Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

veni veni veni posted:

It still shocks me that the Bounty Hunter pack exists. it's so out of character for modern Lego and their stingy doling out of SW minifigures. Of course, they withheld one of them (Boba fett doesn't count) and put him in a $120 set which sounds about right.

I was actually thinking about the glaring lack of Nein Nunb the other day. They even make Ten Nunb who had a fraction of the screen time. Are there any other noteworthy OT characters they haven't made? All I can think of are Nein Nunb, The rest of the Max Rebo band other than Rebo, maybe a few background monsters, Aunt Beru? I think that's about it.

Also, I'm just finishing the Y-Wing and wow what a build. The pictures don't really do justice to how complex that set is. I think it's tied with the UCS Snowspeeder for most cleverly designed Star Wars Build I have done.

Beru, Nien Nunb, a Bantha, Ponda Boba and Dr Ezavan (?), BoShek, the other Rebo band people, Yak Face and some skiff dudes, and there’s still some Rebel pilots and named Ewoks they haven’t done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

I've been making some little builds inspired by things I remember from my dad's garage when I was younger.

album

Got a couple more coming, but my last Bricklink order has been stuck in Thailand for a couple weeks now. Oh well!

You should submit these to the Legomicro instagram page. They’d love them.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah he came with the B wing from about 4 years back. probably because they'd have to make a new head sculpt or hat for NN and with Ten they could get away with a print and an A wing Helmet.

Huh apparently they did Ten twice; I have 2 copies of him from the B-Wing from way back in 2006 that I always figured was the other one.

That said if we're at the point where these are the most notable omissions, I think Lego is really scraping the barrel at this point. Aunt Beru is the only one I even know.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Beru and Nunb are the only notable omissions with any lines, but interesting background dudes are Star Wars’ bread and butter and you could easily do a set with the missing Cantina dudes (I want a hammerhead and a Duros bad) and another with some of the Jabba’s Palace denizens.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

veni veni veni posted:

Also, I'm just finishing the Y-Wing and wow what a build. The pictures don't really do justice to how complex that set is. I think it's tied with the UCS Snowspeeder for most cleverly designed Star Wars Build I have done.

Better than Slave 1? I've wanted it since launch and have just been waiting for a price drop akin to the one that got me the Snowspeeder for $140, but I may just make it a birthday present to myself next month regardless

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Koramei posted:

That said if we're at the point where these are the most notable omissions, I think Lego is really scraping the barrel at this point. Aunt Beru is the only one I even know.

Yeah, that's another reason why I've really gone off SW Lego, I mostly like the OT (and some PT) stuff and that's pretty tapped out. I've got one of most of the ships/vehicles from the OT/PT that I like and that's enough for me. The last one I bought was last year's Sandcrawler and even then it was mostly for parts because it was half-price.

I'm sure I've said it before in this thread somewhere, but the only things I think are missing from Lego SW are a Bantha, an updated TIE Bomber and Interceptor (no, the red one doesn't count), and a UCS A-Wing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Habibi posted:

Better than Slave 1? I've wanted it since launch and have just been waiting for a price drop akin to the one that got me the Snowspeeder for $140, but I may just make it a birthday present to myself next month regardless

The Slave 1 is actually up there too. It's just as fun/cool of a build as the other two. More than anything I just meant that the Y Wing and Snowspeeder both have some really unique advanced building techniques I've never seen in a set or thought of. I've really found most of the recent UCS sets great to build with the exception of the Falcon being a bit tedious at times.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Beru and Nunb are the only notable omissions with any lines, but interesting background dudes are Star Wars’ bread and butter and you could easily do a set with the missing Cantina dudes (I want a hammerhead and a Duros bad) and another with some of the Jabba’s Palace denizens.

They made hammerhead. I have him!

technically it's some unnamed made up jedi, but for all intents and purposes...It's hammerhead.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

It still shocks me that the Bounty Hunter pack exists. it's so out of character for modern Lego and their stingy doling out of SW minifigures. Of course, they withheld one of them (Boba fett doesn't count) and put him in a $120 set which sounds about right.

The bounty hunter pack exists to lure people into the Zuccus containing Slave 1. What really irks me about that Slave 1 isn't that I bought it almost solely for Zuccus, but that they didn't give the Lando figure in it and instead put him in an different 20th anniversary set. It had to be deliberate, just had to be.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't remember if this was posted before, but it's fantastic. development models for various stuff from the lego movie 2.

https://brickset.com/article/42526/the-lego-movie-2-development-models

banarnars evolution!

edit: is disco benny supposed to be in a set eventually?

