Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

There was a great twitter exchange which is sadly deleted I think between Corny and Chuckie:

Chuck: (someone) is a disgrace to the whole state of Kentucky!
Corny: No he isn't, but I know a Kentuckian who's a disgrace to the whole of wrestling
Chuck: Is it Ricochet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

There was a great twitter exchange which is sadly deleted I think between Corny and Chuckie:

Chuck: (someone) is a disgrace to the whole state of Kentucky!
Corny: No he isn't, but I know a Kentuckian who's a disgrace to the whole of wrestling
Chuck: Is it Ricochet?

close, the exchange was

Chuck: As someone from Kentucky, I have to come out and say that Hillbilly Jim is an offensive portrayal of us and gives us all a bad name.
Corny: Yeah, well I know someone from Kentucky who is an offensive portrayal of wrestlers and gives them all a bad name!
Chuck: Ricochet?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume Jim was stunned into silence because he'd have to defend Ricochet (because, y'know, he does flips and isn't even Mexican!) or allow Chuck pretending to throw a grenade go unpunished.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

4 threads of cornette poo poo gotta love it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yea ok posted:

its the best. I feel like you’re all doing my holy work for me.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

CombineThresher posted:

Cornette has gone to bat for Plowboy Frazier, a terrible wrestler who did comedy bullshit and was also racist in real life, more than once.

game recognise game

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
i cant believe a complete bigot likes another bigot. really weird.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

yea ok posted:

every day actually consists of four cornette days

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hace posted:

i cant believe a complete bigot likes another bigot. really weird.

if thoughten about, that's actually the most tolerant thing Of all.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Captain Magic posted:

Who the gently caress would hate Chuckie T?

Children

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ants, also.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

every day actually consists of four cornette days

According to my theory I will lay out below, time is made up of a Cornette Cube. Further,

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Helicity posted:

If this forum is worried about Renee and thinking about contingencies, I'm certain her and her husband have been planning things out for months. I wouldn't be shocked if she had a parachute in place at AEW, and that possibility probably protects her at WWE more than anything.

She really wants to have a baby very badly apparently. I haven't listened to her podcast that she co-hosts in over a year but she talks about it all the time on it and she is 33 years old.

If that and Dean leaving even wasn't even a factor Vince and Kevin Dunn continuing to employ a female broadcaster post her mid-30s is a massive wait and see situation.

CVagts posted:

The Observer is a must-read this week, particularly for Big Dave's teardown of the Saudi Arabia show.

It was.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Maybe she wants a baby because it means they’ll pay her to not be at work.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1133536187837083648

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The one where Flair wrestles Russo in a Hell In A Cell type cage gets reviewed this Tuesday.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1134677150211235843

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
They’re trying to shove this Jon Baxley down our throats! :argh:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2019/0...-option-91-min/

https://twitter.com/AndrewTRich/status/1134690108228153344

rovert fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 1, 2019

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he lied it starts at 15:30

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Ambrose says the reason he quit was because Roman's cancer was a work

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1135033075929296896

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1135035508399038465?s=19

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 2, 2019

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okay Dave is on his twitter game tonight https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1135050455233355777

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOe_Y-tpb1Q&t=4m16s

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jun 2, 2019

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I dont agree with 90% of what Meltzer or Garrett said about Takeover

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
As good as the Moxley interview with Jericho was. The two-parter with Keller is even better, gets a lot more into his frustrations. It's nothing incendiary particularly, but if other people's stories are the same as his then gently caress me that's a thoroughly depressing place to work.

- He namechecks Hayes and Noble as two producers who know what they're doing.
- There are writers who have amazing ideas and then don't pitch them to Vince because they know it'll get shot down or ruined.
- Pitched an ending where Brock would throw him in thumbtacks and as Brock was choking him out he'd flip him off. Text the idea to Vince who replied "maybe :)"
- He explained a lot more about the Austin podcast. Said that he mentally shut down when Austin said something that pissed him off and that Austin doesn't understand that it's different these days than it was when he's around. Also said that he told the producer of the show that he did not want to discuss his childhood and Austin brought it up anyway, but he feels that that was down to the producer not doing his job. Said he still loves Austin and wants to do his podcast again.
- Quite a bit of it was spent on his run with Brock and how basically Brock didn't give a poo poo. Says he tried to work out ideas with Brock a number of times, but Brock just told him "don't worry about it".

