Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Don't talk about Araki like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/mikeymonkeyguy/status/1137432392585666561

https://twitter.com/mikeymonkeyguy/status/1137437178240348161

https://twitter.com/mikeymonkeyguy/status/1138148098520338433/photo/4

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Pewdiepie posted:

The 89 year old man is the big bad.

It's actually Kira after Josuke restores them both with equivalent exchange (i have no reasoning for this except it would be such a tweest)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can believe that Hato would be crazy for Damo, he was extremely hot.
I can believe that Giorno would steal 100 cars.
I wholly accept that Sheer Heart Attack has no weakness.

I will NOT accept that he is 89 years old. It is NOT TRUE.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Satoru Akefu: "I am, in fact... 90 years old"
Rai Mamezuku: "I KNEW IT. I loving KNEW IT. I KNEW IT AND I KEPT TELLING YOU JOSUKE I FUCKfsdmfhsjkdfsd"

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I mean the real mystery is whether that one guy is a man of the jacuzzi or a man of the land.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Killer Queen is effective because only stand users can see or hear the explosions, and to normals it’s basically just vaporizing things, yeah?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Torquemadras posted:

Satoru Akefu: "I am, in fact... 90 years old"
Rai Mamezuku: "I KNEW IT. I loving KNEW IT. I KNEW IT AND I KEPT TELLING YOU JOSUKE I FUCKfsdmfhsjkdfsd"

90 years old is extremely normal, lots of people have lived to 90 and some even past 100

89? get the gently caress out

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Killer Queen is effective because only stand users can see or hear the explosions, and to normals it’s basically just vaporizing things, yeah?

I'm not sure it's ever specified, the explosions are probably invisible but it's also Morioh, the town where nobody gives a gently caress at all times

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only bomb I remember being responded to was the one that killed Yoshihiro in the house near the end. I think if the bomb causes structural damage then any noise that would come from said structural damage can alert somebody, but otherwise they are silent as no one seemed to hear the five different bombs Kira threw at Josuke in the span of 8 minutes. That or Jotaro and Koichi just for some reason thought the random explosions they were hearing were not a concern until they heard some glass shatter.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

The only bomb I remember being responded to was the one that killed Yoshihiro in the house near the end. I think if the bomb causes structural damage then any noise that would come from said structural damage can alert somebody, but otherwise they are silent as no one seemed to hear the five different bombs Kira threw at Josuke in the span of 8 minutes. That or Jotaro and Koichi just for some reason thought the random explosions they were hearing were not a concern until they heard some glass shatter.

That’s life in the big city.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

it was just the rain

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Must have been my pen thrown through a window....why did he take it...?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/mikeymonkeyguy/status/1099437138578497536

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp5hh3KJ6Dg

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
hope to see narancia thrown on those loving spikes today

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rude

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
hope to see that frenchman go inside that loving turtle today

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk how comfortable I am with the thought of the handicapped Frenchman fuckin a turtle

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's gonna be interesting to see how people react to the next few eps

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
i'm hoping that some of the parts I remember being kinda dumb are better in animated form.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The anime really isn't shifting my opinion on Diavolo sucking.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

This with the addition of Giorno. 7 Page Muda aside, it's amazing how painfully boring this kid is.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Giorno's a good boy

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

I like Diavolo way more in the anime; probably due to him having great buildup with being nerfed as Doppio for multiple eps. The length of time.made his reveal as this invincible dude that was finally free to just murder everyone better.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pootybutt posted:

Giorno's a good boy

that doesn't change how boring he is

Darko posted:

I like Diavolo way more in the anime; probably due to him having great buildup with being nerfed as Doppio for multiple eps. The length of time.made his reveal as this invincible dude that was finally free to just murder everyone better.

the thing is he and doppio are entirely separate people so it's more like doppio's gone through all that buildup and diavolo is just some rear end in a top hat in a bad shirt

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Funky Valentine posted:

Has Diavolo got anything like Squadra got where they just sat down and talked to each other about poo poo and it further verified Ghiaccio as one of the best characters Araki has made?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Yinlock posted:

the thing is he and doppio are entirely separate people so it's more like doppio's gone through all that buildup and diavolo is just some rear end in a top hat in a bad shirt

That's the bigger problem. There's a handful of scenes where Doppio loses the soft idiot kid mask and he becomes this ruthless killer. Compared to him, actual Diavolo is just so disappointing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've only just got a chance to watch but I really like the new bits of the opening.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I do not remember a single character trait of Diavolo’s but also I only read the poo poo translation

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
turns out the end of part 5 is still bad both with a good translation and in animation

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i am enjoying this final arc a lot more

it's no bites the dust + crazy diamond is unbreakable but that's not a fair judgement to make on any shonen finale

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
most mangakas can't make one amazing shounen story. araki's made like three near perfect ones! and then five pretty cool ones!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Part 5 is good

Until it isn't

Some would call that uneven but not I

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's uneven.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's definitely uneven. It peaks real good but some of it is just uninteresting. It's not even especially bad, just uninteresting.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Squadra fights are definitely the highlight of Part 5, excepting the Melone fight which is certainly on the lower end. I think for all of the great heights and emotions that come out of some of these fights, it is unfortunate it ends up in a place like the Coliseum where two of the remaining fights is plodding and a mess and the final one is barely even a real final confrontation especially for an enemy Giorno has had no real contact with and Bruno just died too for that matter. There's something to be said about the start of Part 5 as it has a lot of good chapters at the start, but some of the villains they start out fighting are uninteresting and Black Sabbath is probably the most dynamic stand at the start of it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

King Crimson should definitely have had the chance to go out in a blaze of violent glory rather than what we get. It's really good to look at, the power is interesting (baffling) and it's just cool as gently caress.

A 1v1 sort of thing like DIO's World would have been the poo

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Do they even have a fight with King Crimson or is it all following Silver Chariot Requiem until GER?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

iirc Giorno and Mista make a token effort but there's no real Stand battle where they actually try and outwit Diavolo or exploit the shortcomings of King Crimson's powers, after Chariot Requiem it's pretty much just a dash for the Arrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the final encounter with king crimson has always sucked and i don't think the anime can magically fix that

it's a bunch of incomprehensible bullshit and then giorno just straight up gets a 'hey actually i win' power and that's it.

cool