Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Comics reboot themselves every four years, why does Araki need an excuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah in a non-joking answer i can legit just say 'araki knows how to at least wrap things up to some degree unlike other mangaka' and leave it at that. if someone's gonna consider it a spoiler to know that a particular overarching plotline ends after a certain point then i have news for them regarding basically every bit of media out there

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Expect My Mom posted:

Comics reboot themselves every four years, why does Araki need an excuse

Yeah, you really don't gotta say poo poo besides "part 6 concludes the original series and part 7 is a reboot"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Funky Valentine posted:

"Yo you like Jojo but what do you think about Jojo WITH DINOSAURS"

I’m for it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

painted into a coroner posted:

There are also no Avdols in any other JoJo part, iirc.

How soon we forget Urmd, the guy showed up to the Steel Ball Run riding a camel and immediately ate poo poo on a cactus.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

How much are you going to say about exactly why part 7 is rebooting to 1890, with an alternate Jonathan who isn't a 100% match and isn't even British gentry?

There's nothing really to suggest the SBRverse is the new universe created at the end of Stone ocean, it's just a reboot

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

multijoe posted:

There's nothing really to suggest the SBRverse is the new universe created at the end of Stone ocean, it's just a reboot
I think Araki even explicitly states the SBRverse was its own thing and has no connections to what happened in Stone Ocean.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
https://twitter.com/LadyBloof/status/1145915160659410945 Unrelated but wow.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Denying that Jojo is gay af takes a whole new level of cognitive dissonance.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I guess for me it's less the cognitive dissonance (that's nothing new with any media) but saying that JoJo is PRETTY gay and someone going "source???", so you provide a primary source and they're just like

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Jojo is the gayest, horniest show ever

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
JoJo is about muscle bears and their twink friends and relatives

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jojo is straight.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Pewdiepie posted:

Jojo is straight up gay

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Just two friends licking each other to determine the veracity of their statements.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
We'll get em when part 6 airs and they cannot deny Extremely Horny Bisexual Woman vs Gay Priest in Florida Man/Woman Prison Adventures

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
He just loves DIO like he loves Jesus. /s

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DIO is a father, he is also a son, and a vampire is basically a kind of holy ghost.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Jojo is incredibly homoerotic but has a surprisingly low number of canonically LGBTQ characters. There’s what, Dio being bi, the two villain couples in Golden Wind, Pucci (who wasn’t apparently written to be gay but Araki considers it an equally valid interpretation), Valentine’s wife, and... I can’t think of any others. It’s still more than most other manga though I guess.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

the two villain couples in Golden Wind

Sorbet and Gelato did nothing wrong.

Alitur
Jan 10, 2019

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Jojo is incredibly homoerotic but has a surprisingly low number of canonically LGBTQ characters. There’s what, Dio being bi, the two villain couples in Golden Wind, Pucci (who wasn’t apparently written to be gay but Araki considers it an equally valid interpretation), Valentine’s wife, and... I can’t think of any others. It’s still more than most other manga though I guess.

Maybe my memory is loving with me, but I definitely remember Jolyne being bisexual has been shown somewhere.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Alitur posted:

Maybe my memory is loving with me, but I definitely remember Jolyne being bisexual has been shown somewhere.

It's the line about her being jealous of snails because they can gently caress anything

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dragonatrix posted:

Sorbet and Gelato did nothing wrong.

Idk that nail polish was a crime against humanity

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I think it's time we canceled Araki for not being gay enough.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Funky Valentine posted:

DIO is a father, he is also a son, and a vampire is basically a kind of holy ghost.

The World is the holy ghost.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
The Head, The Stand and The Brother's Body

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i count jolyne because authorial intent

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think Jolyne used to be bi but after seeing that trans dude’s penis she realized that gender is not binary but a vast, colorful spectrum, and became pan

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 3, 2019

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Augus posted:

I think Jolyne used to be bi but after seeing that trans dude’s penis she realized that gender is not binary but a vast, colorful spectrum, and therefore became pan

what

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jolyne just wants to gently caress that snail.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

pansexual

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

that's not what i'm whatting about

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can't believe we gotta wait like three weeks for the end of the part 5 anime

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

please god don't start some 'bisexual means someone doesn't like trans people' poo poo in the jojo thread

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
wasn't it a transman sent to women's prison unfairly, so it was the opposite situation to the one described

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I wasn’t going to start that

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Wait, Anasui was trans?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

multijoe posted:

Wait, Anasui was trans?

no it's the really early scene with the nude prison admittance with the exchange that goes
Jolyne: "Err... excuse me, this is a female prison, right?"
Dr: "She's been injected with male hormones"

and I just looked it up to post but I don't really think it's work safe.
kind of wish she had a stand but then she either would have become a villain or gotten killed by pucci.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Augus posted:

I think Jolyne used to be bi but after seeing that trans dude’s penis she realized that gender is not binary but a vast, colorful spectrum, and became pan
What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

never mind