Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

FormerFatty posted:

Or just apply in game to Awful Company 42069

That's the fake one where they put all the invalids. Don't let them trick you into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
IGN is Cliffdiver

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Cuttlefush posted:

That's the fake one where they put all the invalids. Don't let them trick you into that.

I'm a scrub but which one do I apply to? Couldn't find that info in the dicksword.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

cliffdiver posted:

I'm a scrub but which one do I apply to? Couldn't find that info in the dicksword.

Awful Company 42069 if youre a new bro -- also just shoot me a PM on discord if you have trouble getting in/authd on discord: GluttonySDS#0952

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

I just started playing on Saturday and I’m having a blast! Decided to see if there was a thread on my old haunt.

Why is there a dude posting here who cheats and then goes on to say the game is bad or that he’s good? That’s like a CS player using an aimbot and saying the game sucks because it’s too easy.

Brickhaus
Apr 21, 2004
jesus, that is too many skittles
Old UO freeshard nerd reporting in. IGN is Brickhaus and joined the discord.

edit: heh. followed instructions, even PM'd Glut on discord. Got denied twice to the... pubbie guild? First time in 15 years I've had issues joining a goon alliance; but it seems you guys have a bunch of pubbies filling ranks?

The discord is literally all spam too, is there no channel for actual goons to chat or is it just spanish dudes posting bad memes?

Brickhaus fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 6, 2019

Tigerbot Hesh
Mar 3, 2008
It's both, you'll probably need permissions to see the channel

FormerFatty posted:

Awful Company 42069 if youre a new bro -- also just shoot me a PM on discord if you have trouble getting in/authd on discord: GluttonySDS#0952

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Brickhaus posted:

Old UO freeshard nerd reporting in. IGN is Brickhaus and joined the discord.

edit: heh. followed instructions, even PM'd Glut on discord. Got denied twice to the... pubbie guild? First time in 15 years I've had issues joining a goon alliance; but it seems you guys have a bunch of pubbies filling ranks?

The discord is literally all spam too, is there no channel for actual goons to chat or is it just spanish dudes posting bad memes?

The issue with your app being denied has been fixed -- officers are not going to accept someone with 15,000 fame into the guild and I'm not the only person accepting people ;)

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
drat, ye olde Albion awful company is still going strong. It was pretty fun to pvp on this but I didn't get into it much, maybe I'll give it another shot one of these days.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

EllEssDee posted:

drat, ye olde Albion awful company is still going strong. It was pretty fun to pvp on this but I didn't get into it much, maybe I'll give it another shot one of these days.

It's FAAAAAAR better than it was when you played #EQMS

Whix
Oct 2, 2008

IT GOES BOOM!
Just joined, IGN HuffStappens

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
man the tears in this game are sooooo good

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

man the tears in this game are sooooo good

rofl whats a kbar? like a KA-BAR?

why would you want a pair of them? dual wield?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

who the gently caress is jerry

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Whix posted:

Just joined, IGN HuffStappens

Auth'd.

herr
Jan 19, 2009
Just started her up, IGN is HerrAllard. Played EVE, Darkfall and UO, most with goons. Not sure why I was sleeping on this one, seems fun.

I'm looking at Mage stuff and it looks pretty cool. Decent for PVP? Which staff should I be aiming for? I like glass cannon kind of builds generally, but I'll usually lean towards whatever meta PVP builds there are.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Just got my first PK and right along with it salt! We were trolling a red zone as three, pretty spread out, a guy attacked my buddy and he led him straight into me - wearing mostly 5.3 and 6.2 bloodletter spec. The instigator has the same spec as me but I chased him down and murdered him. He said, “noobs,” as I looted his corpse. Albion owns.

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
Just started, still in the training area. Posting for auth, in game name "Maceh".

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

posting to join the goonsquad realizing i needed something to do while i'm macroing in UO Outlands lmao

ign Birde

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

BrownianMotion posted:

posting to join the goonsquad realizing i needed something to do while i'm macroing in UO Outlands lmao

ign Birde

LiterallyAnything posted:

Just started, still in the training area. Posting for auth, in game name "Maceh".

