Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

somepartsareme posted:

the real reason sbr will never be animated is because it'll be impossible to handwave away how johnny moves around during action scenes
All Star Battle has horseless Johnny move on his spinning nails for a brief period so it's tricky yet possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Yinlock posted:

plus aiming toes is way harder

especially when you can't move your legs

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

he definitely utilizes it at some point or another, but yeah, it's kind of hard to get any real use out of it unless he wants to just go shoeless everywhere

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

shoeless joe

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If it hadn't been for shoeless Joe
I'da had Jesus a long time ago
Where did he come from
Where did he go
Where did he come from, shoeless Joe?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

especially when you can't move your legs

i actually didn't think of that lmao

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Gyro aiming Johnny's legs for him like a rifle

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

johnny i've bolted this 6x scope to your leg

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

tactical gams

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

right away i knew she was trouble, that dame had legs that could kill a man from 3 kilometers away

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

Gyro aiming Johnny's legs for him like a rifle

The only thing gayer than Giorno putting his fingers in Mista's pants.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/jojocaballin/status/1137027986597847041

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she should be having that conversation with herself while jotaro gazes intensely at a picture of a fish.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
People in the anime thread were discussing about upcoming potential OP fuckery. In the full version of Traitor's Requiem, there's a bit where the song tries to skip but then it played again normally after a few seconds. So my guess is Gold Experience Requiem is going to show up in the OP and does it "reset everything to zero" bit. It'll be a nice subversion to previous parts OP where the villains were the ones that hosed with the OP

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

if only the new OP was good

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is there enough time for an OP after GER's ability is revealed? Presumably they're not going to do it in the rolling stone episode.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How has JoJolion been since Joshu hosed that guy with the money over?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

How has JoJolion been since Joshu hosed that guy with the money over?

Personally not a fan of the arc that immediately follows the Milagro Man interlude, but after that it's been nonstop quality as we've entered into the next chunk of the story and are further exploring the Rokkaka trade that's been going on in Morioh. It's really good to be honest.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
There's been some cool new main characters and fights, and the promise of a cool villain maybe but I am still confused and wondering if ill be satisfied.

Very curious if just reading it all at once helps

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I feel like JoJolion will live or die based on if it sticks the landing or not.

Of course, said landing could be next month or it could be in 3 years, we can't be sure.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i feel like jojolion will only live based on its anime adaptation

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i think the cold open next week will end with narancia and mista realising they've swapped bodies, and then the OP will be exactly the same, but with the characters who have swapped bodies will have swapped position in the OP

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that'd be interesting and kinda tricky (the big reveal that doppio is inside bruno's body and diavolo is inside mista's body with trish), i'd like to see them try that

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i think it would be funny for them to animate the climactic arrow being held aloft scene with narancia

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
thinking about a let's read purple haze feedback thread

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Let's read Jorge Joestar thread.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
posting this image here in advance of when pointed questions start getting asked next week in the anime thread

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i've always kind of ascribed to the idea that someone has to know what the gently caress they're doing when they stab themselves with it so if giorno had actually gotten stabbed right there he definitely would have actually died

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I cannot wait to share in the anime threads absolute bewilderment when Silver Chariot Requiem starts doing its dumb poo poo.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Johnny Joestar posted:

i've always kind of ascribed to the idea that someone has to know what the gently caress they're doing when they stab themselves with it

polnareff discovered requiem when he was using his stand to grab something that dropped behind a cabinet

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

somepartsareme posted:

polnareff discovered requiem when he was using his stand to grab something that dropped behind a cabinet

well, he did only just like scratch himself with it, iirc. probably sensed the power from it and guessed it would be something relatively interesting.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think getting impaled in the neck would be fatal even if it powered up your stand

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Part 4 dub trip report:

KIRA SAID BONER.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Funky Valentine posted:

I cannot wait to share in the anime threads absolute bewilderment when Silver Chariot Requiem starts doing its dumb poo poo.

I'm looking forward to said dumbshit, it is a big highlight of the part 5 finale for me

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Waffleman_ posted:

Part 4 dub trip report:

KIRA SAID *****.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
The arrow just does things completely arbitrarily.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Funky Valentine posted:

People talked about how the OP seems to spoil what happens at the end, but even a frame-by-frame analysis could not prepare them for all the bullshit that's about to go down.

Stairmaster posted:

I think getting impaled in the neck would be fatal even if it powered up your stand

Kira had the arrow go through his whole arm and then his head.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I haven't even watched the last two episodes because I really just have no patience for the end of Part 5, but I'm glad some people enjoy the bullshit I guess

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Daxing Dan posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Daxing Dan posted:

I believe the Stand arrow is like a dog