Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

They should do what Araki failed to and make him the traitor.

I don't think that light novel was as well received. Or at least it wasn't popular enough for someone to translate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Someone translated it and an audiobook version was released like five years ago.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Well dang, really?

I remember there being translations of Feedback and Jorge Joestar but I'd never heard that someone translated Golden Ring.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

We know who he is calling.

Do we? I legit can't remember a thing.
I'm getting old.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Do we? I legit can't remember a thing.
I'm getting old.

it was makori~~~n all along

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, Makorin is Ojiro's girlfriend, the woman that Mitsuba brushed off at the school meeting for Tsurugi. She's trying to get the Higashikata estate and knows about the rumors of Jobin and Cato killing a kid

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is she a woman of the sea or the land?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oh, I remember now.

I hope we see some more stupid sexy Kira flashback real soon.
Love me some sail boys

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Maybe we’ll learn how Karera got that picture of her, Kira, and Josefumi.
Hahaha just kidding

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Who

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

We're gonna have a whole new faction of people introduced and it will be revealed this is only the quarter point.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I call it Jojo's part Great because I enjoy reading a new chapter of it near the end of every month!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I call it "NoNo's" because I turn "8" degrees and "part" with this poo poo!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Casting Bakugo's actor as Ghiaccio was a very inspired choice I gotta say

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
is there unifying fan theory for part 8 as to the connection between the rocks that hide among people, the plant that turns part of you into rock, and the disease that turns you into a rock

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's the curse of dio and the joestar bloodline

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was jellyfish.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
they're because of a stand called「We Will Rock You」

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

they're because of a stand called「We Will Rock You」

remember this post when this ends up actually true

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hemingway To Go! posted:

is there unifying fan theory for part 8 as to the connection between the rocks that hide among people, the plant that turns part of you into rock, and the disease that turns you into a rock

Watch it all be a red herring and there’s no connection whatsoever.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The connection is Kars. We know he had powers to transform life, such as turning his hand into a violent squirrel. We know he eventually stopped thinking and turned into a mineral. When the universe was rebooted, he was no longer a 「person」 but a 「thing」. He became the rokkaka, and the pillar men became rock humans.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Amazingly I think they’re all unrelated. The disease is presumably a curse caused by the holy corpse, the rock humans are a species that have been around for a loooong time, and the rokakaka is from New Guinea(and has existed for a long time like the rock humans).

EDIT: Actually wait, wasn’t the reason Johnny brought the corpse to Morioh because his wife had the rock disease? I guess the disease is older than that and the holy corpse only causes the wall eyes and the influx of stand users in the town. Maybe the Higashikatas have a rock human ancestor or something? I still think the fruit is not connected to the others though.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 25, 2019

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Do fans even have theories about part 8 or have we all just accepted that it's incomprehensible

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's not that Part 8 is "incomprehensible", is that Araki's writing isn't conducive to theories or predictions. He isn't worldbuilding on a level like Oda, where One Piece fans have correctly predicted entire arc plots before they started. We're not sure what he'll drop or add to the story next so it's easier to just go for the ride, even if it sucks.

I thought I had a good idea of Part 8 might go when Cato was introduced, but she's been MIA for like year so i dunno!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'm still holding on to my idiotic "final boss is diavolo somehow" theory solely because king crimson has been suspiciously absent from this naming scheme

e: and yeah part 8 is a mystery story where halfway through it's revealed that there's actually no mystery at all oh well

araki doesn't really understand the whole mystery thing

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

THEORY TIME.

The disease is caused by Dio's head somehow. Yeah I know he technically disintegrated shaddap. The rockmen serve him and want to find a new body for him. He used Johnny's body for a while, but that didn't quite work, so he demands additional bodies from the Higashikatas or he kills their heirs. It's a threat, basically, to find a body that works.

Now the rockmen have learned of the transformed rokaka fruit, which may heal Dio completely

Revived Dio's Stand will be "Rock the World"

You're loving welcome

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Expect My Mom posted:

it's not that Part 8 is "incomprehensible", is that Araki's writing isn't conducive to theories or predictions.

Lmao.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Yinlock posted:

i'm still holding on to my idiotic "final boss is diavolo somehow" theory solely because king crimson has been suspiciously absent from this naming scheme

e: and yeah part 8 is a mystery story where halfway through it's revealed that there's actually no mystery at all oh well

araki doesn't really understand the whole mystery thing

It's upsetting how well this all tracks with Diavolos whole deal of being a mysterious figure without a great payoff. Araki does it again

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

In part, I love part 8 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure because it reads like a mystery novel where the author constantly gets bored of where he's taking the plot, leading to absurd and wild poo poo that changes at the drop of a hat, and any constants that DO stay throughout the plot turn better and better, like granite cliffs worn down by a constant flood of bullshit until they become awe-inspiring monuments

I mean, we're honestly dealing with a wealthy fruit parlor owner's son making deals with the fruit mafia, while his crossdressing son, out of stress, causes people to lethally run into things on accident

Let the weak plot elements wither and die, I say, only the great ones will survive the great flood of bullshit

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Expect My Mom posted:

it's not that Part 8 is "incomprehensible", is that Araki's writing isn't conducive to theories or predictions. He isn't worldbuilding on a level like Oda, where One Piece fans have correctly predicted entire arc plots before they started. We're not sure what he'll drop or add to the story next so it's easier to just go for the ride, even if it sucks.

I thought I had a good idea of Part 8 might go when Cato was introduced, but she's been MIA for like year so i dunno!

With Norisuke dead at the end of this she won't have anyone to troll anymore so maybe then will be her time to act.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Debating whether or not I should catch up on Jojolion by just starting from the beginning again and going from there. :thunk:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'm done with Jojolion until it's over.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I'm enjoying being confused every week and it's a nice surprise when it comes out but I just don't have any coherent thoughts about it right now and am just kinda Not Thinking About It until it ends

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I looked up Ojiro because the manga clearly treats him as someone I should know and realized he's the creep Josuke beat early on. I don't know if I'd even realized it was the same dude Kira made eat his own fingers during the flashback

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
he talked about his new fake fingers the last time he was in the story which was like two or three months ago

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Baron La Croix posted:

Is he a man of the jacuzzi or a man of the land...?

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
So is the Golden Wind anime in danger of skipping Sleeping Slaves? There's only 4 eps left and I'm not sure if it's enough given the pacing so far.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I doubt they will given how brief the final confrontation is but even if they did I would have a hard time caring

Worst comes to worst they'll OVA it for the blu ray releases

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the final 'fight' isn't much of one so they definitely have time for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i so want to reply to this 'hey dog check out part 7 with us when the anime is over'

dr.acula posted:

Why don't they use hamon and stands?