Hit up IlIlIlIlIlI#6290 on discord for an invite to the guilds and an intro on how to play/kill ;)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got an e-mail just now about some sort of silly randomized dungeon content coming that completely takes away from the point of Albion. Is this game worth playing? I haven't touched it since launch, but it seems like the devs are in desperation mode if they are changing course on what was originally a sandbox PvP MMO.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

This game is a loving blast, the random dungeon things are still part of the open world and theres a meta around forming a group and chasing people down them to kill them while they are attempting to complete the dungeon.

It is very much a sandbox game though, so if you arent willing to look for your own content the game will get boring quick. The awful company alliance is the best way to find content, so you have to be willing to talk to people.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Raioner posted:

This game is a loving blast, the random dungeon things are still part of the open world and theres a meta around forming a group and chasing people down them to kill them while they are attempting to complete the dungeon.

It is very much a sandbox game though, so if you arent willing to look for your own content the game will get boring quick. The awful company alliance is the best way to find content, so you have to be willing to talk to people.

Okay I am going to play with goons and give the game a chance.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Raioner posted:

Listen to this man -- he went from clueless newb to certified killer and producer of enemy tears in about 2 weeks... praise be.

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

herr posted:

Just started her up, IGN is HerrAllard. Played EVE, Darkfall and UO, most with goons. Not sure why I was sleeping on this one, seems fun.

I'm looking at Mage stuff and it looks pretty cool. Decent for PVP? Which staff should I be aiming for? I like glass cannon kind of builds generally, but I'll usually lean towards whatever meta PVP builds there are.

Depends for which content. If you're looking for ZvZ builds, brimstone ( arti fire staff ) delivers that yummy glass cannon feel. Like in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq8qOvxo4R8 .
For 5v5 content there's multiple viable builds.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

I said come in! posted:

I got an e-mail just now about some sort of silly randomized dungeon content coming that completely takes away from the point of Albion. Is this game worth playing? I haven't touched it since launch, but it seems like the devs are in desperation mode if they are changing course on what was originally a sandbox PvP MMO.

Random dungeons have been some of the best PVP content for me, for what it's worth.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is the difference between the random dungeons that are coming and the dungeon portal in each town that exists now?

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

You can get pvped. So you get better rewards and better xp if they are anything like the group random dungeons.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Raioner posted:

You can get pvped. So you get better rewards and better xp if they are anything like the group random dungeons.

Okay that makes sense, risk = reward and all of that. Thanks! Reading more about random dungeons on the Albion website, it's exactly like the group random dungeons but you are by yourself and need to be able to get to the dungeon without getting horribly ganked.

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself
I joined you before for like 10 minutes and didn't know what was going on so I joined a newbie guild and apparently they weren't a newbie guild they were a Squad feeder guild so now I'm in Squad and miserable oh god save me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

sheepdemon posted:

I joined you before for like 10 minutes and didn't know what was going on so I joined a newbie guild and apparently they weren't a newbie guild they were a Squad feeder guild so now I'm in Squad and miserable oh god save me.

We need to both get our butts into the goon guild.

My I game name is omgitsbees

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
so whats up are there still tears to be had or WHAT?

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

Just joined under the name Radric. What should you focus on after finishing the initial few quests at the location you picked? To get up to tier 4?

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

If you guys have questions feel free to hit me up at Raioner#0702 on discord.

Getting up to tier 4 is a good way to get a feel for the general game. Eventually you will want to make your way to Caerleon and join the goon guild (awful company or awful company 42069) so that you can start running around and zvzing with everyone.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

The Mantis posted:

you can progress solely off of killing people in this game by selling the poo poo they drop, it's a good game at the moment because of the f2p popularity, and about half of the players are brazillians or russians with terrible computers so you can get away from them consistently if you have an SSD

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Joined the Discord so I can get into the guild. I hope I am not doing anything wrong but my brain is stupid.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

The Mantis posted:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

if anyone wants ez pz zooming advantage hit me up, selling it for 20k gold.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

if anyone wants ez pz zooming advantage hit me up, selling it for 20k gold.

I think you should just give it away since tons of people do it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

I think you should just give it away since tons of people do it anyway.

I went through so much heavy fuckery trying to get a radar and poo poo working, when the original zoomhack still works completely fine as long as you just use an obfuscated cheat engine.

You can still straight up just increase your movespeed to 1.2x during sprint effects to catch people consistently. I'm solo catching people on direwolves all day.