Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The option for the autumn leaves is fuckin' ace, that's a really nice set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
More plant-based plants!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

s.i.r.e. posted:

The option for the autumn leaves is fuckin' ace, that's a really nice set.

Leave them off for a winter set.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Carbohydrates posted:

All righty, this little series of builds is done.

The last two, the tool chest and safe, both open. The tool chest has a 1 x 4 x 1/3 space that fits a couple small tools or one large one, and the safe has a simple locking mechanism.

These area always so drat good!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dicking around with an old MOC I did.

E: shorter Gif in case MP4 is busted.

https://i.imgur.com/LWmGFrq.mp4

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 8, 2019

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Thanks guys

I assume these are directed at me:

veni veni veni posted:

Love it. Are the threads functional?

The treads move, but it's not motorised if that's what you mean. Same with the crane. It wouldn't be too difficult to motorise though, there's heaps of space inside

drgitlin posted:

Wonderful! Was Judge Dredd an influence?

No, at least not consciously. I think it's got more of a Starcraft vibe personally, but that wasn't intentional.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Dicking around with an old MOC I did.

E: shorter Gif in case MP4 is busted.

https://i.imgur.com/LWmGFrq.mp4

Love it, and makes me wish I had the time and patience to get into MOC building.
A minor quibble though, and it might be just me, but the tiny black gun feels out of place. It's black doesn't mesh well with the surrounding colours and it's a bit too small and delicate looking.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ha, yeah I can see that, it might look weird, but it was intentional. It's supposed to be little human size T-rex arms for holding tools or small firearms for smaller jobs or whatever. initially it had more turret type guns there, but it felt like overkill. I don't know if I pulled it off but I liked it so I left them there. The arms can just be gunless too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drat my little robot animation has gotten almost 300K views in the last 7 hours on Imgur. Since I usually only post on SA I just assume anything I put on the internet will be seen by 25 people. Now I'm mad at myself for not animating it better cause it was a sloppy 15 minute hack job and now I'm thinking of all of the neat little things I could have done with it to make it better.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That's great! So for your next one you can do even more. Everyone starts somewhere. :hfive:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Sariel just put up a review of the Creator Expert Harley Davidson
https://youtu.be/RrIvmT5R9qw

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jul 9, 2019

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I very rarely find decent Lego deals where I live (in expensive as gently caress Luxembourg) however one of the big supermarkets is evidently clearing out some of their older lego stock because they have a lot of heavily discounted Solo Lego sets, including the Millenium Falcon for €90. I just picked up Han's speeder for €20 because it's a nice little set and am probably gonna talk myself into that Falcon by tomorrow

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Groetgaffel posted:

Sariel just put up a review of the Creator Expert Harley Davidson
https://youtu.be/RrIvmT5R9qw
Looks better than I initially thought. The barrel pieces really do look distracting, though. I like the moving pistons, even if you can't see them. If I bought this, I would be tempted to modify the less-interesting left side into a bit of a cross section so you could see the pistons on that side. I also agree 100% with the reviewer that a chrome parts pack for this set will be available from Bricklink chroming services VERY quickly. It'd probably cost as much as the whole set, though.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
There's something about the Harley set that triggers what I can only call an "uncanny valley" response. It looks too much like a premade toy and less like a Lego set.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Looks like new VIP is supposed to be live today, but it isn't working for me. poo poo better not screw me, was gonna use my points on the treehouse!

I can get in via IE, but not Chrome. Good job Lego. Looks like the points to rewards ratio and you can get small amounts of bonus points for doing dumb poo poo. Also you can buy certain sets using points that are otherwise unavailable. But the rare one sold out instantly.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 10, 2019

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

One of the guys from Brickvault has moved over to Beyond the Brick and I can't fathom why any of these people are considered charismatic enough to switch between youtube channels. Is it just me that finds that kind of odd and incestuous?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just a heads up: Walmart has put a bunch of stuff on clearance. Some great deals if your store actually has them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PriorMarcus posted:

One of the guys from Brickvault has moved over to Beyond the Brick and I can't fathom why any of these people are considered charismatic enough to switch between youtube channels. Is it just me that finds that kind of odd and incestuous?

