Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I hope Twice goes full Lobo and somehow the clones also can make more clones and they all end up fighting each other in a huge brawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Angry Lobster posted:

I hope Twice goes full Lobo and somehow the clones also can make more clones and they all end up fighting each other in a huge brawl.
That is literally his backstory.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

PMush Perfect posted:

That is literally his backstory.

Right, I just want to watch it unfold on screen this time.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Roland Jones posted:

He clones himself, the clone clones itself, etc. I think you can even see at least one clone clearly making another on that last page.

Oh snap, you just pointed out something to me that I somehow missed myself. I'd thought that Twice may have just 'upgraded' his quirk to the point of making multiple copies of himself at once, but if you look at the positioning of the various clones on the last page and their hand positions, they aren't just jojo posing for the moment, each of them are creating another one of the clones in a near-instantaneous chain explosion.

That's even cooler, I think, that it's not that he can just spawn a bunch of clones now, he's just so confident and focused that the moment he creates a clone, they near-instantaneously create another one, etc etc etc, so it appears to be simultaneous to the naked eye.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Angry Lobster posted:

Right, I just want to watch it unfold on screen this time.

you see it on screen in his backstory

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can literally see an arm being cut off in the flashback with blood, can't you?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

HOLY poo poo ALL MIGHT!

Haha, eat poo poo, mysterious shadowy villain.

Also young Tsukauchi and Makoto are adorable. :3: I love that despite complaining about her using her Quirk to read others' minds, he never really pushes her away physically so he's really just all talk.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's neat that all three members of the League of Villains we've seen improve in this arc did it in different ways. Toga is the only one to actually power up her quirk, Shigaraki changed how he saw reality ("I'm touching a single person" to "all these people are one mass of dead") and Twice surpassed his fear and recovered the power we already knew he had.

If all of them are getting something out of it, I hope this continues, it's more interesting than "I've unlocked this brand new power" over and over again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

GodFish posted:

None on that either, he can make one clone of himself and one of his target. That clone does the same.

No he stated he was limited to two clones at a time. The second is just weaker.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

MonsterEnvy posted:

No he stated he was limited to two clones at a time. The second is just weaker.

Yes, but each of his clones of himself has the exact same quirk he does, with the ability to create two clones, the second of which is weaker. So long as each clone makes another Twice clone along the actual clone target, Twice can create infinite copies of anyone.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Maybe not mathematically infinite, even if just due to logistics, but certainly "an arbitrarily large number of clones."

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rhonne posted:

My theory is that Deku is never going to be able to safely use his full strength without destroying his body, so he'll have to use the other quirks to compensate.

I wish the movie had used another excuse for Deku to be able to use 100% of his power. Now every time he breaks or complains about it I'm just "GET MELISSA TO MASS PRODUCE THOSE drat BRACES!"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

lunar detritus posted:

I wish the movie had used another excuse for Deku to be able to use 100% of his power. Now every time he breaks or complains about it I'm just "GET MELISSA TO MASS PRODUCE THOSE drat BRACES!"

All he needs is for Hatsume to make him an ultra durable backpack to carry Eri around in and he's good.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Rhonne posted:

All he needs is for Hatsume to make him an ultra durable backpack to carry Eri around in and he's good.

Kimetsu no Hero sounds good to me

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yes, but each of his clones of himself has the exact same quirk he does, with the ability to create two clones, the second of which is weaker. So long as each clone makes another Twice clone along the actual clone target, Twice can create infinite copies of anyone.

ahh yes now I get that.

that duck
Mar 23, 2013

If Twice created a clone of Gigantomachia, it would still be insanely durable.

Now I want to see the league figuring out how to take Giga's measurements.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

that duck posted:

If Twice created a clone of Gigantomachia, it would still be insanely durable.

Now I want to see the league figuring out how to take Giga's measurements.

I am assuming inability to get proper measurements is why they have not made a Kurogiri copy.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Remind me, is this the first time they've straight-up said Twice was a major supervillain before his breakdown?

I always assumed he was a petty crook but it sounds like he was a known quantity before the whole clone massacre

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Remind me, is this the first time they've straight-up said Twice was a major supervillain before his breakdown?

I always assumed he was a petty crook but it sounds like he was a known quantity before the whole clone massacre

From what's depicted I'm pretty sure he never rose much above doing petty crime. But while one dude doing some thievery won't get you on most-wanted list, dozens of copies of the same dude committing crimes all over the place at the same time will get attention.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
gently caress, vigilantes is so good. how is captain celebrity such a great character?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Rereading the Twice chapter and it’s still so good.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Just as significant as Twice's power boost (or recovery) seems to be his mental recovery, in that he appears to be acting with one voice and will again. Resolving his self-identity issue is a pretty major change for him as a character, and I wonder what it means for him going forward.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dolash posted:

Just as significant as Twice's power boost (or recovery) seems to be his mental recovery, in that he appears to be acting with one voice and will again. Resolving his self-identity issue is a pretty major change for him as a character, and I wonder what it means for him going forward.

he gon die

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
forget the puppets, chikazoku's going to need a gun to keep himself from harm now that twice has something to say "no" to

his flunkies might look tough but all they are is dust and soon twice and toga will be the last living souls in that zone, and then chikazoku's surveillance cuts out and he's got no camera to see

let's see him broadcast so raw and neatly when he's all alone in his factory far away

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Rereading the Twice chapter and it’s still so good.

Official release: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-229/chapter/18229?action=read

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1132759787244888064

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'd assumed that was some fan-translation cheekiness, wow.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That would be cool if Killing Joke didn't suck

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
A neat line from a lovely story.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Eej posted:

That would be cool if Killing Joke didn't suck

Viridiant posted:

A neat line from a lovely story.
:emptyquote:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why you diss on Alan fuckin Moore? C'mon son. :colbert:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Alan Moore would agree.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

killing joke is ok

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
alan moore explores some very interesting themes, but for some reason always feels like it would be totally cool to do so through the prism of gross sexual violence

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

As far as I'm aware Alan Moore basically regrets Killing Joke because all the comics that are in it's style miss something that makes Killing Joke work better. Honestly as far as ideas go Joker being all about the one bad day that breaks someone is fine, and I wish people would do that instead of turning Joker into whatever loving crazy rear end in a top hat they need for the story to work.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
He's just a dog chasing cars

?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The Killing Joke is fine it's just that everything it inspired isn't

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Batgirl getting shot really does not need to be in Killing Joke.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Funky Valentine posted:

Batgirl getting shot really does not need to be in Killing Joke.

It was also never supposed to be canon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fabricated posted:

The Killing Joke is fine it's just that everything it inspired isn't
This is the opposite of true. The only good thing to come out of Killing Joke (aside from some quotable lines and a few good concepts) is Oracle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

PMush Perfect posted:

This is the opposite of true. The only good thing to come out of Killing Joke (aside from some quotable lines and a few good concepts) is Oracle.

Oracle (and Babs in general) is always the worst character in whatever team she ends up on though. She was always the least fun or interesting bat family member that wasn't beaten to death with a crowbar.