Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

By far the best finishes report ever :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dango Bango posted:

By far the best finishes report ever :lol:

Just got to it, loving amazing. :allears:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Observer is delayed again, hardly surprising because it’s been a crazy couple of weeks and Dave was late getting started after last week’s delay

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan not getting Lance's argument that guys jumping ship from WWE to WCW and vice-versa freshened things up and made room for other talent was baffling.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
There was a pretty fun caller on WOL the other day:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/bxekxk/bryan_alvarez_versus_a_norwegian_fan/

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

LOL

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1136709576693207041

Cena confirmed super cool.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pro click right here.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I decided to start a podcast with my buddy and we reviewed Double or Nothing for our first episode. I'm waiting for my website to get built so I'm just temporarily hosting it on Libsyn till everything is set up. Check out the intro!!

http://rudospodcast.libsyn.com/episode-1-double-or-nothing-review

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the knock knock jokes aren’t much good but once you get past it the granny segment is :discourse:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i had it baxley

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

The whole ambrose thing my god

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

whenever today's WOL goes up its worth a listen for a call from someone trying to say vince would get a noble peace prize if he got a womens match on his saudi show.

Also the guy from norway calls in again!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Looking forward to WOR more than usual.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Croc posted:

whenever today's WOL goes up its worth a listen for a call from someone trying to say vince would get a noble peace prize if he got a womens match on his saudi show.

Also the guy from norway calls in again!

The Norwegian guy's pause after Bryan told him to put in a good word for whalescout.... :laugh:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1137136021269766144

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1137122120952045568

Lid fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 8, 2019

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Looking forward to WOR more than usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh3jwTtxipE

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Dave is utterly done with Roman Reigns on WON hes the guy on top but hes nothing, hes fijally figured it out that he will never be the living legend he will just be the guy on top. Even when Bret was on top as to their eyes a transitional champion they wouldnt job him to a loser.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Lid posted:

Dave is utterly done with Roman Reigns on WON hes the guy on top but hes nothing, hes fijally figured it out that he will never be the living legend he will just be the guy on top. Even when Bret was on top as to their eyes a transitional champion they wouldnt job him to a loser.

Ironically I think Joe Anoa’i, leader of Bullet Club would be the career renaissance he actually needs. I think he’s actually top guy material they just cannot use him in their current form.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

I absolutely cannot fathom how the gently caress they let Shane beat him. Or rather, if this was in a vacuum or was the start of a program or something it might be somewhat palatable, but even then it would be loving stupid as poo poo to have Shane go toe-to-toe with Roman the whole way through which is what they did. But it's not even a one-off or start of a program! It's the latest in a seemingly endless series of the Boss' zero-cardio son and his lovely punches that look terrible AND hurt people getting one up on his opponents or somehow supposedly supposed to be seen on the same level as top stars. It's loving insane.

It was dumb when they did it 20 years ago, it's beyond the point of stupidity in the present day.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jerusalem posted:

I absolutely cannot fathom how the gently caress they let Shane beat him.

yes why did shane let shane beat roman.

its 200% a big mystery

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

HidaO-Win posted:

Ironically I think Joe Anoa’i, leader of Bullet Club would be the career renaissance he actually needs. I think he’s actually top guy material they just cannot use him in their current form.

I don't think Roman can be anything but a baby face, whenever you see his real personality he is a really corny guy, but he could totally be a star. Like, a real one and not what WWE is trying to do.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Finn is a cornball nerd but some of us still remember the Real Rock n Rolla

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I absolutely cannot fathom how the gently caress they let Shane beat him.

Shane is best in the world though.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I absolutely cannot fathom how the gently caress they let Shane beat him. Or rather, if this was in a vacuum or was the start of a program or something it might be somewhat palatable, but even then it would be loving stupid as poo poo to have Shane go toe-to-toe with Roman the whole way through which is what they did. But it's not even a one-off or start of a program! It's the latest in a seemingly endless series of the Boss' zero-cardio son and his lovely punches that look terrible AND hurt people getting one up on his opponents or somehow supposedly supposed to be seen on the same level as top stars. It's loving insane.

It was dumb when they did it 20 years ago, it's beyond the point of stupidity in the present day.

I assume MBS is a huge Mean Street Posse mark and that's why Shane gets big wins on the Saudi shows

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lapsed Fan are going to cover the steroid trials :getin:

https://twitter.com/TheLapsedFan/status/1137116085126348800

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

just what we need, 20 hours of nothing but Vince impersonations

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I wish I could enjoy lapsed fan. It seems like there is something really good there once you get past how horribly repellant the hosts are.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

I wish I could enjoy lapsed fan. It seems like there is something really good there once you get past how horribly repellant the hosts are.

JP definitely puts his journalism degree and apparently complete set of Wrestling Observer issues to work on big things like this, that stuff always turns out well, the question is whether or not you’ll end up with a four hour podcast that’s mostly info and interesting talk or if you’ll get two hours of Jack yelling like Vince or Verne or someone and JP laughing like a hyena about two inches from his mic

Unfortunately most of the time it’s the latter, but sometimes it’s the former and the show is great when that happens

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Cameo posted:

JP definitely puts his journalism degree and apparently complete set of Wrestling Observer issues to work on big things like this, that stuff always turns out well, the question is whether or not you’ll end up with a four hour podcast that’s mostly info and interesting talk or if you’ll get two hours of Jack yelling like Vince or Verne or someone and JP laughing like a hyena about two inches from his mic

Unfortunately most of the time it’s the latter, but sometimes it’s the former and the show is great when that happens

The Von Erichs eps are legit great and were fascinatingly/horrifyingly in-depth

I probably would have felt the same way about the Benoit eps if I hadn't already known 95% of the info

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

This is the first time I've actually heard audio of the infamous Stephanie 9/11 quote and it's better than I ever imagined

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

OctoberCountry posted:

This is the first time I've actually heard audio of the infamous Stephanie 9/11 quote and it's better than I ever imagined

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUWPzstJAiQ

In case anyone hasn't seen this and is interested

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I tried to listen to Lapsed fan but I found their constant, low energy Vince McMahon impressions really annoying.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

I tried to listen to Lapsed fan but I found their constant, low energy Vince McMahon impressions really annoying.

The only one of their impressions that's actually any good is Kevin Nash. Other than that, those hosts really aren't as funny as they think they are.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

The Von Erichs eps are legit great and were fascinatingly/horrifyingly in-depth

I probably would have felt the same way about the Benoit eps if I hadn't already known 95% of the info

When they take on something about 80% seriously or more, they tend to shine - jokey, but not weighed down with a bunch of bits and characters, and a nice crossover of personal recollections of the time when the subject happened and the reporting that surrounded it.

Anything less and it always is a few inches from being a horrible grease fire of a podcast

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

just what we need, 20 hours of nothing but Vince impersonations

And that’s just the first episode!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave mentioned that Vince forgot how to ride a bike - is that an established story? Because that’s really worrying :stare:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

jesus WEP posted:

Dave mentioned that Vince forgot how to ride a bike - is that an established story? Because that’s really worrying :stare:

I think it was more a metaphor for him not being able to book now.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

it's more about Vince being not able to book monsters when most of the early Vince WWF success was from booking monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

it's more about Vince being not able to book monsters when most of the early Vince WWF success was from booking monsters

In relation to the Lars clusterfuck that woud've been stupid as gently caress even without the optics of Lars beating up small brown men, I assume? Like "handicap match where the team loses by DQ for ganging up, then gets beat up by the single guy" is absolutely baffling to me. It gets no-one over and makes everyone look bad.