Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Honestly that's all I'm doing now. My house is nice and could use some projects eventually but I'm not in any rush.

Just buy some smoke, chill with dogs and wife, make food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Ayoba-Yo beef jerky has the texture of a paper towel.

Thanks that’s all I came to post.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

@vas

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pregnant-mcdonalds-worker-assaulted-by-customer-because-mc-chicken-order-was-made-wrong-132831030.html

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
WHOOP WHOOP
BLACK MIRROR SEASON 5 NOW ON NETFLIX
WHOOP WHOOP

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mcdonalds-guard-fatally-shoots-naked-man-stabbed-88-year-old-customer-152320993.html

Related article:

quote:

A 29-year-old man was fatally shot by a McDonald’s security guard Sunday afternoon after causing chaos at two neighboring fast food restaurants.

According to a statement from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department obtained by Yahoo Lifestyle, the suspect crashed his car into a Carl’s Jr. restaurant in Palmdale, Calif. By the time officers arrived on the scene, the man had fled the vehicle and run across the street to a nearby McDonald’s, taking off all his clothes in the process.

Armed with a knife, the unidentified man ran into the McDonald’s, where he stabbed an elderly customer, described by local affiliate KCAL 9 as an 88-year-old man dining with his grandson. Authorities say the man is in stable condition.

The assailant then exited the restaurant, attacking a guard employed by McDonald’s on his way out. The guard responded by shooting him in the upper torso. The suspect, described as a Hispanic male, was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

“I see a man standing right here,” witness Irvin Diaz told KCAL 9. “And all I heard was ‘pop, pop.’ And I came over and saw this man on the ground. He was naked, holding his stomach.”

Homicide detectives have launched an investigation into what might have prompted the attack.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lol someone got into the PCP stash. Glad the old dude is ok.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

McDonald’s has armed security?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

colachute posted:

To protect against people who are hosed up on PCP I guess?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

colachute posted:

I've heard they do in areas with high crime. Pretty sure the franchisee has to make that decision though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

colachute posted:

There is McDonalds in the Bay Area, East Palo Alto CA, shared a parking lot with the police department and had an armed guard posting with a shotgun 24/7.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ya doesn’t seem outlandish for a super busy big city 24/7 location or whatever

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

WHOOP WHOOP
BLACK MIRROR SEASON 5 NOW ON NETFLIX
WHOOP WHOOP

Time to take some acid

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ya doesn’t seem outlandish for a super busy big city 24/7 location or whatever

I don't see it as being strange to have an armed guard in some places, OTOH I live in a large city and have been to dozens of other large cities and never seen a fast food restaurant with an armed guard.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive never seen armed guards in mcds, even in nyc

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Consider that your point of view is shaped by white privilege.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

In the past, East Palo Alto experienced profound crime and poverty, especially during the 1980s and early 1990s. In 1992, it had the highest homicide rate in the country with 24,322 people, and 42 murders, equaling a rate of 172.7 homicides per 100,000 residents.[9] In 2017, it had only one murder.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Palo_Alto,_California

I lived in the cities next to it from 1980 to 2016 and during 80s to early 2000s you did not drive through town. The police department at one point folded and the county and state troopers took over.

I give McDonalds some props for staying open at the location. poo poo was rough during the crack wars.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Palmdale sucks and all, but I don't remember any armed guards with shotguns at local businesses

prolly been like 6 years since I've been, though

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I worked as an armed guard in Oakland at a dollar tree at international and 24th on call for a buddies security company from time to time over 5 years but that wouldn’t surprise anyone who knows the area.

Only got assault at knife point once in my 20 or so shifts doing that.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
One of the places I worked on the side was a gospel church. I was the only white person in the building!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gospel church during basic at flw was in the movie theater on base and had candy vending machines that no one gave a poo poo if privates used

also good music

so theyre cool

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The engagements rings are here!

But i gotta send them back cuz they are too big.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

ElMaligno posted:

The engagements rings are here!

But i gotta send them back cuz they are too big.

Yo what did you do for rings? I think I need to poo poo or get off the pot myself.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

MA-Horus posted:

I think I need to poo poo or get off the pot myself.

this is exactly how you should propose

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

MA-Horus posted:

Yo what did you do for rings? I think I need to poo poo or get off the pot myself.

For me
For her

colachute posted:

this is exactly how you should propose

Remember this poo poo?

ElMaligno posted:

this text i sent to my GF is almost a year old and i am still proud of it

Imma just ask her if she wants to form the blob with me.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My girl was attempting for the 70th time to teach me how to write basic phrases in Arabic in my work notebook and the next page I had my proposal written down (after spending days researching it and having someone else confirm the translation) so I had to endure being made fun of for a whole half hour before she turned the page and read it.

Ah well, better times.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
Oh what the poo poo WaPo - no longer allow incognito mode?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I proposed on Christmas Day. I had gotten a bunch of warm winter clothes like Uniqlo fleece pants and some REI hoodies for her, and she had wrapped just kind of casually draped them over her shoulders. I said, “Oh wait, I’ve got one more thing for you,” then went and got the ring.

I had my GoPro running to record it, and it wasn’t until days later that we watched the footage and both realized that it looked like I was asking a schizophrenic homeless woman who wears all her clothes at once to marry me. I didn’t notice because I had tunnel vision on the task at hand; she had just thought I was going to get her another sweater or something.

Edit:

TCD posted:

It still works on my iPhone still.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Alright - let me go grab that. For a second there I sounded like I did in London yelling about them loving cunts. Wife still hates my new vocabulary.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

TCD posted:

All the lovely local papers I read did the same thing. I'm not paying more money for a single podunk daily than I pay for the WaPo.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I proposed on Christmas Day. I had gotten a bunch of warm winter clothes like Uniqlo fleece pants and some REI hoodies for her, and she had wrapped just kind of casually draped them over her shoulders. I said, “Oh wait, I’ve got one more thing for you,” then went and got the ring.

I had my GoPro running to record it, and it wasn’t until days later that we watched the footage and both realized that it looked like I was asking a schizophrenic homeless woman who wears all her clothes at once to marry me. I didn’t notice because I had tunnel vision on the task at hand; she had just thought I was going to get her another sweater or something.

Edit:

How did Lando react

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

hell yeah brother

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:yeah:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Doesn’t seem to be as hot this summer as it was last summer. But the humidity is still pretty gross.

72 degrees with 86% humidity right now. Feels like a swamp outside.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's going to be agony today, it's going to be almost 90. And I have to walk around in DC for a meeting at 3, which is going to be insanely awful.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It hasn't rained in north florida in forever. It's still hot and humid, though. Was over 100 yesterday.

The good news about working in a terminal law firm is I can wear whatever the gently caress I want to work.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

How did Lando react

He was way too engrossed in napping by a warm fire after getting super excited opening his own presents.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

He was way too engrossed in napping by a warm fire after getting super excited opening his own presents.

I don’t know if you do Christmas cards but...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

The good news about working in a terminal law firm is I can wear whatever the gently caress I want to work.

Terminal law? Are you Paul Giamatti?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qecPTYFGlso

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

colachute posted:

Doesn’t seem to be as hot this summer as it was last summer. But the humidity is still pretty gross.

72 degrees with 86% humidity right now. Feels like a swamp outside.

We didn’t have working AC till like late July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I can't take him seriously as a suburban dad after having watched Ironclad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNgW6jH44Ac