Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
New free chapter is up: https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-10/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=428

Begin your "Akryung = Enryu?!!?!?!?" theories now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!

im thinking its baam's dad's corpse

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Oh wow. I really hope that the only reason fug dudes easily stole the fang under Khuns nose is so he can dunk on them with a sudden show off turnabout. For one of the most scheming and cerebral characters of the series that was pretty stupid.
Please remind me does he still have that living weapon kid supercharging his lighthouse?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
For how smug they were last chapter they sure ran away scared in a hurry

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Jose posted:

For how smug they were last chapter they sure ran away scared in a hurry

The entire point is to run like hell because they are not just stealing the fang from Khun's group. There is the entire defense faction that wants Deng-Deng to get the fang thing done and they have rankers.

Sadly they have run into Angry Loser + Angry at Dad + Intern in way over their head group. So the pots gonna spill everywhere.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

TBH if I were trying to steal from Yama if gtfo as soon as I could too

he seems like the kind of guy to get mad

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Shugojin posted:

TBH if I were trying to steal from Yama if gtfo as soon as I could too

he seems like the kind of guy to get mad

tru… they might be trying to steal the whole thing from Yama, it might have some bullshit powers or they can turn it into a weapon or something.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

AtomikKrab posted:

tru… they might be trying to steal the whole thing from Yama, it might have some bullshit powers or they can turn it into a weapon or something.

Two thorns and a fang?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I wonder when we're going to come back to the thorns

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Well the third Thorn should be accounted for at some point with the Ladle deal. But I assume that's taking a back seat for the current rescue arc.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-11/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=429

In this episode, Hansung explains exactly what he meant when he called Baam unstoppable earlier.

Also FUG Politics!

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Is the hit still out on Baam and friends? Can rankers ignore the rule where they can't mess with regulars as long as it's Baam and friends? but this is FUG and I guess they don't really care about the rules. This is just assuming Paul is here to kill people, but he attacked 2 regulars already so, idk.

Kludge
Mar 25, 2016
I think because both regulars and rankers are participating in the canine tooth festival that this is one of the few times where rankers are allowed to attack regulars.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Tipme posted:

Is the hit still out on Baam and friends? Can rankers ignore the rule where they can't mess with regulars as long as it's Baam and friends? but this is FUG and I guess they don't really care about the rules. This is just assuming Paul is here to kill people, but he attacked 2 regulars already so, idk.

Rankers are only barred with messing with regulars under the premise of the Administrator getting mad at them for preventing someone's climb. So it usually means just during the actual testing. If the administrator doesn't care/isn't looking/whatever then they can mess with them. Or heck, maybe if the admin is cautious about it, like with Urek vs Baam and crew in season 2.

This festival doesn't seem to be a climbing test, and so presumably has Administrator approval or apathy about it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Rankers are only barred with messing with regulars under the premise of the Administrator getting mad at them for preventing someone's climb. So it usually means just during the actual testing. If the administrator doesn't care/isn't looking/whatever then they can mess with them. Or heck, maybe if the admin is cautious about it, like with Urek vs Baam and crew in season 2.

This festival doesn't seem to be a climbing test, and so presumably has Administrator approval or apathy about it.

Well in the Urek thing... Urek was the test. Like we have already seen that rankers can screw with regulars as part of the test set by the admin or floor leader or their rep.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

Well in the Urek thing... Urek was the test. Like we have already seen that rankers can screw with regulars as part of the test set by the admin or floor leader or their rep.

Urek was technically not the test (the test was harvest a flower), but I don't think the admin cared that he was involved and that the rankers were setting up Baam and his crew.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I bet Quant could still kick Baam's rear end.

Didn't Quant and Leroro (or whatever that guy's name was) join Wolhaiksong or something?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
They went looking for Wolhaiksong, yes, and that's the last we heard of them.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Gologle posted:

They went looking for Wolhaiksong, yes, and that's the last we heard of them.

They met up with them and helped out during the Workshop game.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This week, Baam makes a new friend. :buddy:

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-12/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=430

Operation: Friendship is go go go

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Im looking forward to the guy in ice finally being killed

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-13/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=431

Surprise return from a beloved character in the last frame?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
What the gently caress SIU? We just fixed Khun and here you are breaking him all over again.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Gotta show off those Icy Hot powers.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Brought To You By posted:

What the gently caress SIU? We just fixed Khun and here you are breaking him all over again.

Khun's got a self-rez superpower upgrade to let him keep up with Bam, I bet.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He's presumably a unique being in the tower now

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

It isn't like the Yeon family having phoenix bullshit hasn't been brought up in the story already. Now Khun has both ice life saving powers and healing flame bullcrap.

However

Still not as good or cool as our savior RAK

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-14/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=432

Plot's moving along pretty dang quickly. A lot of reveals in this chapter.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jordan owns and I hope he survives the arc

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

so just gonna wildly speculate that Deng Deng is the child/clone of the sleeping brother

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Is this chapter proof that baam is powerful enough to fight weaker rankers now as well?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Jose posted:

Is this chapter proof that baam is powerful enough to fight weaker rankers now as well?

Baam has been powerful enough to face weaker rankers for a while

Now he's strong enough to fight STRONG rankers and trollstomp them.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One of the things ToG shares with HxH that I think elevates both series above your "average" battle shounen comic is that both series aren't afraid to completely change the setting and add a large new cast of characters with each new arc. Most series coast on sticking to their small core cast and give very little focus to new characters introduced in arcs, but in ToG you have side characters who just stick around for 100+ chapters (or the significant depth given to side characters in HxH).

At the end of the day HxH is still better than ToG mostly because it also sticks the landing with its combat, but both benefit from a far more interesting type of storytelling than most other similar comics.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah like I don't think part 1 baam was ever capable of fighting rankers even if he could hurt them and even this time he was fortunate he had a ranker with him. But basically every ranker is still going to treat him like a regular now despite the fact he has the proper power of a ranker

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I feel like saying now I'm a huge nerd paying for fast pass chapters but anything I post itt will be labeled as such but I'm largely going to avoid doing so. Speculation might fall within these spoilers but it's only 3 chapters

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-15/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=433

New chapter up.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I'm not really feeling the giant inflatable furry arm flailing dog men aestethic.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

It'll probably be a lot cooler when the Yama bros all fully turn into some mega beast instead of stapling megabeast parts onto a regular dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Three brothers all combining like some sort of terrifying biotech megazord sounds pretty rad, not gonna lie