Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

CommissarMega posted:

Do... do I want to know what's going on in Alabama? :stare:

I'm guessing Domestic no Kanojo was the most popular series in Alabama on their state-by-state breakdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Can Of Worms posted:

Edit: Spicy comment section too.

Haha drat I wanna mess with them now.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:bigwhat:

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

it's this thing : https://mangadex.org/title/38600/jk-haru-wa-isekai-de-shoufu-ni-natta which is another one for the 'people who like it should be put on some kind of list' category

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jesus christ

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Sounds like whoever makes it should be in prison

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

fritz posted:

it's this thing : https://mangadex.org/title/38600/jk-haru-wa-isekai-de-shoufu-ni-natta which is another one for the 'people who like it should be put on some kind of list' category

This manga sounds loving awesome! Thanks for sharing the link dude, you're cool!

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

fritz posted:

Oh god that first quote wasn't a comment it was the description?! :gonk:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

tfw a manga that hates women does not hate them quite enough for you

k4kk01
May 6, 2013

I clicked through to the official release... and it was actually tagged 'feminism'. So I guess this guy's wish was granted?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Yinlock posted:

tfw a manga that hates women does not hate them quite enough for you

It really doesn't and it's actually not bad, or at least that's the case with the LN.

Haru's a good lead.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I mean, it's a story from the perspective of a sex worker that's actually sympathetic to her. That's already more feminist than 90% of isekai stories.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Clarste posted:

I mean, it's a story from the perspective of a sex worker that's actually sympathetic to her. That's already more feminist than 90% of isekai stories.

Pretty much.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Clarste posted:

i read about this novel/manga series this is based on before, though i don't read isekai, and she also steals her clients' invisible rpg stats and exp (ugh isekai). she also makes fun of the guy who tried to save her's tiny penis and total incompetence at sex (even after multiple sessions), and plans to use him as a cash source since he's rich. so i can think i can guess where the 1 star ratings are really coming from ;)

Relin fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 27, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly thats making that manga sound good

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

well i certainly can’t think of anything cooler

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

honestly thats making that manga sound good

I mean, it is actually pretty good, though some dumb isekei twists come up that are pointless.

Another complaint is that they really go out of their way to make pretty much everyone outside of the main character's circle of friends a huge piece of poo poo, and even if she decides to make the best of it it is basically about a teenage girl forced into prostitution. Though, she does take it well.

It also ends pretty open ended. It's a one and done deal and things don't really get "resolved".

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Same, to be honest.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

it is kind of funny that the most pain-free way to read manga online is to use kissmanga with adblock/noscript, though

you desperately need those things or you're gonna have to do a full OS reinstall after a few times of visiting it, but... if you have them, basically the only non-ethics-related complaint anyone could possibly have is that they're still hosting the lovely old Berserk scanlations when there's totally scans of the DH translation around

What about Mangarock? I haven't had any issues with that one.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

:hmmyes:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Bless this commenter

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

At first I thought they meant the military kind of tank. I'm kinda disappointed.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dunno about you guys, but I am loving these new dance mixes!

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Sure I do, it means "oblong". :colbert:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
posts like this mange me wonder if people actually know what oblong means, or if they use the word to sound cool : T

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'm a fan of boobs also.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

They'd really prefer an unknown person be referred to as "it" than as "she".
No, no misogyny here, why do you ask?

... at least ~70% gave the obviously correct answer, which is "they".

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Stygian is a cooler word than Eldritch.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sharkopath posted:

Stygian is a cooler word than Eldritch.

In Yugioh there's a few cards with Stygian in the name, and they're all Demonic Cops.

Their Japanese name is just Hell, in English

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Not directly related comments, but they share the same spirit and were from the same thing.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Hiroki Taniguchi and Kaito Nakai were bitter rivals within the world's most popular fantasy MMO, Sword Maidens of the Apocalypse. One day, while both teens were accompanying their moms to the store, they spotted each other from across the street and started to rush towards one another while a large truck was hurrying to make a delivery. In a flash, Hiroki and Kaito found themselves in another world, the world of Sword Maidens of the Apocalypse! And they've brought their mothers with them, who have transformed into some of the most powerful and voluptuous sword-wielding maidens in this new world. Now, as their mothers' squires, both Hiroki and Kaito have to resort scheming and other underhanded tactics to consolidate their power, and it all starts with seducing each other's mothers! Who will be the real motherfucker?