Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
...that put a mental image in my head I’m never going to forget and I shall never forgive you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Just a reminder that TJPW's Princess Cup Tournament final streams live on DDT Universe this evening at a very reasonable 8 PM PT.

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1147461142954094592

Princess Cup Final Round:
Match A winner vs Match B winner

Princess Cup Semi Final Round
Match A: Natsumi Maki vs Mizuki
Match B: Yuna Manase vs Yuka Sakazaki

Shoko Nakajima, Rika Tatsumi & Hikari Noa vs Miyu Yamashita, Maki Itoh & Miu Watanabe
NEO-Biishikigun (Saki-sama & Misao) vs Yuki Aino & Mirai Maiumi
Tenma Nodoka, Raku & Yumi vs Yuki Kamifuku, Himawari Unagi & Mahiro Kiryu
Mina Shirakawa vs Harajuku Pom

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

special guest princess

https://twitter.com/minashirakawa/status/1147651622471794688?s=21

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sasha Banks on the PJ Black plan to contract ducking.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Yuka lost her semi final. TJPW is cancelled.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sendai Girls announced their talent for the UK show during intermission today. If you were hoping for a lot of Japanese talent outside the core roster then I'm sorry to disappoint you because they're only bringing Aiger outside the main four.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

J-Ro posted:

It's all fuel for when the Magical Sugar Rabbits explode. We saw how good a sad face Yuka can make at Fyter fest.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mizuki vs. Yuka to main event Ryogoku Ultimate Party please

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

J-Ro posted:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mizuki won it all tjpw is renewed

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Super No Vacancy posted:

mizuki won it all tjpw is renewed

Yeahhh, the final stretch of that match was real good.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I'll admit part of me was really hoping for a Yuna upset but I already have a ticket to the Osaka September show and I'm not gonna complain about seeing a Shoko/Mizuki title match live.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Sendai Girls announced their talent for the UK show during intermission today. If you were hoping for a lot of Japanese talent outside the core roster then I'm sorry to disappoint you because they're only bringing Aiger outside the main four.

the stuff I've seen doesn't mention Aiger but names a few of the local people on the card and its sort of who you'd expect: Keller Kelly who did that brief tour in Japan last year but is officially WWE; but also Valkyrie (Irish wrestler who's done wXw and a bunch of OTT), Kay Lee Ray and Martina who pops up literally everywhere. So basically its sort of what I expected: a British women's show with the Sendai talent on top - assuming that they don't add anyone else which, well, if they were going to they'd have announced it I guess.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

I always come from a position where if there isn’t a formal announcement it isn’t happening so I’m sceptical about the idea of TAKA working with Stardom - although if it happens it’d be pretty loving cool!

Utami and Rossy did in fact show up today and the match is happening at the second JTO Korakuen. Also TAKA's second joshi rookie Tomoka Inaba challenged Minoru Suzuki because apparently Utami is easy mode for these girls.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Looking forward to that - always great when Stardom people get to work in other places and it’s kind of appropriate that Utami’s first Japanese match outside Stardom should be against a seemingly very talented rookie in like her third match. If they keep putting women in prominent positions then I’ll be a big fan of them: at least they are doing it properly.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQqK1ULrfM

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

http://www.shimmerwrestling.com/2019/04/the-summit-august-10th-in-toronto.html Aug 10 in Toronto is The Summit, a women's wrestling event collab between SHIMMER, Smash Wrestling, RISE and Femmes Fatales

A month away and the full card's now known for The Summit

KC Spinelli vs Rosemary for the vacant Smash women's title
Nicole Savoy defends the SHIMMER title against Nicole Matthews
Zoe Lucas defends the Phoenix of RISE title against Aerial Monroe
Mercedes Martinez defends the Femmes Fatales title against Jordynne Grace
Allysin Kay vs Cheerleader Melissa, LuFisto and Priscilla Kelly in a fatal fourway
Delilah Doom vs Shotzi Blackheart
Ashley Vox vs Veda Scott
Delmi Exo vs Dust
Alexia Nicole and Meave O'Farrell vs Jody Threat and Mary Lee Rose in a dark tag match

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Booking Delmi in a singles match on purpose is certainly a thing you can do, I suppose.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

A month away and the full card's now known for The Summit

KC Spinelli vs Rosemary for the vacant Smash women's title
Nicole Savoy defends the SHIMMER title against Nicole Matthews
Zoe Lucas defends the Phoenix of RISE title against Aerial Monroe
Mercedes Martinez defends the Femmes Fatales title against Jordynne Grace
Allysin Kay vs Cheerleader Melissa, LuFisto and Priscilla Kelly in a fatal fourway
Delilah Doom vs Shotzi Blackheart
Ashley Vox vs Veda Scott
Delmi Exo vs Dust
Alexia Nicole and Meave O'Farrell vs Jody Threat and Mary Lee Rose in a dark tag match

I'm going to this! It's at 11am on a Saturday but that card looks more than worth it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Fightclubpro/status/1149748638769434625

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I mean that’s the match I’d book with the talent they’re bringing in and the stip I’d have as well: they both had a good match at Eve last year and they seem to have good chemistry plus, like, you can’t book that match and not have it be No DQ if it’s a one time only deal.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Syuri is returning to wrestle Shida at her produce show to mark leaving Japan.

https://twitter.com/ProresuToday/status/1150009359549681664?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tokyo Joshi Pro getting a new belt: International Princess Champion!

