Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i do think it kinda sucks that the girl is the one who gets a couple panels where she 'breaks character' and is vaguely demure and shy about it while the guy doesnt have any similar stuff. well, peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Endorph posted:

i do think it kinda sucks that the girl is the one who gets a couple panels where she 'breaks character' and is vaguely demure and shy about it while the guy doesnt have any similar stuff. well, peace

Well, this is japan

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Well, this is japan
i dont think the proper defense of 'this chapter seems a bit sexist' is 'sure, but im a racist!'

the japanese are people. there are plenty of japanese authors and works that don't play into those stock gender roles. likewise every country on earth has massive issues with gender roles and sexism. this response means literally nothing.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I liked the part where they enthusiastically hosed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beasteh posted:

I liked the part where they enthusiastically hosed

hell, same?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Endorph posted:

i dont think the proper defense of 'this chapter seems a bit sexist' is 'sure, but im a racist!'

the japanese are people. there are plenty of japanese authors and works that don't play into those stock gender roles. likewise every country on earth has massive issues with gender roles and sexism. this response means literally nothing.

:psyduck: why on earth do people keep thinking in binaries? Are you saying that there isn't a tendency in Japan for women to be demure and such like that in sex? How on earth does saying that somehow mean that I'm saying every single person in Japan is like that no exceptions?

And please, if you're gonna respond, respond to what I say, not what you assume I'm saying.

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 19, 2019

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Endorph posted:

That's been consistent across the whole series to be honest. The guy has no filter, she does.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

:psyduck: why on earth do people keep thinking in binaries? Are you saying that there isn't a tendency in Japan for women to be demure and such like that in sex?
im saying that tendency is mostly something forced on them by lovely cultural values and art doesnt have to play into it, lol

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

im saying that tendency is mostly something forced on them by lovely cultural values and art doesnt have to play into it, lol

Exactly. It doesn't, but sometimes it does. The best we can hope for is a positive trend.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i agree, which is why i said 'i think this sucks' when something felt like it was pulling away from that positive trend rather than following it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Compendium posted:

What I'm getting here is that loud and obnoxious couple shenanigans is not everyone's tea and that's cool

i love loud and obnoxious couple shenanigans when they are actual characters

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

i agree, which is why i said 'i think this sucks' when something felt like it was pulling away from that positive trend rather than following it

Okay, and that's what I misread/misinterpreted

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Consensual sex is the most controversial thing on the internet.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Idiotic, but consensual coitus

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
there were enough cute bits in there i'd be down to read the author's old h doujins but man i cannot imagine reading even just 20 chapters of the one joke it has, it's incredibly obnoxious

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like them both a lot

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
New Otome Danshi ni Koisuru Otome

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
There's a new chapter of Destroy all Humanity, They can't be regenerated where the MC is really struggling with the concept of having a crush.

Also a reminder that Japan has always had weird commercials but now I know a bit more about pro wrestling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC77AejnDRg

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't read that website on mobile apparently, but I take it by the series title and it having the literal BFM that it's a(probably sponsored/owned by WOTC) M:TG manga?

So weird to be reminded of The BFM, had a pair of those when Unglued was around like 20 years ago.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I can't read that website on mobile apparently, but I take it by the series title and it having the literal BFM that it's a(probably sponsored/owned by WOTC) M:TG manga?

So weird to be reminded of The BFM, had a pair of those when Unglued was around like 20 years ago.

Yeah, Wizard sponsored an official manga done by Yokoto Takuma (Sesuji wo Pin, Shudan) and Ise Katsura; both of whom worked on Onani Master Kurosawa.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
That is the best thing I've heard this week. :allears:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Good picks, those, and I've really been enjoying the manga, even if my particular love of Magic is focused more on the newer stuff.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/642871

New chapter of Taisho author and the baby gay.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Brought To You By posted:

There's a new chapter of Destroy all Humanity, They can't be regenerated where the MC is really struggling with the concept of having a crush.

Also a reminder that Japan has always had weird commercials but now I know a bit more about pro wrestling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC77AejnDRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp5-mKT23_U

I started playing around the time Tempest came out so this is a big nostalgia thing for me.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

More Whispering You A Love Song out now. There's nothing here yet that I haven't really seen in other yuri pieces before, but the execution is so good that it's hard for me to mind too much. The whole thing is just ridiculously charming IMO.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1141395332485517313

Glad this is getting localized. I've probably posted about the scans before but it's really good IMO. Slow-burn yuri with a lot of the Iyashkei trappings of something like Non Non Biyori or Flying Witch. Extremely warm and cozy.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Spiritus Nox posted:

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1141395332485517313

Glad this is getting localized. I've probably posted about the scans before but it's really good IMO. Slow-burn yuri with a lot of the Iyashkei trappings of something like Non Non Biyori or Flying Witch. Extremely warm and cozy.

It's really good.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

Okay I'd never heard of this before, but it's really great. Truly the ultimate nerd fantasy. :v:

I wish I had a cute girlfriend that played magic in middle school. :(

That said, it's so weird looking at the magic cards almost as old as I am. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
one final chapter/epilogue for shishunki bitter change

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The webcomic ending was so much better than "suddenly, truck kun saves the day."

Seriously, what an awful ending.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Both endings were awful, and that epilogue sure doesn't help.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There was also the way out of it of simply Not having them change back ever and just deciding to live with it as they had been for years already, and falling in love anyways. There was absolutely no reason to introduce a contrived trucking to trigger a magical switcheroo out of nowhere. like if they'd gone with the former idea, gradually, I could see it ending pretty solidly although maybe not to everyone's tastes. But instead most people are just flat put off by the weird last second drama for the sake of it. It's a shame since the rest of the series was so good. It could have gently coasted to a slow, comfortable stop, instead the transmission fell off in the last mile before home.

The webcomic ending was bad and I'd still prefer a shlocky ending to it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's not a manga, but Go Get A Roomie finally got around to it.

In other manga news, I'm not normally one to post doujinshi of Love Live, but this one is quite nice.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

so what's this controversial webmanga ending that everyone talks about in hushed tones anyway

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
iirc one of them commits suicide

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

D. Ebdrup posted:

It's not a manga, but Go Get A Roomie finally got around to it.

In other manga news, I'm not normally one to post doujinshi of Love Live, but this one is quite nice.

didn't care for the rest of it much but i'm very interested in this person's office intern oc

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
people should post doujinshi here more often tbh

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
But what if people think I'm some sort of nerd :ohdear:

Seriously though I don't think anyone would mind and I'm not sure why they don't get posted more

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

the only good het romance of 2019 got a lovely second chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
What is it