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable
Regarding the discussion in various threads on the amount of ads & plugs in the free PWTorch content, I wanted to share my experience with PWTorch. When I first started getting into wrestling I was kind of all over the place, but really had no good base of knowledge so I started listening to the Torch because they had free content and I eventually got the VIP subscription. I really enjoyed Bruce Mitchell and reading the archives/listening to old shows - the Torch provides more analysis and deep dives on history than breaking news/comedy like F4WON provides which was good for me as a new fan.

I think I probably subscribed maybe around 2009 or so, but after a few years things started to get really bad, like a daily Keller hotline would be 20 minutes long and have 5 or 6 minutes of plugs for the same content at the beginning and end with maybe like 8 minutes of actual content that may be rehashed two or three times on the livecast or Bruce Mitchell Audio Show that week. Keller also got really bad into the lame podcasting gimmick where you basically have a rotating selection of like nine or ten things and say them in whatever scenario you can to produce quantity of content rather than quality. Toward the end of my time subscribing was when NJPW/ROH was starting to really take off and that turned into my other major issue with the Torch, it was SO focused on WWE that it was almost impossible to learn about other promotions if that was your main source. Eventually Bruce Mitchell did an audio show with Meltzer that I heard and I started dabbling in F4WON before eventually CROSSING THE LINE. By that point I was already pretty close to dropping my VIP subscription due to the horrible plug/show ratio, but really the F4WON product is just better in almost every aspect with few exceptions and you actually get fresh, clean, and well cut content.

In the years since I stopped subscribing it seems that he has gone the way of hiring, and hopefully paying, a wide cast of people to do shows leading the Torch to be inundated with a ton of what appears to be very subpar content that Wade can give the same plugs to on six shows a day. I also came back for a bit when Todd Martin came in and found his work with Wade to be rather refreshing, and much better than his work with Alvarez toward the end, but it seemed the plugs were getting worse and the odds of him changing were very low. Basically, once you have exhausted the archives, the Torch doesn't have enough quality content to be worth subscribing to and what is worth listening to has major issues with plugs and repetition of content and the free stuff is basically impossible to enjoy as it has all the flaws of the VIP content with endless ads. It sucks that Wade has decided to run his site the way he has because between himself, Todd Martin, Bruce Mitchell, and a few of the people he's had for a long time he could really put out an incredible product, but instead has leaned into all of his worst tendencies.

Tldr: You're all correct in criticisms about Keller's product, but it makes me sad because the Torch really helped me form my knowledge/opinions on the business and they have some of the best people, but their shows are unlistenable.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The lack of interest in covering anything but WWE is the most immediately obvious thing if you go to the Torch site. Even the rare occasions where I heard Keller on the Austin show talking about New Japan, it was painfully clear he basically knew about as much as a random internet fan: knew some names, had seen highlights and maybe watched the Okada/Omega matches, but basically had some of the same stock criticisms people give about NJPW's product that makes it clear he doesn't pay attention to it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Keller thought Nakamura always has WrestleKingdom level matches when he first joined NXT. It took forever for Wade to realise he largely phones it in and then even longer to admit he was wrong in his initial assessment of Nakamura.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Keller thought Nakamura always has WrestleKingdom level matches when he first joined NXT. It took forever for Wade to realise he largely phones it in and then even longer to admit he was wrong in his initial assessment of Nakamura.

Which would be fine, but it seems like no-one else who contributes to the Torch pays attention either beyond that 'is aware of names, and maybe watches WK' style. I just checked and I'm amazed they seem to be looking at Stardom right now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/VivaLaRooney/status/1135218495397011457

You fuckers told me Alvarez didn't take any bumps!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i dont know if i feel worse for his elbows or his knees

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

VJeff posted:

Watching this you know why he does it so rarely.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Didn't Bryan used to do a moonsault as his finish? Because of his gymnastics background?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bryan does a moonsault like Kane takes a pedigree.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Marko Stunt's dad took a better bump getting superkicked through a door in that match, no lie

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/1135321857639505920

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was gonna say that I highly recommend the end of the WOR interview with John Arezzi since they play an archived interview with Dave from the late 80s about No Holds Barred and Ted Turner buying WCW..... but forget that, THIS seems like far more of a must-listen:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

VJeff posted:

He sold for the board!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

He sold for the board!

what else is new