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1150974053164843008

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Syuri is returning to wrestle Shida at her produce show to mark leaving Japan.

https://twitter.com/ProresuToday/status/1150009359549681664?s=19

Makato is gonna be on that show too? I'll have to track that down.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Makoto wrestles everywhere. Her manager Matsuzawa-san is the real star though.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Marvelous are doing another set of pro tests at their show on 22nd July. For those who don't know what the pro test entails: it depends on the company but generally it works as a final exam to determine whether someone is ready to debut as a pro wrestler. Most companies do these behind closed doors and their generally secretive so we only hear if someone passes and not about failures: Stardom put Utami's on Stardom World before they switched the site and lost their old archive and it was an interesting watch.

Marvelous, however, do theirs at the start of some of their shows as basically a pre-show bonus. Based on the last ones to air (they have one on YouTube which was from June last year; was the third and final try for Mikoto Shindo and Mei Hoshizuki who both passed, plus the first try from their other rookie Maria who struggles significantly through the whole thing and failed; only to pass second time) its pretty drat gruelling: starting with a million squats (didn't count the exact number but they're going for seven minutes straight at like one every second or two so you can probably work it out), then various other exercises, then a series of rolls, cartwheels, flips and basic gynmastics type stuff that you use a lot in wrestling; then a series of taking bumps, doing dropkicks to no one and running the ropes and after all of that rather exhausting stuff... a series of shoot grappling/wrestling exhibitions against senior members of the roster. These are total shoots: people do fail them; but it just works out to be a clever way of getting their rookies a little over before they debut. Plus considering the quality of their rookies since they started the process clearly works!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wait, hold up, Stardom lost their archive?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

coconono posted:

Wait, hold up, Stardom lost their archive?

Yeah, they added to their website a search function for the archives but the cost of this was the entire archives. They raised the price of the World service for this and called it an upgrade.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

They haven’t lost it: it just isn’t on the new site. Could have worded that a little better!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

All of the Japanese talent coming to the U.K. have matches for next week now: they announced Aiger vs Martina which is... an appropriate match; can’t think of what else I’d want with the other UK talent

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I watched my first two joshi matches this year. SAKI and Saori Anou vs. Ayumi Hayashi and Momo Tani from Act'wres Girlz in May seemed like a real average match, though I liked Saori Anou's gimmick work. Tam Nakano vs. Arisa Hoshiki in Stardom on 6/16 was a great match on the lower end of my MOTYC line. Looking forward to checking more stuff out when the G1 allows.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tam is one of my fave Joshis because she's tiny and cute but will also bust out exploding poo poo if you test her. Not really sure about her singing tho.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I really like Tam & Arisa. Both looked like great workers with charisma & fire.

I felt like Hayashi and Tani were both really bland and uninteresting, and that SAKI and Anou weren't going all out, despite it being on a list of the best matches of the year by Joshi City.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

coconono posted:

Tam is one of my fave Joshis because she's tiny and cute but will also bust out exploding poo poo if you test her. Not really sure about her singing tho.

So I only found this out about Tam yesterday, and my interest in her shot up exponentially. Would someone please be so kind as to post some matches where Tam blows poo poo up tia.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rodney the Piper posted:

I watched my first two joshi matches this year. SAKI and Saori Anou vs. Ayumi Hayashi and Momo Tani from Act'wres Girlz in May seemed like a real average match, though I liked Saori Anou's gimmick work. Tam Nakano vs. Arisa Hoshiki in Stardom on 6/16 was a great match on the lower end of my MOTYC line. Looking forward to checking more stuff out when the G1 allows.

How was the first match you chanced upon a random tag from AWG?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’m in full-on tournament frenzy right now due to the G1. Do any of the Joshi promotions have an annual big tournament? Could be round robin or something else, basically just a tournament that’s on the level of G1 in terms of importance and workrate.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

I’m in full-on tournament frenzy right now due to the G1. Do any of the Joshi promotions have an annual big tournament? Could be round robin or something else, basically just a tournament that’s on the level of G1 in terms of importance and workrate.

As far as round robins go, Stardom's 5 Star Grand Prix will start right after the G1. There's also Catch the WAVE but since the reboot there's been no sign of the WAVE Network so we only have random shows uploaded to niconico.

There's the Tokyo Princess Cup every year when it comes to knockout tournaments.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

As far as round robins go, Stardom's 5 Star Grand Prix will start right after the G1. There's also Catch the WAVE but since the reboot there's been no sign of the WAVE Network so we only have random shows uploaded to niconico.

There's the Tokyo Princess Cup every year when it comes to knockout tournaments.

Guess I’m signing up for STARDOM after G1 wraps up, then!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've been so far out of the loop on STARDOM lately but the 5*GP is the perfect time to get back into things. Last year was my first one and it ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NuclearPotato posted:

So I only found this out about Tam yesterday, and my interest in her shot up exponentially. Would someone please be so kind as to post some matches where Tam blows poo poo up tia.

She did an exploding bat match with Io Shirai on Stardom's old archive(2018.4.1). She was a tag partner to Onita for a series of his explodey stuffs.