Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Yesterday I ate something pickled and I was like hoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

drrockso20 posted:

Personally I find that kind of thing obnoxious

Huh?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

I'm not a fan of media creators trying to be "witty and clever" in a meta fashion, it almost always comes off as them thinking they're better than their audience

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What a weird take but okay

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Brawnfire posted:

It's kind of an amusing touch that one episode, Francine is happily eating fondue with Barry's parents, and the very next she says she's always hated fondue. I can't help but think things like that are on purpose.

A wizard made her hate fondue (the wizard is one of Roger's personas)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

What a weird take but okay

You may joke only within the confines of an episode, or if you must reference the events of another episode you must maintain consistency! Any "jokes" of the "meta" variety (the show contradicting other episodes) is EXTREMELY unwelcome, very cocky, just overall poor form, unseemly.

If these show creators knew how humor worked, they would know that what the characters do and what the viewer understands to be true must match 100%; no-one finds the unexpected humorous, much less a sudden reversal or dismissal of something previously held to be true.

:engleft:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Brawnfire posted:

You may joke only within the confines of an episode, or if you must reference the events of another episode you must maintain consistency! Any "jokes" of the "meta" variety (the show contradicting other episodes) is EXTREMELY unwelcome, very cocky, just overall poor form, unseemly.

If these show creators knew how humor worked, they would know that what the characters do and what the viewer understands to be true must match 100%; no-one finds the unexpected humorous, much less a sudden reversal or dismissal of something previously held to be true.

Don't put words in my mouth

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'm not a fan of media creators trying to be "witty and clever" in a meta fashion, it almost always comes off as them thinking they're better than their audience

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That was...chilling.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Andy Richter?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Danuta...

Do you eat...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Francine getting high on lemon pledge and seeing everyone as Steve Buscemi was amazing.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

They are really good at making extreme violence look slap stick. I was laughing my rear end off when he was flailing around.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Klaus' phone call to Denuda is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long while, god drat

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
“Klaus, that was chilling.”

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I don't know how a show in its 15th season is consistently making me laugh so hard it hurts.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hulu is still only packing S13 episodes, last one is Mean Francine. Gimme the new eps Hulu you scoundrel! These sound HILARIOUS!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I've got the money.

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012
Steve's broken scream when he first hit the water just killed me. Scott Grimes is a national treasure.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
I enjoy the use of Rogu cameos.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

TheWevel posted:

I enjoy the use of Rogu cameos.

"What is going on inside your body?!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't know Roger going down on Stan made me laugh so much, but it did.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPqwy6gv0KQ

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Do you eat?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Nichael posted:

Do you eat?

I’ve got the money.

.....Danuta.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That was the creepiest I've EVER seen Klaus act....EVAR!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'm not nervous... This phone's nervous!

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

This dovetails so well with Klaus making that burger pizza joint jingle that was filled to the brim with QAnon nonsense. For this season I wonder if the writer's just wade through Reddit as a group to come up with Klaus plots and dialogue.

Edit: Holy poo poo I forgot about that line! Hahaha

VVVVVV

Fabulousity fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 29, 2019

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Nichael posted:

I don't know how a show in its 15th season is consistently making me laugh so hard it hurts.

I think its because it's been 15 years of the writers/VA's working together (and willing to get weird) is why American Dad can pull of great movements like this. Like the writers just know how good the VA of Kaus is and could really lean into the creepiness with the script. And then Dee Bradley Baker just goes and knocks it out of the park.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Fabulousity posted:

This dovetails so well with Klaus making that burger joint jingle that was filled to the brim with QAnon nonsense. For this season I wonder if the writer's just wade through Reddit as a group to come up with Klaus plots and dialogue.

Who's your least favorite character now, Reddit!?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I like how she doesn't get worried until the second time he says her name and pauses. If someone said my name and just waited I'd at the very least start to get pissed off

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae3Y10rS2Ro

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Goddamn Klaus, that was the kind of phone call I'd expect from Roger.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TheFattestPat posted:

Goddamn Klaus, that was the kind of phone call I'd expect from Roger.

In Klaus's defense he did say he didn't think he was emotionally prepared to call her.

Hayley really should have just let him go with his brick idea, that would have been way less creepy.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Klaustastrophe.tv is now exclusively rant videos shot from the front seat of Stan or Francine's car

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MizPiz posted:

Klaustastrophe.tv is now exclusively rant videos shot from the front seat of Stan or Francine's car

I'm now imagining Klaus wearing a ball cap and wraparound sunglasses.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

I'm now imagining Klaus wearing a ball cap and wraparound sunglasses.

Come on bro! We all roll like that down in Tampa!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chris Knight posted:

Come on bro! We all roll like that down in Tampa!

So you're saying all the people who I see praising Trump are from Tampa?

Checks out.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I don't think I've laughed harder at American Dad as I did at the Danuta phone call. How is the show still this good????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

I don't think I've laughed harder at American Dad as I did at the Danuta phone call. How is the show still this good????

This whole season has been insanely good. This, the 15th season of a show that is basically a footnote in the careers of its cast.