Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yeah, I mean I really don't know why I need someone to tell me "This Okada guy had a pretty decent match." I guess I just don't want to get invested in something that winds up bad, but it's a silly desire. For something like a WWE show, if I were watching WWE, I would want to know what to watch before hand because it's all pretty hit and miss over there.

I've been sick and busy with work and haven't had the energy to invest in watching NJPW right now. They are the best matches but it takes focus to watch. I've been watching my local Lucha fed live instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

There was a dude on twitter after the BOSJ ended who was pissed because he saw a win-loss chart after the finals took place and was very upset that Shingo's victory was spoiled.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

spoiler: every night of the g1 climax is going to have amazing matches and you should watch them all.

Fake. No-one should watch Fale matches.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gaz-L posted:

A great match can fool you even if you do know. Two examples from the last year I recall are Tanahashi/Okada from Dontaku 2018, where I got fully sucked in right up until the finish, and it wasn't even the spoilers that made me realise it was the end, it was just the work. And Tanahashi/Ospreay vs Golden Lovers from the Road to WK show, where I've watched it like 3 times, and I still think Ospreay's gonna win during it.

Yeah, if something is really great it doesn't matter if you know the ending. I know that Han Solo shows up at the end of Star Wars to save the day, that doesn't change that the scene is really tense and him showing up is hype as gently caress, because they did a good job making it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

Fake. No-one should watch Fale matches.

WRONG. I'm going to suffer through them live so everyone should watch Fale matches.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fale matches make you appreciate the other wrestlers more.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

A great match can fool you even if you do know. Two examples from the last year I recall are Tanahashi/Okada from Dontaku 2018, where I got fully sucked in right up until the finish, and it wasn't even the spoilers that made me realise it was the end, it was just the work. And Tanahashi/Ospreay vs Golden Lovers from the Road to WK show, where I've watched it like 3 times, and I still think Ospreay's gonna win during it.

Yeah I knew the result and they still managed to make me think Ospreay was gonna pin Omega five days before Wrestle Kingdom. What a masterclass.

I hate being spoiled for stuff but really the only reasonable thing to do is not engage at all if you don't want to be spoiled. I subscribed to Cultaholic on and checking my YouTube subs before going to watch the show spoiled me on both Jericho challenging Omega and Jay White beating Tanahashi for the belt. Now I ain't subbed to them anymore. :v: (SPOILER: Major Title Change at NJPW show isn't much of a spoiler warning as it turns out)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

I subscribed to Cultaholic

There's your first mistake

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm a mark for Jack the Jobber, don't at me.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

fale matches make you appreciate the other wrestlers more.

Unironically why I don't mind his matches. Fale vs EVIL was still better than almost anything on a given night of WWE.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, their video for WM34 where Ross spends like a full 90 seconds screaming for Ronda to kill Steph made me laugh pretty hard.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

TTBF posted:

There was a dude on twitter after the BOSJ ended who was pissed because he saw a win-loss chart after the finals took place and was very upset that Shingo's victory was spoiled.

I tend to be a little cautious personally about things that haven't aired yet (although others aren't so things like the tag titles change at the last SEAdLINNNG show I was spoiled on right away; and often in Joshi circles you'll get this show that everyone is waiting for since the one person there live raved about the match which includes mentioning the result) but as soon as something has aired I have no compunctions: especially for stuff streaming live. If someone says that they don't want to be spoiled then I'm not going to be wanker and tweet results at them but if someone comes to me moaning about spoilers because I posted something myself somewhere then I'll laugh at them.

When its a major show that people will watch live then you can't complain really: its your responsibility to remain unspoiled and not others to not talk about something they really want to.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

It was mainly funny because Shingo lost.

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
A website i visited had a post about the BOSJ winner with Will Ospreay's pic in the preview and i was pissed because it spoiled who won. But i also have ruined my short term memory with weed so by the time i got to watch it i forgot the result and was shocked that Opsreay won. So what i am trying to say is that everyone should just smoke more weed.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

fadmonkey posted:

A website i visited had a post about the BOSJ winner with Will Ospreay's pic in the preview and i was pissed because it spoiled who won. But i also have ruined my short term memory with weed so by the time i got to watch it i forgot the result and was shocked that Opsreay won. So what i am trying to say is that everyone should just smoke more weed.

