Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

weird take that dio isn't developed well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the napkin speech is just a ripoff of do you remember how many breads you have eaten :twisted:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I still love Lord DIO-sama

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Aurora posted:

the napkin speech is just a ripoff of do you remember how many breads you have eaten :twisted:

Diego is better than DIO

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Darko posted:

The Freeza fight is the most iconic part of Dragon Ball, and he's the most beloved villain then, but he's not actually interesting until Super plays on his character a bit more. There's a difference between Shonen type good fun video game style bosses and developed characters. Funny Valentine is a great, well developed villain, DIO is a fun final boss. I don't really like the latter much anymore.

what makes DIO so great is that he's loving ridiculous and loves it a whole bunch

characters don't need to be particularly deep to be good

e: Diavolo's problem is that he isn't deep OR fun

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 16, 2019

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Jojolion is a weird series but the weirdest thing about it is how horny the whole series is for Yasuho. Almost every character is trying to gently caress her. It's to the point where I wonder if she's under the effect of an enemy stand.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BaDandy posted:

It would have been so much more interesting if the Boss was "fake" and the mob was being run by this weird, dopey 15-year-old with a murder streak. I got sidetracked from my original point from thinking about how dope as hell that would be.

This pairs well with the idea of Doppio being possessed by King Crimson because it's really funny and kind of sad to imagine Doppio bumbling his way through a life of organized crime because his stand is too powerful to be controlled.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Jojolion is a weird series but the weirdest thing about it is how horny the whole series is for Yasuho. Almost every character is trying to gently caress her. It's to the point where I wonder if she's under the effect of an enemy stand.

Araki being an immortal means his body works differently, so he's actually only just reached puberty.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I can't believe Araki is 『89 years old

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Modus Pwnens posted:

I can't believe Araki is 『89 years old

what did you put in those brackets, i literally cannot read it due to it's sheer impossibility

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

JDRockefeller posted:

Alternate reality where Dio is not a loving dick and instead inspires Jonathan to become a better gentleman and to be more street savvy.

cant believe this person in the anime thread is posting part 7 spoilers, smh

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Johnny is not a gentleman and it only got him gently caress-savvy

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
"Hey Johnny, it's good to see you racing again!"
"gently caress you."
"Okay!"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
JoJo taught me that famous horse racer progidies have a lot of sex

Like Johnny was just inexplicably very popular

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Expect My Mom posted:

JoJo taught me that famous horse racer progidies have a lot of sex

Like Johnny was just inexplicably very popular

It was the style at the time

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Yinlock posted:

what did you put in those brackets, i literally cannot read it due to it's sheer impossibility

So far, I really loving love that doctor's ridiculous power of forcing lethal Yackety Sax chase scenes on pursuers, while ALSO appearing mysteriously on magic switcheroo cliffsides to leer into a married couple's bedroom

There may or may not be a creepy lickin' weirdo inside those cliffs

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Diavolo has a strong, intimidating presence and there’s a real feeling of build-up to the final face-off with him.
The problem is that compared to DIO and Kira that final face-off ends up being a let-down. There’s barely any direct fighting between Giorno and Diavolo before Golden Experience Requiem solves everything.

You can tell that Araki also realized this was a problem because while Part 6 and Part 7’s climaxes also involve one side calling checkmate in the form of stand evolution, they also have lengthy direct confrontations with the villain leading up to that.

I wouldn’t really have any issue with the Chariot Requiem shenanigans if it weren’t for the fact that this happens instead of a proper fight with Diavolo.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
What was Funny Valentine’s villainous intent

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cross posting from the anime thread because I guess these are technically spoilers

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Choosing to betray the boss was a pretty major decision they made on their own.

Also I do believe going after Polpo's money was also something they came up with themselves.

Giorno's plan to betray the boss ends up being to faithfully follow orders up until the very moment Bruno's hand is forced by an unrelated turn of events, he doesn't actually do anything himself to forment the rebellion or develop his own plan to move against him (does he even come clean that he was a traitor from the start once Bruno's crew decide to revolt?). Basically the entire coup up to and including the means of Diavolo's defeat just kind of falls on his lap.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Giorno Wins By Doing Absolutely Nothing

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Giorno gave Bruno the ladybug charm that would let him track the boss’s movements so he could ambush him, Bruno was already on board with the plan. Then he saw Trish’s arm and said “gently caress it, I’ll kill him myself right now.”

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

NickRoweFillea posted:

Being an American Politician

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

NickRoweFillea posted:

Captain Baal posted:

Not emptyquoting, I swear. :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

BaDandy posted:

Not emptyquoting, I swear. :v:

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the fact that there are so many people who believe valentine was in the right proves he's the most realistic villain in any shonen manga

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Captain Baal posted:

Lol. Absolutely

somepartsareme posted:

the fact that there are so many people who believe valentine was in the right proves he's the most realistic villain in any shonen manga

He is a great villain. Part 7 is so loving good.

Can someone crop this to be avatar sized? I would be most appreciative. I don’t know if it would be easier to make it a long avatar or to just crop the bottom out, as long as Jaren Jackson Jr. is still in it.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
New JJL is out. We still don't know if he's a man of the land or a man of the jacuzzi!!! Glad it looks like we might get to see Speed King back in action, though. Also apparently Norisuke is just fine at the Fruit Parlor? Wasn't he in a body bag the last time we saw him?

Mr. Funktastic fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 19, 2019

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Mr. Funktastic posted:

New JJL is out. We still don't know if he's a man of the land or a man of the jacuzzi!!! Also apparently Norisuke is just fine at the Fruit Parlor? Wasn't he in a body bag the last time we saw him?

I think this is all taking place before that moment

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

being a narcissistic rear end in a top hat who would gladly sacrifice the people he claims to serve in order to protect himself, or in other words

Captain Baal posted:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ojiro can't be calling the hospital director.
When was the last time you saw an 89 year old who can use a phone?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

When was the last time you saw an 89 year old?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ojiro can't be calling the hospital director.
We know who he is calling.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Am I reading it wrong or is Tsurugi getting some time skipping power? Maybe I’m an idiot but is he able to transport things to wherever they’re supposed to end like a half baked King Crimson?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

hatty posted:

Am I reading it wrong or is Tsurugi getting some time skipping power? Maybe I’m an idiot but is he able to transport things to wherever they’re supposed to end like a half baked King Crimson?

He can make them see things as other things.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It seems to me like Tsurugi’s determination to keep the branch a secret has made it automatically manipulate people into getting hurt or killed. I’m assuming that’s what ends up killing Norisuke.
Also, it’s kinda strange that Oujiro seems to consider Kira a friend after what he tried to do in the beginning... but I guess Oujiro in general is strange to begin with.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I suppose the whole 89-year-old man(!) chase sequence with everyone getting randomly hurt would pretty much match Tsurugi's powers now then.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

tiistai posted:

I suppose the whole 89-year-old man(!) chase sequence with everyone getting randomly hurt would pretty much match Tsurugi's powers now then.

Finally Rei's scepticism is validated.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Credit where it's due, Oujiro's plan to make Jobin paranoid enough to immediately run and check the plant, giving away where he's keeping it, was cunning as hell.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the return of fun fun fun, i love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
everybody wang chung tonight