I cant watch BtB because the lead guy Joshua is such a douchey douche.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

So I just realized what Lego is asking for the Liebherr Technic Excavator...

Since I am not interested in any of the other technic sets which are going to be released, I guess I'll get it sometime around christmas or so, in the hopes the price droped a bit. It better be really good for that amount of money. I know it has seven motors and the new bluetooth controls, but it's still just a semi-big, grey excavator.

And if I see it right, it has fake pneumatic hoses....come on...

e: apparently, the "fake pneumatic hoses" are the power distribution lines to the motors

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waltzing Along posted:

Just a heads up: Walmart has put a bunch of stuff on clearance. Some great deals if your store actually has them.

Ugh, last time that happened there were $25-50 IW Dr Strange sanctums, with Brickseek showing some in several Walmarts. Yet no-one, including staff, could find any of them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Oh wow, this control+ seems kind of interesting but if it only works for specific models, that would be kind of lame.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The_Doctor posted:

Ugh, last time that happened there were $25-50 IW Dr Strange sanctums, with Brickseek showing some in several Walmarts. Yet no-one, including staff, could find any of them.

Yeah. I'm showing the pirate coaster for $20 at a local WM. Of course they don't actually have it in stock. I've considered ordering it for pick-up there. Then cancelling the order at the store once it arrives. Then check out at that price.

But seems like a lot of work to save $30. Especially cuz it would involve about 90 mins of driving.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Install the Wal*Mart app and use that to look up the set for the store in question. If there is no aisle number, they don't really have it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
One night I bounced between 4 different Walmarts on a single stretch of highway. All were showing as having some in stock, none on the shelves anywhere.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Walmart workers will often pull clearance products off shelves and stash them in the back for personal purchase. Don't really blame them for it, but that and shoplifting apparently accounts for inventory discrepancies between Brickseek and the stores.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Walmart bargain shopping only saves money if your time is worthless. :v:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

xzzy posted:

Walmart bargain shopping only saves money if your time is worthless. :v:

I've had pretty good luck in the past but it's so wildly variable that you can't expect to find anything.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Walmart website is worthless but they have the best clearance deals so it’s worth just passing though once in a while. Also you can just order online and not worry about stock issues or have to set foot in a wal Mart.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I like randomly coming across bargains in store. I found the LM2 Emmet’s dream house set for $30 a few months back.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah last time I went to one I found the JP raptor set, which I was already kicking myself for skipping, for almost half off. Usually there’s at least one really good deal on the shelf.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

UCS Y-Wing is 10% off at Amazon. It's not much, but I've just been waiting for an excuse, so it's enough.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Habibi posted:

UCS Y-Wing is 10% off at Amazon. It's not much, but I've just been waiting for an excuse, so it's enough.

Essentially the same thing as buying from Lego w/ double points. Almost.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Essentially the same thing as buying from Lego w/ double points. Almost.

The primary difference is that I had a $140 Amazon gift card, so I didn't feel as bad about it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's a drat good set. Maybe a little bit on the light side as far as UCS goes but the build is fantastic and who doesn't love the Y WIng?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I've been poking around the new VIP, and I saw that it considers Stranger Things to be a set line. I saw the Barb SDCC exclusive minifig, but I wonder if they are planning more sets.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

It's a drat good set. Maybe a little bit on the light side as far as UCS goes but the build is fantastic and who doesn't love the Y WIng?

Still not sure which i prefer. Have both next to each other, and both have somerhing going for them

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Scipiotik posted:

I've been poking around the new VIP, and I saw that it considers Stranger Things to be a set line. I saw the Barb SDCC exclusive minifig, but I wonder if they are planning more sets.

:flashfap:
Stranger Things is my favorite show or movie in the past few years. I'd gobble up any and every set.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

deoju posted:

:flashfap:
Stranger Things is my favorite show or movie in the past few years. I'd gobble up any and every set.

Well, login to the new VIP and do the thing for 25 points that asks what your favorite theme is and pick stranger things. Couldn't hurt.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Will do. Didn't know that was a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

It's a new thing, just went live yesterday, possibly won't work for you, I can't get in to VIP through chrome.

Saw that the stranger things set is currently on backorder, that's probably a good sign for potential future sets.