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jul 4, 2019

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Yes, he'll be in one of the next wave of LM2 sets, I think in August

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Yes, he'll be in one of the next wave of LM2 sets, I think in August

are there any leaked shots of the set(s) in question?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Captain Invictus posted:

are there any leaked shots of the set(s) in question?
It's not even a leak anymore!

https://brickset.com/sets/70848-1/Systar-Party-Crew

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
Does anyone know if there are better pictures of the Hot Tub Time Machine from TLM2? I really want to build it and would like more references than just what was on screen.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Treehouse leaked.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BziXHFxo29n/?igshid=1ny0v2la74ak5

Looks to have an alternate fall foliage build.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 5, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seems like they changed it a lot, which I guess isn't all that surprising. Looks pretty good but not as good as the original submission. I wouldn't even know what to do with it anyways.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

Seems like they changed it a lot, which I guess isn't all that surprising. Looks pretty good but not as good as the original submission. I wouldn't even know what to do with it anyways.

Fill it with Ewoks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My Ewok selection is modest at best. Someday I hope to change that though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

My Ewok selection is modest at best. Someday I hope to change that though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-Ewoks-Lot-of-5-From-Set-8036/264377827829?hash=item3d8e2581f5:g:xbgAAOSweYRc6zsp

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm holding out until I can find that big dumb Ewok village for cheap tbh. My 3 Ewoks that came with the Endor bunker are getting me by for now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm just trying to encourage you to get the treehouse so I don't feel so bad when I inevitably get it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh? Potential leak.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

Oh? Potential leak.

I've heard of barrel exhaust but this is ridiculous!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
While I'm not interested, that looks interesting. It also looks like it is going to be huge.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lego really needs to make an element that is just that barrel without the wood texture because they use it for everything but barrels now and it just does not look good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
if it didn't have the band around the middle it'd be fine tbh, but with that it's clearly just a barrel piece

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I waltzed into my local Lego store yesterday right after they opened, and the clerk hadn't even finished greeting me before I had Assembly Square in my hands. It felt good to finally snag that modular, and even better to earn double points off of it. :hellyeah:

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I had my first missing pieces. I bought Apocalypseburg and bag nr. 4 was torn in the box. (Box was otherwise sealed properly as far as I could tell.) I'm missing a sand colored 2x2 slope (no big deal, really), a long 2xsomething brown plate (easily replaced with a spare black one and it's on the bottom, so not noticeable) and most irritating, one of the two yellow structural beams. I couldn't replace that one exactly, but I made do with two shorter ones connected with some extra pins. It doesn't feel as solid as it should, so now I'm just hoping it'll hold the upper structure well enough. I'm going to order replacements from Lego, of course, although if the structure holds I doubt I'll replace the beam because it'll be a huge slog to take get to it once it's all built.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

So I just made a thing.

I'll be honest, the crane boom is straight from 42009 and the grabber from 42020, but I find pure Technic pretty difficult to MOC.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The most interesting thing about that thing is that it looks more like a Tente (Spanish Legos made by a now-defunct company called EXIN) design than something that could be made with Lego.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 7, 2019

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Dang, that thing looks stout. Treads make me happy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

So I just made a thing.

I'll be honest, the crane boom is straight from 42009 and the grabber from 42020, but I find pure Technic pretty difficult to MOC.

that is fantastic.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Owns.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Love it. Are the threads functional?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
All righty, this little series of builds is done.

The last two, the tool chest and safe, both open. The tool chest has a 1 x 4 x 1/3 space that fits a couple small tools or one large one, and the safe has a simple locking mechanism.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Those are all so well done, god drat.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Wonderful! Was Judge Dredd an influence?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
To reiterate, when is Lego gonna hire you?!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Nth Doctor posted:

I waltzed into my local Lego store yesterday right after they opened, and the clerk hadn't even finished greeting me before I had Assembly Square in my hands. It felt good to finally snag that modular, and even better to earn double points off of it. :hellyeah:

That is such a fun build. Fiancee and I are working on the Stranger Thing set while watching the new season.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Dogen posted:

To reiterate, when is Lego gonna hire you?!

:emptyquote:

Werix posted:

That is such a fun build. Fiancee and I are working on the Stranger Thing set while watching the new season.

I'm looking forward to it. I might start it tomorrow evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
You guys are very kind!

Anyway, looks like someone found the Treehouse in the wild:

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-ideas-21318-tree-house-detailbilder/83388