Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
"Francis Gary Powercord" :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Kunster posted:

That particular paper was one of the hardest defenders of Ilhan Omar and Jeremy Corbin during their respective ordeals and was like one of the main targets of the weird astroturfing from other Israeli orgs trying to paint them as Kapos, but sure paint them as the same as Meghan McCain.

yeah its weird that they would do something dumb and need to get owned for it

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Kunster posted:

That particular paper was one of the hardest defenders of Ilhan Omar and Jeremy Corbin during their respective ordeals and was like one of the main targets of the weird astroturfing from other Israeli orgs trying to paint them as Kapos, but sure paint them as the same as Meghan McCain.

https://twitter.com/JewishWorker/status/1149306060852879360?s=20

https://twitter.com/JewishWorker/status/1149309680214261765?s=20

All that over this:

OxySnake posted:

Wait, this is the tweet that people are getting into a froth over?

gently caress twitter is dumb

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

do they think acosta is Jewish?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Groovelord Neato posted:

I guess they think that "secret lizard rulers" are always Jewish? I didn't even know the lizard thing had anything to do with Jews. :shrug:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Groovelord Neato posted:

Eyyy, I'm bein Jewish ova hea

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Again, the Canadian Supreme Court has already ruled that it's not anti-semitic, provided that you believe our political leaders are literally reptiles.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I was thinking through the whole Hunter story that he's a much better fit for the "diamond Joe" Onion treatment. Like he's too upscale for it to fit the white trash mold exactly but it's pretty close otherwise.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

prefect posted:

I guess they think that "secret lizard rulers" are always Jewish? I didn't even know the lizard thing had anything to do with Jews. :shrug:
Apparently that is the issue and I don’t think that’s always accurate. I think it’s a little absurd for the JW to pile on that Tweet and assume Matt is being anti-Semitic.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The only correct take.

https://twitter.com/woke_hoover/status/1149350368536682497?s=19

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's funny seeing people talk about how irony-detached the dirtbag left is when matt is the one who cares the most (and it's why he's the best).

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
one of the origin points of the reptile thing is icke who used/uses it as a byword for protocols type poo poo

but it's so clearly being used as a bad faith cudgel here that it cheapens the whole thing

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Every week, some leftists lose their poo poo because the most popular leftist media doesn't reflect their precise politics. It's tiresome.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kunster posted:

That makes it weirder and more embarrassing!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
It almost makes me think that a ton of leftists are wimpy nerds

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

emdash posted:

one of the origin points of the reptile thing is icke who used/uses it as a byword for protocols type poo poo

but it's so clearly being used as a bad faith cudgel here that it cheapens the whole thing
Right, but it has other conspiracy meanings and it’s just ridiculous to assume Matt is trying to make some anti-Semitic joke.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i'll grant you that reptillians is a weird anti-semitic thing but tbh i found that out long after watching v when i was a kid

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Every week, some leftists lose their poo poo because the most popular leftist media doesn't reflect their precise politics. It's tiresome.

It's why the dirtbag left is cool and good.

Also Matt was 100% correct on I think it was the Pod drat America Neoliberal episode when he said the disagreements between leftists basically comes down to different kinds of posting.

Also to whomever wanted more outside of Chapo episodes with the hosts, the PDA Neoliberalism episode is fantastic.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

Example: this thread two pages ago

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

That makes it weirder and more embarrassing!

When Corbyn got poo poo for skipping over a Friends of Israel event to go do a Passover event with Jewdas, one of the things Jewdas stated when confronted over it, after telling the main press and Blairites and so on, was that they did have a guide on stuff like this, which the Jewish Worker was connected if I recall well.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Rumsfeld the lizard would put Bible quotes in intelligence reports.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Kunster posted:

When Corbyn got poo poo for skipping over a Friends of Israel event to go do a Passover event with Jewdas, one of the things Jewdas stated when confronted over it, after telling the main press and Blairites and so on, was that they did have a guide on stuff like this, which the Jewish Worker was connected if I recall well.

Do you think Matt’s tweet was problematic or antisemetic?

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Not really, I just don't like when people get too defensive about the dry boys and gal.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

According to some goons what Matt did is exactly the same as dropping the N bomb.

Edit: this is just to share the lol not pointed at anyone itt

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 11, 2019

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Like Amber, Matt has the Purestrain Wisdom Knowledge that you should never apologize publicly under any circumstances.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kunster posted:

Not really, I just don't like when people get too defensive about the dry boys and gal.

Which is fair, but this is like a bend-the-knee level bad faith interpretation and in a moment when we have the Holocaust Museum failing to understand the point of "never again" it's extremely disappointing to see as a Jewish person.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good lord this Epstein stuff, and good lord that dismantling of the myth an easy victory against Iran.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Serf posted:

i'll grant you that reptillians is a weird anti-semitic thing but tbh i found that out long after watching v when i was a kid

Oh poo poo, was "V" antisemitic? :ohdear:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

emdash posted:

the key point of the story is that Icke arrived at this conclusion after taking ayahuasca and talking to a previous conspiracy theorist about theories on Nibiru, the lost planet that is now the asteroid belt

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1149367491778482177

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Man, remember when there was this outrage over Umberto Eco supposedly being antisemitic because he wrote a book about how the Protocols of the Elders of Zion were written?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I want a cyberpunk dystopia grey robot jumpsuit, so I can empathize with Matt's stupid fashion desires.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Hey, Felix is on the latest bonus episode of Toilet Penis. :peanut:

https://twitter.com/blockedpartypod/status/1149016666166255616

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Missed that this dude, who has been mad about chapo for a while, went allll the way in under Will's earlier tweet including citing the new berlatsky piece as evidence that chapo is a "gateway to the alt-right"

https://twitter.com/SoellerPower/status/1149360949385674754?s=20

Look up that thread for more if you have brain poisoning like me. Also featuring mugrimm who I feel like I remember from here

anyway, I promise that's the last drama tweet I'll post for today. It was just too much concentrated Posting to ignore

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Looked through that thread and holy poo poo.

It must be absolutely exhausting to be on the ultra woke left.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's fine if you just stay off twitter.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

OxySnake posted:

It must be absolutely exhausting to be on the ultra woke left.
It's much, much easier than actually organizing anything.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

It's fine if you just stay off twitter.

Like Third Way wants? No can do sir!

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
The reason the lizard people theory is such a popular meme is because it's an attractive metaphor. Reptiles are simple, solipsistic creatures concerned only with survival, territory and reproduction. They don't waste energy on relating to others, their brains can't even recognize individuals and can only see other life as something to kill, run from, or gently caress. "Elites are secretly lizards" speaks to the basic and correct intuition that the ultra-powerful are complete loving psychopaths who only pretend to have values for their personal benefit.

The boring and stupid interpretation by anti-Semites, who are racist dullards, is "secret Jews" but you can only tell that someone is using it this way if they, y'know, apply it to Jews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1149380325203763200

:ohdear: