Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

The Ultimate Doge posted:

Let he who has actually red Kapital front to back cast the first stone

I finally get to throw a rock.

:buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The jfk protests were the only place I felt a shiver of collective power.

I realize they could have just gunned us down though and things would probably carry on as if we had never lived, much like the 500 people shot in Las Vegas or whoever many it was.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the best front is the front where the communists are the majority, and in charge, and use overwhelming force to destroy the capitalists

gotta make most people communists first tho, not sure how. probably memes

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

THS posted:

the best front is the front where the communists are the majority, and in charge, and use overwhelming force to destroy the capitalists

gotta make most people communists first tho, not sure how. probably memes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy-PC-yy5J8

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Which type of front is the DSA

the mafia kind

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

smarxist posted:

i have been literally screaming for everyone to go back to the airports for over a year

you should read kim moody's "On New Terrain" it discusses the logistics and transportation industry as the new kind of weakest link in the chain of capitalist production, especially now that just in time delivery has become a key component to new production models. it has some problems, specifically in terms of calling for next steps, but its a good analysis

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a dozen people barricading themselves inside an amazon warehouse for a day or two could really gently caress some poo poo up

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
yeah, logistics seems like the way to go in terms of collective organizing. airports, warehouses, hell even data centers if you can ever organize the terminally lumpen tech workers.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Which type of front is the DSA

its more of a bureau

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Postoyevsky posted:

its more of a bureau

heh

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Postoyevsky posted:

its more of a bureau

:hmmyes:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

i say swears online posted:

a dozen people barricading themselves inside an amazon warehouse for a day or two could really gently caress some poo poo up

this is true but also if they did this Amazon would probably send a National Guard unit in and kill them all.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

THS posted:

reformism is a means to revolution when the reforms prove insufficient or are thwarted. its a way of waking up the Sheeple

accelerationism by another name

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
the problem with accelerationism is we're already at terminal velocity

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Impermanent posted:

yeah, logistics seems like the way to go in terms of collective organizing. airports, warehouses, hell even data centers if you can ever organize the terminally lumpen tech workers.

teamsters + flight attendants could shut the country down

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

my experience from trying to read capital is that it is the most complicated guide on how to make a shirt from a roll of fabric you will ever find

that video about making a toaster from scratch will tell you all the same, but it won't tell you why it's hard to do all of such

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Impermanent posted:

you should have seen how much folks were freaking when the Port of Oakland was striking

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the port of galveston shutting down would necessitate using the strategic petroleum reserves lol

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Lightning Knight posted:

this is true but also if they did this Amazon would probably send a National Guard unit in and kill them all.

for real: during the gilets jaunes movement in france, when the guys blocked intersections and roundabouts, the police didn’t really care in the beginning.
when some started blocking an amazon warehouse, they were ousted and arrested within a couple of hours.
almost as if the real function of the police is to defend capital at the exclusion of everything else

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kjb *clap, clap, clapclapclap*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
god drat olive is seriously getting hosed up

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homeless Friend posted:

The meme's metaphor doesn't work because Olive Oyl almost certainly likes getting choked

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
is social ideology base or superstructure?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homeless Friend posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
choke me baddy

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

hold on, still eating all of this spinach

it's like a waterfall. how much do they put into these cans anyway

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1138495989348818944?s=19

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Lmao

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Impermanent posted:

Power plants, LNG and oil terminals, train stations, docks, phone switches.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

owns

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the responses to this are a fantastic insight into how terminally infected the minds of democrats are with unqualified imperialism. i don't understand how anyone who believes they have a nominally progressive, international orientation could see this and immediately get mad about the idea of compromising CIA assets is a bad thing

it is actually nonsense that all of these people are simultaneously able to characterize themselves as non-interventionist left-wing people while flipping the gently caress out about Trump's hilarious sidelining of national security ghouls

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1140346130351427585

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

his podcast is so sad :(

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
it's like the most incredibly low energy podcast in the world but i still listen to it because donald's sincere takes on there are weirdly soothing.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Impermanent posted:

donald's sincere takes

:stonk:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

juche did nothing wrong

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

his heart is in posting, not podcasting

not everyone is up to gumption, but he did try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

my life has been similarly derailed by the same mental health problems he has (anxiety leading to panic attacks) and i also had to move back in with my parents, so even when it's sad i find solace in it.

if by 'sad' you just meant that it's not good then i respectfully disagree