Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

yeah actually they will posted:

the return of fun fun fun, i love it

Still one of the harder abilities to work with but this madman surfer is committed if nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

She'll have fun, fun, fun until Soft and Wet [takes] her T-Bird away.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Kinda makes sense that the power to make people lethally run into things is Paper Moon King running wild, I guess! But that still doesn't answer who our 89-year old doctor is; he/she could be disguised by Paper Moon King as well. And how is that person utilizing Tsurugi's power? And what does their OWN stand do, which we saw briefly?

Weird poo poo is going on.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
did we already know that the higashikata family was working with damo's group? it's been a while

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

$5 the 89 year-old Doctor is that the ex with the hair who just de-aged because he is a rock human.

Also he is the final boss.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Tetracube posted:

did we already know that the higashikata family was working with damo's group? it's been a while
It's specifically Jobin that was working with the rock humans, he was in contact with Poor Tom.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
is this the first time araki brought back a defeated antagonist (aside from dio)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Relin posted:

is this the first time araki brought back a defeated antagonist (aside from dio)

Does Kobayashi count? He was brought back to judge Josuke and Rohan's game.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Speedwagon
Stroheim
Kakyoin
Polnareff
Nukesaku
Okuyasu
Yukako
Shigechi
Hazamada
Yuya
Mountain Tim
Diego
Hot Pants (she sorta was an antagonist)

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 20, 2019

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Expect My Mom posted:

Speedwagon
Stroheim
Kakyoin
Polnareff
Nukesaku
Okuyasu
Yukako
Shigechi
Hazamada
Yuya
Mountain Tim
Diego
Hot Pants (she sorta was an antagonist)

ok but as a villain of the week acting as a villain of the week, i'm pretty sure hol horse is the only other example. also mountain tim was never a bad guy, all the horses bowed to him

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
they specified antagonist, so i took that as anyone who has ever acted in opposition to the protagonists

they also didn't say "came back and continued to be a bad guy" which yeah is a much smaller list. i just went with "fought the good guys, and remained a part of the story' which is also small cause people die a lot in this series

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It pisses me off that digiorno didn't just fix the body of polnareff before switching the souls back.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
They were outside of the coliseum and Trish was dying

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ahahahahahahaha, the new episode added a bunch of Narancia death flags immediately before he bites it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It also added a sulky Fugo

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Does he give that 'two days from retirement' speech in the manga? Because that was really on the nose lol

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

multijoe posted:

Does he give that 'two days from retirement' speech in the manga? Because that was really on the nose lol

Nope!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

yes he did. come on now

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I think he meant "like in the manga" rather than saying the manga doesnt have the 'two days from retirement' speech

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nah, I was straight-up wrong, I guess. I actually checked those pages but they moved the bit back so I didn't catch it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The true effect of King Crimson is erasing memory of passages of the manga, leaving only the consequence of us complaining about things that did or didn't happen in it

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Given that Doppio didnt know his Diavolo personality was there when he was around, its just now making sense to me why Diavolos soul switch can just hide and take over. No idea why both didn't go in the same body, though.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Glad to see my boy Fugo still exists and thinks of his friend Narancia. :unsmith:

Sad to see they added him sulking alone at a nondescript alley because I don't think GHGR allows for him to be doing that at this point in the story so we're probably not getting it animated. :smith:

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
He's in front of The Restaurant, you know the one.

https://twitter.com/LadyBloof/status/1142130485939834881

:smith:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

GimmickMan posted:

Glad to see my boy Fugo still exists and thinks of his friend Narancia. :unsmith:

Sad to see they added him sulking alone at a nondescript alley because I don't think GHGR allows for him to be doing that at this point in the story so we're probably not getting it animated. :smith:

i don't think it was very likely to be animated in the first place tbh

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it would take way more effort to animate a light novel from scratch with no panel refs to work off of than it does to animate manga

there was literally no chance of it ever happening

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah it's def not happening at all

but if the final shot of Part 5 is Fugo in the football stadium in front of a silhouetted Mista, I'd lose my entire mind

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it's a shame because PHFB is like the only time Giorno is actually charismatic

he does the DIO thing of preying on peoples' weaknesses but does it to help them be better people

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Augus posted:

that this happens instead of a proper fight with Diavolo.

I actually feel like the Requiem fight IS the confrontation with Diavolo, or at least that's what it develops into around halfway through. I'll admit that fighting over who gets to use the arrow is a bit different from a typical stand battle, but I don't think that would have made much sense anyway, seeing as we already had multiple fights and conversations up to this point to rub in the fact that Diavolo and King Crimson simply can't be killed conventionally. Having a regular battle with Diavolo would fly in the face all of that, and also invalidate the purpose of the arrow in the first place, when it was presented as the only way to defeat Diavolo. Well, rewriting Diavolo's entire role in the story might not entirely be a bad thing, either.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I, for one, can't wait for Diavolo to be sent to the Shadow Realm or wherever the gently caress he goes. That's gonna be a surreal sequence.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
In every episode to follow in every future season there will always be a background blink-and-you-miss-it Easter egg cameo of Diavolo getting killed somehow.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You bastards!

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Is it ok to explain what Purple Haze Feedback is in the anime thread yet?

Goddamn I wish that'd be animated.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Why must you crush my dreams with your common sense? :negative:

BaDandy posted:

He's in front of The Restaurant, you know the one.

https://twitter.com/LadyBloof/status/1142130485939834881

:smith:

I missed that. That's a nice touch and it means anime Fugo will at least see the gang again.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

They should do what Araki failed to and make him the traitor.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Giorno sits down to lunch with the boys, the bathroom door opens, the show cuts to black.

It's Polnareff.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Giorno Giovanna, you've become capo di tutti capi of all of Italy's organized crime. What are you going to do next?"

"I, Giorno Giovanna, am going to DISNEY WORLD!"

*cut to Giorno on Space Mountain while Made in Heaven is destroying the universe*

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Would Fugo go to Disney World?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If you consider PHF as canon, then yes. Maybe Shelia E came too