Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Can’t you buy that poo poo at gas stations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

colachute posted:

Can’t you buy that poo poo at gas stations?

There’s one sketchy convenience store / marathon station that does, along with vape juice they have in a rack in front of a window

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Bed Bath and Beyond sells CBD poo poo now.

It's snake oil.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
lol if you have to go to some sketchy corner store for a CBD vape cart

In Boulder, there's like

CBD shot in your latte
CBD sweet potato turmeric dog treats
CBD head lice shampoo
CBD carpet shampoo at the car wash
Free range Colorado pastured 14oz ribeye, with CBD compound butter

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Lol it's such a ridiculous craze. It's like weed, but it doesn't work!! Do you wanna rip these dabs? Don't worry, they don't actually get you high.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Speaking of weed, are dispensaries everywhere in Denver/Estes Park?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
There might be a token onesy twosy in Estes, but I know there are a couple in Lyons, nearby.
There are many in Denver. You will see them in any commercial zone.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

Lol it's such a ridiculous craze. It's like weed, but it doesn't work!! Do you wanna rip these dabs? Don't worry, they don't actually get you high.

Next on the list is CBD infused weed.

It's like weed, but DOUBLE WEED!

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
they have that already and yes they charge extra

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:chloe:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

lol if you have to go to some sketchy corner store for a CBD vape cart

In Boulder, there's like

CBD shot in your latte
CBD sweet potato turmeric dog treats
CBD head lice shampoo
CBD carpet shampoo at the car wash
Free range Colorado pastured 14oz ribeye, with CBD compound butter

loving Carls Jr put out a CBD burger

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
It appears we were wrong.

CBD is derived from an ancient Sumerian word meaning "15% markup".

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Had someone come into the e.d a while ago who had a seizure. They stopped taking their seizure meds about a week prior and we're using cbd oil. Surprise.

I can only imagine there is a correlation to managing seizures with CBD oil since there is some backed research but I don't believe that the poo poo you get at a pot shop is what you want to use in lieu of medicine that probably had a bunch of medical researchers and biochemists create...

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nice and hot piss posted:

Had someone come into the e.d a while ago who had a seizure. They stopped taking their seizure meds about a week prior and we're using cbd oil. Surprise.

I can only imagine there is a correlation to managing seizures with CBD oil since there is some backed research but I don't believe that the poo poo you get at a pot shop is what you want to use in lieu of medicine that probably had a bunch of medical researchers and biochemists create...

But that comes from big pharma and it's all chemicals and toxins. If it's natural it's good for you.

*Gets bit by a venomous snake*

It's natural!

*Dies naturally*

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I've been on a schlocky movie kick lately. I present to you 1995's greatest bad movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn2cf_wJ4f4

Recommendations welcome.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

holocaust bloopers posted:

Speaking of weed, are dispensaries everywhere in Denver/Estes Park?

Stay away from Lightshade, that's a tourist trap line of shops with meh specials and $300+ ounces. Also stay clear of any place advertising by amount of strains with high than 30%. I liked hitting a few places when I'm in Denver. The Pig 'n Whistle on Colfax is a good stop. The Lodge on High St is nice inside, but planted in a ghetto. The Lodge on Federal has terrible parking, but good weed. I also like Universal Herbs on Jason St.

Download Weedmaps when you fly in.

Silver Stem grows Willie Weed, so don't buy Willie weed, just go to Silver Stems' storefront.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

colachute posted:

I've been on a schlocky movie kick lately. I present to you 1995's greatest bad movie.

Recommendations welcome.

https://youtu.be/M2VUUNhcvRE

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Stay away from Lightshade, that's a tourist trap line of shops with meh specials and $300+ ounces. Also stay clear of any place advertising by amount of strains with high than 30%. I liked hitting a few places when I'm in Denver. The Pig 'n Whistle on Colfax is a good stop. The Lodge on High St is nice inside, but planted in a ghetto. The Lodge on Federal has terrible parking, but good weed. I also like Universal Herbs on Jason St.

Download Weedmaps when you fly in.

Silver Stem grows Willie Weed, so don't buy Willie weed, just go to Silver Stems' storefront.

Ok cool this is helpful. Just want to pick up some edibles without getting gouged.

Does TSA at Denver give a poo poo about edibles in carry-on?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

hell yeah that's the good stuff

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ok cool this is helpful. Just want to pick up some edibles without getting gouged.

Does TSA at Denver give a poo poo about edibles in carry-on?

Not anymore, no. Just repackage them. Incredibles makes good edibles. Pig n Whistle sells 10-10mg (100mg total) edibles in a variety of flavors, and it's usually $10, but the brand is eluding me at the moment. I think Coda is another Denver brand, but I rarely see them down here.

Cheeba chews are always a good choice, if the price is okay.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Gonna be in Boulder in August for a wedding, anything good around there? Both dispensary and tourist stuff wise. Only gonna have a full day to do my own thing though.

