Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Puukko naamassa
Mar 25, 2010

Oh No! Bruno!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm guessing notched ears mean that you're an convict? Though the captain seems to have had half of his ears (or just one ear) straight up cut off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I love how Marcille being turned into an ogre triggered Lauis's monster fetish

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Another amazing chapter. I really love the elves, although it was nice to see what the others were up to at the end as well.

Ogre Marcille looks like a Dorohedoro character !

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Man it's so cool how effortlessly the elves chumped the Mad Sorceror. Like yeah there's the excuse there's no mana at the top but that was an amazingly efficient takedown.

Really shows you that they do this poo poo on the regular just to make a living.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I did not expect that the Captain would single-handedly own the Mad Sorceror and Dragon Farin like that. :stare: . Teleportation magic is pretty broken.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Well it's their job after all. They've been selected and trained specifically to pacify dungeons, so it makes sense they'd be really good at it.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

cute senshi lol

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I love how Marcille being turned into an ogre triggered Lauis's monster fetish

He's not the only one

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Things that are awesome in this chapter:

Kabru

More changeling shenanigans, Garfield-mode Izutsumi in particular

Elf Squad being complete badasses and also a penal unit, at least in part

Fairies used as walkie-talkies

The description of Elf Jail - not terribly unpleasant, but every sentence for short-lived races is, effectively, life.

Our boy Laius showing us who he loves best on the splash page

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are the elves in general this condescending? Makes me wanna summon Slaanesh in their capital.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
It's interesting just how little dungeon meshi elves clearly understand any of the other races, even, to a lesser degree, dwarves. Can't read expressions, can barely recognize one face from another, have no idea how old any given member of the younger races are, and can barely grasp the most simplistic of drives, like raw greed, and even then, they basically assume it's as inherent as needing to eat, sleep, or breathe.

They're honestly more alien than the orcs, which is fantastic, and they're hands-down my favorite elves in fiction.

Also, as someone else noted, this pretty much explains that ear-divot thing we noticed a while back amongst the Canaries. Clearly, its the ex-(current)-criminal members that have them, explaining why the captain and what seems to be the second-in-command (who has clearly shown less signs of experience than some of the others) don't.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

Dzhay posted:

If this elf spec ops team is all conscripted convicts (other than the captain?) I wonder what leverage their government has to stop them deserting, now they're out of the country?

For any elf with curiousity about the dark arts, this is probably a sweet job to have. Also it doesn't seem elves care much about sovereignty of other countries and with their long lifespans, it's probably hard not to eventually get caught again.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I sat and read this all in one sitting

Holy poo poo it's so GOOD

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

This probably the most :3: detail in this chapter:

Especially when you remember what Izutsumi used to think:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
mushrooms are bad.

she's clearly addled.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

amigolupus posted:

This probably the most :3: detail in this chapter:

Especially when you remember what Izutsumi used to think:

Maybe changing species changed her taste palate :shrug:

Now I kinda imagine Lanius nerding about how kobolds have an entirely different sense of taste compared to humans.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Captain Invictus posted:

mushrooms are bad.

she's clearly addled.

Code four, code four, picky eater in the thread....

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
New chapter, in which we finally get the dirt on Chilchack.

:gbsmith:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Chilchak is a good man, no matter how much he wants everyone to believe otherwise.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
God the cover on this one is so good and cute.

My Queen

Chilchak seems to be missing a heart in his relationship chart going from a certain elf to her gf tho...

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 16, 2019

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Doubt

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I fixed it

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

why is this manga so good

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
A party member's DARK AND SECRET AND ALSO DARK PAST revealed.

And its Chilchak's three kids all grown up and independent, one of them even looking after their mom. Daw.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Mikl posted:

why is this manga so good

lmao, missed that on my read thru

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

Okay, it's decided, when Dungeon Meshi gets turned into an anime, Marcille should be voiced by Takahashi Rie.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The typical wizard's approach to problem solving.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

lovely wizard

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Marcille is so good

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
The dungeon meshi dating sim page also deserves a mention

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Fellis posted:

The dungeon meshi dating sim page also deserves a mention

Would play the poo poo out of that dating sim.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Phone posting so someone else can crop and post my favourite panel: everyone's thought bubbles.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Marcille's 24 volume novella

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

actual funniest panel
izutsumi thinking about herself haha

edit:
actual actual funniest panel?

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jul 16, 2019

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I love this manga so much. Chilchak my boyyyy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nah the ACTUAL funniest part was the scooby doo hijinks trying to trap the bicorn the absurdly detailed assumption breakdown of chilchak's married life by marcille all of it

all of it the whole danged chapter

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Marcille's 24 volume novella

Probably written by an elf, it's been running longer than any of the others have been alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

This manga is so good! :allears:

I love that there's lots of smaller funny details that builds off the gags in this chapter. Like smug Laius bragging how he and Farlyn used to have fiancees, or Laius dropping Izutsumi on her face when doing the Greed gag. And going by the dating sim page, Chilchack seems to be closest to Senshi. :3:

The lowkey detail I like most in this chapter is that everyone is so used to Laius' bullshit by now that Marcille and Chilchack just went along with his scheme without any reaction. :v:

Dog Kisser posted:

actual funniest panel
izutsumi thinking about herself haha

edit:
actual actual funniest panel?

Oh my god, I somehow didn't parse that his hand looks like it's been almost torn off/broken.

amigolupus fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 16, 2019