingswoood) and it is unlikely that the mere landed knights of house seaworth administer the whole of it. For one thing there are multiple castles there

read ADWD you plebe!

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 20, 2019

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hitchensgoespop posted:

They're just the boyscouts now.

Also who the gently caress got the 1000th Lord Commander title? There are no named Nights Watch left other than Jon who seems to have just... Quit.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

kickin' back, taking it easy

Given the choice you would do that in dorne surely, sunny, hot spicy food, bad poosay

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

They're just the boyscouts now.

Also who the gently caress got the 1000th Lord Commander title? There are no named Nights Watch left other than Jon who seems to have just... Quit.

i...i had assumed the few remaining nights watchmen had died out w/ Edd at the battle of winterfell

but i guess the institution is in fine and healthy shape after all

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Normy posted:

Presumably the wildlings could start raiding the North again.

*Wildling kills a peasant, steals a bushel of corn* Haha!

*feudal lord yelling out from a battlement* Hey! HEY! rear end in a top hat! We fought together at the battle of Winterfell what the gently caress!

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Didnt Jon snow give them some land below the wall? Was that ever in the show?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

banned from Starbucks posted:

Ghost never knew he fathered a litter and continues to creampie teen wolves to this day

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

hitchensgoespop posted:

Didnt Jon snow give them some land below the wall? Was that ever in the show?

Yep, in the episode before Hardhome

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

RIP hippie chick

https://twitter.com/aubnics/status/1122235344844357632

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Sam: Here it is, my masterpiece, I call it A Song Of Assnfire

Davos: But why would you call it that?

Sam: *farts

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
The show did one thing well: it collected a bunch of minor characters who had great voices. Jorah, Beric, Edmure Tully: these dudes all had fine rear end medieval narration voices

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
"But why a song?"

"Ah poo poo, they forgot to include all that Rhaegar stuff, didn't they?"

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Can you imagine if we had to wait like another 10 years for this? Also the Riverlands isn't apart of the Northern Kingdom for some reason????? Dorne and especially the Iron Islands are gone as soon as they can get out of the capital.

I do like how they didn't know what to do with Arya so they literally put her on a boat alone towards a death sentence. Also Sansa waited until Jon got exiled and then declared independence afterwards so she could be queen. In a better written show that would've been amazing.

We all agree Bran is actually evil though right?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

SirKibbles posted:

He is the Most Qualified Candidate Ever, he's got the Facebook data to show for it.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
the new king can give anyone planning further secessions from the kingdom an aneurysm without getting out of his wheelchair

dorne and the iron islands aren't going anywhere

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

SirKibbles posted:

Depends on the theory.

So, the children of the forest were at war with the first men (and in the show they created the Night King and by extension white walkers).

We know they served the old gods and did human sacrifices to weirwood trees (the northmen did as well for centuries, and they still do it in Skagos).

So, if you're on team human, the Old Gods, the CotF, etc. are your enemies.

And Bloodraven just doesn't seem on the level and is up to some shady poo poo as a servant to them.

So, if you believe all the theories about the three eyed crow, the weirwoods, the CotF, and Bran not being Bran anymore but something else, then yeah, King Bran is definitely not on team human.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If GRRM’s ending matches the show as far as Bran is concerned than he has to be Bloodraven that took over his mind/body perma warged I dunno. But since they couldn’t set that up properly D&D gave us a bullet point without the weighting?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

the riverlands are the area just south of the neck so they’re not part of the north

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Koirhor posted:

If GRRM’s ending matches the show as far as Bran is concerned than he has to be Bloodraven that took over his mind/body perma warged I dunno. But since they couldn’t set that up properly D&D gave us a bullet point without the weighting?

That's the only thing that makes even a lick of sense. And will be hilarious if the "why do you think I came all this way" line was actually given tot hem because it would line up perfectly for him as well.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

if bloodraven/three eyed crow is anything like the bene gesserit gestalt mind then bloodraven took over bran as the stronger personality and finally took the throne.

that’s the kind of cool stupid poo poo that grrm is good at and dnd poo poo all over it like it was a field near a stream

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

And Bloodraven just doesn't seem on the level and is up to some shady poo poo as a servant to them.

So, if you believe all the theories about the three eyed crow, the weirwoods, the CotF, and Bran not being Bran anymore but something else, then yeah, King Bran is definitely not on team human.

TK-42-1 posted:

if bloodraven/three eyed crow is anything like the bene gesserit gestalt mind then bloodraven took over bran as the stronger personality and finally took the throne.

that’s the kind of cool stupid poo poo that grrm is good at and dnd poo poo all over it like it was a field near a stream

Bran could be seeing it in a vision, and as kellyc eyes open up, she points RIGHT AT BRAN! in the vision and says "I'm coming for you Blackfyre" in Valyrian. Somehow setting up that bran has always been the badguy, and that the night king was there trying to save the realm after Blackfyre escaped south in Bran's body.

I'd also accept a Kaiser Sose moment where everyone realizes that all the key decisions that were made - from Kelly burning the city, to Tyrion suggesting Bran, to Jon killing Kelly - were all done by Bran warging into people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

kcroy posted:

I'd also accept a Kaiser Sose moment where everyone realizes that all the key decisions that were made - from Kelly burning the city, to Tyrion suggesting Bran, to Jon killing Kelly - were all done by Bran warging into people.

bran warged into his past self to make him climb that tower, then warged into jaime to make him push himself off

warged into rhaegar to make him try to kidnap lyanna, then warged into lyanna to make her go along with it

warged into robert every time robert fathered another illegitimate child