CBD chat, my wife and I were stupid and bought like 70 bucks worth of CBD stuff last fall in NYC. It was at one of those indoor hipster flea market places in Soho. Girl sold me some muscle rub for back pain (I was dealing with really awful back pain for months at the time) and lube with CBD oil in it. The girl selling it was pretty convincing though, can't say the same for some dude trying to get me to buy an 80 dollar vial of CBD beard oil.

We realized shortly after we'd been had. It's still pretty funny to look back on though. We're moving to Maryland soon, so I'll be able to get a proper medical card for dispensaries there, so that'll be nice.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Handsome Ralph posted:

Gonna be in Boulder in August for a wedding, anything good around there? Both dispensary and tourist stuff wise. Only gonna have a full day to do my own thing though.

Boulder is pretty much weed mecca in Colorado. Denver has the shops and all the weed you're ever going to want, Boulder is like the spiritual home of Colorado hippies.

Download Weedmaps when you visit and peruse the shops. You can download it whenever, actually, and just change your location to show what's available where you're going. The "deals" tab is pretty much my routine haunt, but not all places advertise whether they are recreational or medical only. Colorado Springs is a medical only town, everyone else on the front range, doesn't care, but there are specific medical only shops in Denver, Boulder and Fort Collins.

Just make sure their ads say recreational or 21+. Medical can be had at 18 with a card.

Oh, haunt that deals section. Weed here has expiration dates, due to testing. If it's close to test expiration, the price drops down pretty nicely at some shops. If you're coming between August and October, there will be deals on outdoor harvest weed. Pig 'n Whistle will drop their normal $125/oz out the door to below $100 when the fall harvest rolls in. Most places will follow suit. Because it's either sold cheap, or pushed into concentrates and edibles.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 22, 2019

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

Boulder is fun, depends on what you want to do, pop into the Denver thread for specifics recommendations.
I dont have any food recommendations, haven't really eaten at a great place in Boulder in years.
Bunch of good breweries, Avery is probably my favorite in Boulder, but Left Hand and Oskar Blues are both a short drive into Longmont.

Foothills highway is a good drive, and Nederland is a cool town if you want to see where all the old hippies go to die. There are a bunch of good hikes in Boulder, and just outside of town, just keep an eye out for rattlesnakes.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The rattlesnakes are out in full force this year, man. All the water has them flushed out of their holes and they're loving everywhere.

And apparently it's snowing this weekend out in the mountains. The slopes are open through the end of the month at a few places. Most are closing midway through the day, but still opening in the mornings.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Cool. I wonder how impacted the hiking will be out in Rocky Mountain NP.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The rattlesnakes are out in full force this year, man. All the water has them flushed out of their holes and they're loving everywhere.

And apparently it's snowing this weekend out in the mountains. The slopes are open through the end of the month at a few places. Most are closing midway through the day, but still opening in the mornings.

When life gives you rattlers make rattler chili.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

colachute posted:

Recommendations welcome.

Last Man Standing, starring Bruce Willis. It's a ripoff of fistful of dollars, which was a ripoff of Yojimbo, and it has the 90s-est shootouts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00oG5gtD0Ho

Look at that motherfucker fly into the street

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
If anyone hasn't seen The Substitute, that needs to be fixed immediately.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So CBD is not really for dermal usage and requires a lot to be absorbed transdermally. So lotions arent really gonna work. Neither will bath bombs.

I found tinctures work best. Smoking it is weird to me. I like having a little bottle, add a drop or two in my coffee in the morning, and my joints dont ache as bad all day. My wife uses it for headaches.

A lot of people dont know what CBD actually does. It IS an anti inflammatory but a lot of people try to use it for pain. Not as effective as THC is in that regard. CBD is non-psychoactive. CBD basically counters the THC high so its good to have if you took too much THC. Helps with anxiety.

Its not a miracle cure as it is touted to be. I will say that it prolonged my father in laws life for a bit. Doctors gave him 6 months and he had 2 years with CBD, diet, and exercise. I believe in it but again, it isnt superman.

THC/CBD plants exist but are expensive and rarer. Basically, you get one or the other through genetics.

I did a loooooot of research on this poo poo and read tons of medical/science journals about pot in general. Gave presentations about the stuff. The problem is misinformation. Like people thinking its ok to smoke out dogs. No, do not. They do not like THC but CBD helps old pups move around more (my 14 year old dog will attest). People want in on the money train so people buy and make their own vapes. In their kitchen or whatever. Regulation is definitely an issue.

Basically CBD has a lot of benefits but we also dont know a whole lot about it. We know we have cannabanoid receptors and that CBD works well in tandem with opiates (making them great to use to wean off). We dont know long term effects. This poo poo isnt snake oil, but its also not penicillin.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bruce willis shot that man so hard he turned into a sepia filter

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

A Bad Poster posted:

If anyone hasn't seen The Substitute, that needs to be fixed immediately.

this is actually the movie that got me started on my kick. watched it last weekend. it's the worst in all of the best ways.

