Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Woah. This is the dawn of a new age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Jolyne said trans rights, even if Araki went about it a weird way.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
So it's the finale tomorrow, right?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Happy 4th.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CJ posted:

So it's the finale tomorrow, right?

Nope, it's episode 37. Then 3 weeks later we get 38 and 39 together.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RatHat posted:

what seriously

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
already preparing the "stone ocean will never come out" memes

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Of course not, they're going to skip over it and adapt Jojolion instead.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Tetracube posted:

already preparing the "stone ocean will never come out" memes

SBR? More like Senior's Ball run because y'all be seniors when it comes out ah ha ha.

(hey whats your profile pic from i couldn't private message you to ask you sorry)

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Jojolion anime will come out when the manga is finished

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Hemingway To Go! posted:

no it's the really early scene with the nude prison admittance with the exchange that goes
Jolyne: "Err... excuse me, this is a female prison, right?"
Dr: "She's been injected with male hormones"

and I just looked it up to post but I don't really think it's work safe.
kind of wish she had a stand but then she either would have become a villain or gotten killed by pucci.

You say "she" but isn't it the other way around? He's probably a trans-man who got put in the women's prison because the assigned gender on his birth certificate was female. This is a thing that happens in real American prisons after all.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

RatHat posted:

Today will be the end of the story and the special will be Rolling Stone though, correct?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zeruel posted:

SBR? More like Senior's Ball run because y'all be seniors when it comes out ah ha ha.

(hey whats your profile pic from i couldn't private message you to ask you sorry)

That's Madeline from Celeste!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Dont know why it took me until last week to realize people were making AMV's of jojo stands using the music. I've yet to find a bad one but special mention goes to Mandom, Hey Ya!, and Vitamin C
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhKH_bma5WE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQz1GJUKBkY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwsZEt_HW4w

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Celeste owns

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Just saw the raw of the new episode. I can't believe GER sent Diavolo into the last DiU OP. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 5, 2019

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

CJ posted:

Today will be the end of the story and the special will be Rolling Stone though, correct?

Lol nope

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Yeah, that's not where I expected this episode to end. I'm guessing they are going to mix up the order of things a bit and put the Rolling Stone stuff before Diavolo getting eternally dunked on.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Maybe it's just because i knew what was going to happen but the pacing felt terrible in this episode. I guess they had to pad it out long enough to not reveal the infinite death bullshit, because every scene felt like it went on twice as long as it should have. That bit with Trish saying the Giornio had won went on forever. That's not even getting into how stupid and unsatisfying GER is as a resolution to the story.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So there's a 2-episode special ina couple of weeks to end the show, right? Just for deathloop, the gang sees a rock, and Giorno becomes king gangster?

Deffo feels like this episode suffered a bit for that, like CJ said, things felt pretty slow for what was covered. Hell, halfway through I still thought the fight was going to completely end with how little there was. Or that maybe I forgot and King Crimson did get an upgrade after all.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The two bits i disliked the most were the fakeout with Diavolo stabbing his hand and it not working, then the fakeout where Gold Experience stabbed itself and it seeming like it didn't work. Just needless fakeouts to build unearned tension.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Elephant Parade posted:

I mean, given that there are two episodes left, it almost certainly has a weakness? And I imagine we're going to see it.

Sweet summer child ...

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Hah, i didn't even consider that anime onlies think there's 2 episodes of fight left.

Is the time loop death thing immediately after the Muda or is there more before that?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
King Crimson has no weaknesses

For real this time tho

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

CJ posted:

Hah, i didn't even consider that anime onlies think there's 2 episodes of fight left.

Is the time loop death thing immediately after the Muda or is there more before that?

iirc it's immediately after this, that MUDA OHKOs him

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

multijoe posted:

Sweet summer child ...
came here to quote that post

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Even having already read the manga I still found myself thinking "wait, that was the fight?"

Part 5 has benefitted from being animated, and it has helped my enjoyment of it, but man did this end on a bad point.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

why did they end it there, very weird

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I completely forgot the part where Diavolo could've totally escaped but didn't because a child called him a loser.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I love everyone speculating how the fight has 2 episodes left, clearly something will happen. It's gonna be delicious in a few weeks when all that anticipation leads to just like four minutes of mindboggling beatdown, a big rock and an epilogue.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The rock is good.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

gonna be funny when it turns around in the ED

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Aurora posted:

gonna be funny when it turns around in the ED

IT'S ME BUCCIARATI!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BUCCIARATI!

:vince:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
There's some JoJo stuff being discussed at Anime Expo and YonkouProd has been tweeting about it, here's some fun tidbits (quoted directly from his tweets so I don't spam a dozen tweets in a single post):

quote:

There were 6 animators for each cut of the Muda Muda scene and they competed for the best one.

quote:

The 3 directorsr, producer and one more went to Italy and they visited all of Italy except Sardinia sadly.

5 days in Rome Naples Capri, Venice and Pompeii for "work"

quote:

They also have a video with Araki-sensei

It's a very special video

Araki young as ever. He describes Part t as about characters who have no choices or places to belong. People who live in the underworld. The most important thing is the men. The beautiful men and their perishing

Arakis favourite character is mista

his loyalty and certainty is great

He enjoyed drawing the brotherly conversation with Perscutto

Araki says he'll come to the us if he can and he wants to meet Benecio Del Toro as well

He recently saw Sicario and he absolutely loves Del Toro so if anyone knows him they want to put him in touch. Also this was filmed on his birthday June 7th

His birthday present was that he was going to the gym that day.

quote:

Who got any questions for the staff lol

They said Part 6 depends on all the fans supporting the show and part 5 currently

Someone asked about Purple Haze Feedback and he said let me think about that

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Can Of Worms posted:

There's some JoJo stuff being discussed at Anime Expo and YonkouProd has been tweeting about it, here's some fun tidbits (quoted directly from his tweets so I don't spam a dozen tweets in a single post):

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Manga Thread - The most important thing is the men. The beautiful men and their perishing

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
How well is part 5 performing anyway?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Anecdotally I'll say that I've seen way more online discussion about Part 5 waaaay more than Part 4. Way more fanart/people changing their avatars to part 5 characters etc. I'll also say again that SA is a very small anime community, and I've seen a lot of anime onlys say that Part 5 is their new favorite.

Also Part 5 is brain blastingly popular in Japan so this is all a long way of me saying It's Probably Fine And There Will Def Be A Part 6

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Aurora posted:

why did they end it there, very weird

I think it's so it could end post-requiem intro for the next episode's OP

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

overmind2000 posted:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Manga Thread - The most important thing is the men. The beautiful men and their perishing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Expect My Mom posted:

Anecdotally I'll say that I've seen way more online discussion about Part 5 waaaay more than Part 4. Way more fanart/people changing their avatars to part 5 characters etc. I'll also say again that SA is a very small anime community, and I've seen a lot of anime onlys say that Part 5 is their new favorite.

Also Part 5 is brain blastingly popular in Japan so this is all a long way of me saying It's Probably Fine And There Will Def Be A Part 6

week climax aside it’s hard to argue that the 30-something episodes up to then were anything other than a spectacular rollercoaster ride