Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PRESIDENT LADYCOP
Feb 3, 2019
I'm not a fascist unless what the word "fascist" means to you is "someone that makes jokes that offend liberals", in which case I think you're an idiot and I don't care what you call me, although I would prefer the word "human being".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
so you're an idiot?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the only joke is that crowder bills himself as a comedian.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

PRESIDENT LADYCOP posted:

I guess I'm just a fascist, because I don't see a fundamental difference between trying to deplatform conservatives for making fun of liberals and trying to deplatform leftists for making fun of liberals.

If instead of "making fun of" you mean organizing a multi year harassment and doxing campaign against a person for being gay

And you replace deplatform with demonetize

Then you'd actually be arguing about a real thing that happened, instead of some hypothetical scenario you just made up in your head.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

I'm not a fascist unless what the word "fascist" means to you is "someone that makes jokes that offend liberals", in which case I think you're an idiot and I don't care what you call me, although I would prefer the word "human being".

Not sure you've got a solid grasp on what it is exactly this thread is about or what it is we're all reacting to, chum.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol all you get out of life is making old white liberals open their eyes a bit more at you and scowl while you cackle like an idiot

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I do think ladycop presents the worst of leftism, the types who are absolutely obsessed with liberals to insane degree where they seem to care more about owning the libs than anything else

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

defending a reactionary's homophobic "comedy" to own the libs.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

also seems like there's some "you can only care about one bad thing at a time" mixed in

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What is even going on here

Major social media players failing to uphold their own rules against hate speech and allowing fascists to run amok and sell slur-based merchandise, but that's not important because something something Venezuela?

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

BattleMaster posted:

also seems like there's some "you can only care about one bad thing at a time" mixed in

And a serving of "good things are the same as bad things"

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Data Graham posted:

someone used 10 dollars to type

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

letting litteral fascists define what is hate speech to own the fascists

tell us the one about how the sandy hook parents are all crisis actors who need to be exposed, Person Who Is Definitely Engaging In Good Faith

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
you: the difference between leftists and liberals is that liberals are more concerned with abstract ideology than material conditions and protecting vulnerable workers

also you: free speech for conservatives!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

"fascist" to me is somebody who makes jokes that aren't funny, and imo you fit the bill.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Data Graham posted:

Major social media players failing to uphold their own rules against hate speech and allowing fascists to run amok and sell slur-based merchandise, but that's not important because something something Venezuela?

in an objective sense liberals really are responsible for more violence and suffering in the world than your average youtube chud

however, this is not a reason for why you shouldn't be mad at both - there isn't a hierarchy of priorities where anti-imperialism is the only thing you should care about. especially not when this is the alt-right thread.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
edit: lol whopps

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I just had a thought that Stephen Crowders highest aspiration is to be Millennial Andrew Dice Clay and had a sensible chuckle

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

paranoid randroid posted:

I just had a thought that Stephen Crowders highest aspiration is to be Millennial Andrew Dice Clay and had a sensible chuckle

Little boy blew, I'm wearing a dress EYYYY

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Dice Man had jokes with actual punchlines though.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Greenwald is basically right as far as Silicon Valley “antifascism” is concerned but lmao if he isn’t a huge rear end in a top hat about Crowder being “oppressed” by a “powerful” columnist for... vox

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Dice Man had jokes with actual punchlines though.

Hickory dicjory dock

These homos keep sucking my cock

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Good for you.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
eyyyy Brooklyn, gay people amirite? OH! *fist pump*

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Hickory dicjory dock

These homos keep sucking my cock

This is too close to an actual punchline for Crowder's "style" because it implies the joke teller is also gay. Crowder tells "jokes" that are just "f*gs love to suck cock," which is indistinguishable from hate speech.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

eyyyy Brooklyn, gay people amirite? OH! *fist pump*

So I was wearing a DRESS! OH!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm just imagining dicrman describing Stephen Crowder pranks and shouting OH

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This is too close to an actual punchline for Crowder's "style" because it implies the joke teller is also gay. Crowder tells "jokes" that are just "f*gs love to suck cock," which is indistinguishable from hate speech.

So Crowder's more like the first 20 minutes of Eddie Murphy's "Delirious," then

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm just imagining dicrman describing Stephen Crowder pranks and shouting OH

I went to a feminist booksale.
Man those broads were ugly, OH!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
and I got PUNCHED IN THE FACE! OH!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm Bernie Sanders, OH!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I went to a feminist booksale.
Man those broads were ugly, OH!

I went down to home Depot
And I offered to do yardwork! Oh!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm Bernie Sanders, OH!

Not me, us! OH!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Little boy blew, he needed the money so he could pay rent to a parasitic landlord because his boss doesn't give him a livable wage! Oh!

Woke diceman

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Crowder kissed his friend Not Gay Jared at a feminist event

they were both impersonating trans women at the time

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hickory dickory dock
wearing a dress so that libs i can mock
OH!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Old mother Hubbard went to her cupboard to feth the dog a bone
The dog was her partner in a fursuit and he gave her a bone of his own

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
stephen crowder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

My first assertion was that if liberals have the power to silence conservatives with impunity they will also use that power to silence leftists. My second assertion was that if calling someone a fag is an inherently violent act, carrying water for the coup in VZ is far more so, yet for some reason liberals find the latter socially acceptable.
Having a lovely opinion isn't violence.