Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I don't think the dozen or so Namekians left would be of any help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Also the other Namekians already fused and died.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Due to his true father, Gohan can be considered Namekian and can merge with the other Namekians to multiply his considerable powers and then reactivate his Ultimate/Mystic form to maximize it and win and become relevant again hooray

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm thinking the 3rd wish is something like "Goku and Vegeta can no longer touch me". Moro wasn't using illusions earlier when they tried to punch him, they just can't punch him anymore

Krillin returns to the spotlight

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New Super Dragon Ball Heroes is out.

Worth the watch if only to see edgy OC do not steal get the poo poo beaten out of him. Also much better animation this time around, since Yamamuro apparently wasn't involved.

Link is on Terez27's Twitter or Youtube account. I'm not sure if I can link to it directly so I won't.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
U6 Kai finally loses his poo poo and Champa seems to be downright approving.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And use it to oneshot Frieza while nobody is looking.

No no no pan, put down great uncle frieza, you know how frahile he is

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Rigged Death Trap posted:

No no no pan, put down great uncle frieza, you know how frahile he is

I was making more of a Who Shot Mr Burns joke.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
The dub of episode #116 was so good, y'all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sean did a pretty good kamehameha yell

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Lol I totally forgot Uub existed until someone here mentioned him, when I read that new chapter I was thinking "They're going to bring back kid Buu?!?"

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Lol I totally forgot Uub existed until someone here mentioned him, when I read that new chapter I was thinking "They're going to bring back kid Buu?!?"

The climax will be Goku getting baby Uub and having Buu absorb him.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

You weren't wrong technically

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

TheHan posted:

The climax will be Goku getting baby Uub and having Buu absorb him.

Instead of eating him, he'll open up a cock pit in his chest and 4 year old Uub will pilot Supreme Buu.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Crabtree posted:

Instead of eating him, he'll open up a cock pit in his chest and 4 year old Uub will pilot Supreme Buu.

:hmmyes: Dragon Ball does suffer from a lack of mecha.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I mean it'll be more fleshy gum ball mecha like this was AoT, but yeah. And this is how part of Uub's power and instincts in battle are unlocked enough for Goku to remember him again so he can train both Broly and Uub.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

RFC2324 posted:

They really need to have a serious enemy who's in a giant robot. I suppose size difference fight scenes are tricky but still.

...comedy option: the final trump card is the return of The Amazing Fighting Candy.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

RFC2324 posted:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They really need to have a serious enemy who's in a giant robot. I suppose size difference fight scenes are tricky but still.

...comedy option: the final trump card is the return of The Amazing Fighting Candy.

Well if we're counting movies there was Dr Wheelo

Love that they included the Pilaf machines in Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

drrockso20 posted:

Love that they included the Pilaf machines in Budokai Tenkaichi 3

You can also get their combined form as a card in the Super Dragon Ball Heroes game.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New SDBH opening thingy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn0ASuEgrbY

Confirms Goku's magic pants are even more magic than we thought, not only do they change size, they also change colour!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Ah Yes SSj4SSGSSj1Gogeta

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I love how Gohan is like "Oh, a fight? Better wear a nice tie and dress shirt. Maybe a vest and pocket watch, just for good measure."

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Blaze Dragon posted:

New SDBH opening thingy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn0ASuEgrbY

Confirms Goku's magic pants are even more magic than we thought, not only do they change size, they also change colour!

Thanks, I hate it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh look

pan being saved by goku

great

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's Gogeta, actually

Very different from usual tyvm

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

dr.acula posted:

Ah Yes SSj4SSGSSj1Gogeta

:goonsay: Good sir that is clearly SSj4Kaioken Gogeta

I don't know why his aura has the same shape of SSJBlue but I assume they just pasted in ssjbluekaioken.gif and adjusted the hue bar.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

New Leaf posted:

I love how Gohan is like "Oh, a fight? Better wear a nice tie and dress shirt. Maybe a vest and pocket watch, just for good measure."

How will they know he's the intellectual one otherwise?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New Leaf posted:

And he can turn into a SS4 now so all of that sadly won't last.

TheHan posted:

:goonsay: Good sir that is clearly SSj4Kaioken Gogeta

I don't know why his aura has the same shape of SSJBlue but I assume they just pasted in ssjbluekaioken.gif and adjusted the hue bar.

It's Heroes "animation" so this is almost certainly the case. They take all the shortcuts they can get.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
just loving make a super saiyan infinity and rip off hyper sonic's rainbow glow, complete the loop and end our suffering

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udW2wD6cHGA

i feel the overwhelming need to share this thing i discovered because i cannot stop watching it and laughing

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sean living in New York is probably one of the best things that happened to American children's television

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ruggington posted:

i feel the overwhelming need to share this thing i discovered because i cannot stop watching it and laughing

You're doing the lord's work, Ruggington. Or the devil's, I can't tell sometimes.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TwoPair posted:

You're doing the lord's work, Ruggington. Or the devil's, I can't tell sometimes.

i've been given a position of power and i'll abuse the hell out of it

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
A really fascinating thing about that show is the 4kids dub is the only footage of it that exists. The original version just isn't anywhere.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ruggington posted:

I remember that as kid. Not a ton of details other then that the theme song was based on the Cancan theme, and the main villain was a Cat Girl.

Here's the opening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LbWWx80ZPA

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kefla continues the trend of fusions pulling crazy new moves out of nowhere. I wonder how that works.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kefla continues the trend of fusions pulling crazy new moves out of nowhere. I wonder how that works.

Probably because Fusion is funky magic with either method, odd things are going to happen if two guys suddenly merge into a single one

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Also, when you reach a certain level of strength, you can just brute force poo poo with ki. No need to train for efficiency, or learn the correct movements, or try to puzzle out the right feel. Just pump enough ki into whatever you're trying to do, and eventually the universe will just give up and let you do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kurui Reiten posted:

Also, when you reach a certain level of strength, you can just brute force poo poo with ki. No need to train for efficiency, or learn the correct movements, or try to puzzle out the right feel. Just pump enough ki into whatever you're trying to do, and eventually the universe will just give up and let you do it.

I was thinking something along those lines. There's basically no explanation for the Super Kamikaze Ghost Attack other than being goddamn hilarious, and Gogeta somehow manages to come up with a holy weapon despite being probably more morally ambiguous than Goku. (Being willing to kill Broly and all, and I wouldn't be surprised if he can't use the Spirit Bomb)

Might also be a theme with the mentality; borrowing rather recursively some themes from Steven Universe, a fusion is a new person and a new experience, who has the memories and knowledge of both of their components but a personality and outlook all of their own. It makes sense that as they're eagerly discovering what their new power level is and what they can do, especially with the martial artist mindset of pushing your limits, that they're going to try new things to exercise their combined knowledge base, and since they're generally aware that they're only going to exist in the world for a very short time and quite possibly never again, they're willing to try drat near anything that crosses their minds because when else are they going to get the chance?

Also makes sense thematically given every time a fusion shows up it's a Big Deal, and they want to make it as flashy as possible, including coming up with fancy new moves unique to them to distinguish their scenes and the way they fight. Of course, might also be that Gotenks was the first fusion we saw (not counting Namekians) and set the trend.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 25, 2019