What am I supposed to do about the anxiety though?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Try something with a lower THC level and maybe get a CBD dominant blend

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Anxiety can be caused by the specific strain or the more vague 'type' of weed but if you've found it happens constantly no matter what then you may just be someone who can't/shouldn't do weed. Alcohol is also a pretty good kayfabe enhancer.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Try something with a lower THC level and maybe get a CBD dominant blend

Yeah that works for people where it's legal.

TTBF posted:

Anxiety can be caused by the specific strain or the more vague 'type' of weed but if you've found it happens constantly no matter what then you may just be someone who can't/shouldn't do weed. Alcohol is also a pretty good kayfabe enhancer.

I used to do weed all the time and love it but then sometime around age like, 29, it just stopped turning into a fun time and started being me laying in bed hoping not to die.

I still probably got high at least 100 times after the first time it was bad and it was never good again but it took me a while to unlearn.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Yeah if you can't get a cbd blend you can get cbd flower, concentrate, pure crystalline cbd shipped legally to all 50 states. Just mix it with your regular weed

My faves:
Cbd flower - CBD Hemp Direct and Fields of Hemp

Concentrates and pure cbd:the hemp barn and phytodabs.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
if you have anxiety here is a good strain that is pretty mellow and kept me happy and energized while not making me overly stoned: French Cookies. SmartCart makes a cartridge of this strain and its a great daytime, get poo poo done kind of high. it's not legal where i live either but my guy gets me these and they're great.

edit: im sorry i thought this was the general thread

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

File under dipshits.

https://twitter.com/ewok_schultz/status/1149323427205079041

https://twitter.com/RossMcGee/status/1149324857471131648

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RealKellyKlein/status/1149325594880069632
Like she'd say it about ROH while having a recent selfie wearing their belt right beside the message of how things have gotten better for her lately

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's been almost one year and people are still trying to truther All In ticket sales :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/benmillersb/status/1150115591258161152
https://twitter.com/benmillersb/status/1150127148314722304

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
StubBub is Wolverine's ticket reseller friend.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Benne posted:

It's been almost one year and people are still trying to truther All In ticket sales :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/benmillersb/status/1150115591258161152
https://twitter.com/benmillersb/status/1150127148314722304

Why would anyone care about this?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Ben Miller is at Bad Take Jake levels of "ambitiously stupid"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Something, something, "AEW isn't really popular."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

Ben Miller is at Bad Take Jake levels of "ambitiously stupid"

Ben wrote for the F4W website and Meltzer follows him and gives him inordinate about of attention for reasons.

I've heard Ben is a totally different person in person though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Remember when Ben Miller had a world class meltdown trying to convince people that NXT should be considered a separate company than WWE

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Building looked full and that’s what matters. Everything else is dick waving and pudding contests.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Davros1 posted:

Something, something, "AEW isn't really popular."

This dude vexes me. I'm terribly vexed.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/JStheThird/status/1150266139999477760

https://twitter.com/ProperJam/status/1150266944123092992

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/BlueDakota2012/status/1150251477975347200

Someone drank the independent contractor Koolaid

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

MrBling posted:

https://twitter.com/BlueDakota2012/status/1150251477975347200

Someone drank the independent contractor Koolaid

I've seen a lot of "corporations are people," but "people are corporations" is a new one for me

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

gently caress anyone who didn't like the Joshi 6woman Tag at DoN. Like, you can toss barbs at the others for various things, but that one was amazing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Like, I have my issues with AEW's booking of the women's division so far (too many multiwomans, not enough singles showcases other than the Brandi vanity match, we're still not sure who the top title contenders are supposed to be), but the joshi talent has killed it and gotten over every time. Those matches have consistently been a highlight of the shows.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

People say NXT is good simply because all it is is high spots. High spots are not good. High spots are the reason why wrestling has died. NXT isn't the modern day 1990's ECW its fanboys claim it is. Its actually a place for guys who aren't good enough to become stars in wrestling to pretend they are actually stars that were held back by backstage politics. You also need to understand NXT isn't a separate company and its owned by Vince McMahon. Yes marks you have been worked by senile Vince into thinking its an independent company.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/cdd9pf/people_need_to_understand_nxt_is_not_good/

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

delete that last line

oh i forgot what thread this was.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I didn't read past "should of"