Slim Pickens posted:

Last Man Standing, starring Bruce Willis. It's a ripoff of fistful of dollars, which was a ripoff of Yojimbo, and it has the 90s-est shootouts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00oG5gtD0Ho

Look at that motherfucker fly into the street

never seen it. added to my list.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Soulex posted:

So CBD is not really for dermal usage and requires a lot to be absorbed transdermally. So lotions arent really gonna work. Neither will bath bombs.

I found tinctures work best. Smoking it is weird to me. I like having a little bottle, add a drop or two in my coffee in the morning, and my joints dont ache as bad all day. My wife uses it for headaches.

A lot of people dont know what CBD actually does. It IS an anti inflammatory but a lot of people try to use it for pain. Not as effective as THC is in that regard. CBD is non-psychoactive. CBD basically counters the THC high so its good to have if you took too much THC. Helps with anxiety.

Its not a miracle cure as it is touted to be. I will say that it prolonged my father in laws life for a bit. Doctors gave him 6 months and he had 2 years with CBD, diet, and exercise. I believe in it but again, it isnt superman.

THC/CBD plants exist but are expensive and rarer. Basically, you get one or the other through genetics.

I did a loooooot of research on this poo poo and read tons of medical/science journals about pot in general. Gave presentations about the stuff. The problem is misinformation. Like people thinking its ok to smoke out dogs. No, do not. They do not like THC but CBD helps old pups move around more (my 14 year old dog will attest). People want in on the money train so people buy and make their own vapes. In their kitchen or whatever. Regulation is definitely an issue.

Basically CBD has a lot of benefits but we also dont know a whole lot about it. We know we have cannabanoid receptors and that CBD works well in tandem with opiates (making them great to use to wean off). We dont know long term effects. This poo poo isnt snake oil, but its also not penicillin.

The way it is being used, it is snake oil.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We have a strain at work that has a modest return on thc/cbd. Usually around 5% thc with about 10% cbd. It's on the hempier side, very tall sativas. They're the only plants I've seen at work get over 8 feet tall when unrestrained. It's definitely an odd strain, buds are slick instead of sticky, less dense because we cut at 9-10 weeks regardless.

I hadn't thought of it until now, but products containing the popular pesticide, neem oil, have been linked to stomach problems in weed consumers. This is caused by pesticide applications in the last 1-2 weeks with no concern for the buds. Neem products should be applied around the base of the plant, the main stem, and aerosoled on the underside of leaves, never directly onto buds or from above. Colorado has a good list of legal pesticides built up, and regulations are getting thicker every year.

Hemp being so recently legalized (lots of loopholes still, county/state laws), I can't say that there's a lot of regulation actually going on, let alone lists of approved pesticides, herbicides, or fungicides. It certainly doesn't seem that way, so I'd be wary of what you smoke and where you get it from. I'm sure there are cbd online shops based in states that already have stringent laws on applicable chemicals to cannabis, because they'll likely copy/paste current marijuana applicable chemical regulations to hemp.

Also all the fun stuff that comes from nutrients, and not properly flushing the plants before harvesting. Ever smoke weed that sparks? It does that when it still has a decent chunk of fertilizer in the plant matter. I'm sure there are plenty of shady hemp farmers out there that never stop feeding nutrients, knowing full well their product will go into cbd oil.

E: of course, none of that matters in a frenzy. Everyone wants into the bubble before it bursts. And I'm not going to capitalize cbd because that would give it more emphasis than I want.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 22, 2019

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
CBD doesn't definitively do anything and saying things like "we know that" it does is irresponsible and gives more ammunition to hucksters, and detracts from ANY peer reviewed research being conducted, by virtue of cheapening it's value.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's pretty much verbatim what I told my mother when she asked about it a few months ago. They've proven and now market a pharmaceutical product (epidiolex) for a small list of nervous disorders and that's all that should be taken seriously.

I think I more or less told her it's like all the claims made about fish oil. Some poo poo, like lowering cholesterol, is proven, but most of it is all bullshit.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Marijuana Study Finds CBD Can Cause Liver Damage

I’m all for alternative medicine. If this poo poo gets people off their opiates/benzos or helps them or their pet with end of life comfort care just for pain control or appetite, then why not. Problem is the people usually touting the former are at one of four booths trying to sell it to you at the farmers market.

The laws absolutely needed to be reversed as far as hemp goes. There was no need for any restrictions on it at all other than the reefer madness bs and some politician or whatever long ago that owned a cotton farm. So all that is good and progressive.

But yeah, it is the Wild West right now, and you can find CBD in just about everything these days. For pets, massage oil, bath bombs, vape pens, beer...

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Was curious about some worldbuilding details in The Handmaid’s Tale when I saw this post on reddit.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
And that's why we're all on the government watch list.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm sure there's more vets that got out at the same time that are walking Wilford Brimley impersonators than ones that actually maintained some level of physical fitness to stay "in shape", but that's subjective to what that means to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
round is a shape