Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk7hxt-5HQA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyovT7yt4X4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LJ4oS5aNlE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i hate this

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
https://twitter.com/godless_sardina/status/1151763828893335552

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
https://twitter.com/Herzspalter/status/1150885917672005632?s=19

The artist draws spoil-y stuff so I won't link it in the anime thread but I like it so here you go.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://mangadex.org/chapter/665696/1

You ok there Araki???

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I’ve got no idea how Speed King or Paper Moon are supposed to work anymore.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I think Speed King's entire thing is that it can create a pinpoint amount of heat, and it never cools down and stays at that temperature no matter what, and if touched, it moves to where you touch it. That's all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I think Speed King's entire thing is that it can create a pinpoint amount of heat, and it never cools down and stays at that temperature no matter what, and if touched, it moves to where you touch it. That's all.

I'm just tripped up by the "not a large amount of heat" part. I guess Jobin is just being really generous with what he considers as "not a lot"?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 19, 2019

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
So Speed King can pause the Laws of Thermodynamics at will, and then unpause it when that heat builds up enough?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess the easiest way to think of it is like a heat virus.

EDIT: So that's what Jobin was trying to do to Josuke at the end of the beetle fight huh? What a dick. I mean he probably would've stopped it before Josuke died but still

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 19, 2019

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's like when you touch a hot car and pull away except now you're on fire

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

If you can make someone have plant blindness and face blindness I guess the next step is cliff blindness and window shard blindness.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Speed King is cool and makes a relative amount of sense i guess. i love how mad hosed up it looks

Paper Moon King I have no idea what's going on. gonna need a Let's Read Part 8 thread so someone can explain it all to me

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
That's final boss material if I've ever seen it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Okay I guess this is new trick of Speed King's isn't totally out of nowhere

i don't know why they keep saying the heat is "just a little"

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
What if it's "just a little" at first, but the heat stacks every time he does it, so it builds up to that? :thunk:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I can't believe Speed King actually does something

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i guess he was a man of the jacuzzi in the end

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

goblin week posted:

I can't believe Speed King actually does something
I can't believe Holly got namedropped.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Looks like Speed King is a bit similar to Killer Queen, then. His ability kinda creates heat traps; you touch them, and a whole bunch of focussed heat gets unleashed on some vital blood vessels all at once. Instead of getting exploded, you get boiled alive. That's pretty nasty all by itself, but I bet there's a reason it's heat, specifically; heating specific points with pin-point accuracy should have some other bizarre uses, like warping structural integrity or such. I'm really starting to think Jobin will be the final boss - he's definitely the most developed and interesting antagonists of Part 8, and we're starting to see how this pampered rich boy cracks under pressure...
Maybe Kaato will be the one to push him over the edge, somehow. As much as I'd like a female big boss for a change, she just doesn't have a lot going for her so far, and I believe we're firmly in end boss reveal territory right now...

Funny how Jacuzzi man would've gotten away with everything if he hadn't stolen that money, haha

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
For Speed King, my interpretation is that in a given location, heat doesn't dissipate. So from body heat going through a blood vessel, or from the heat of the sun on something, it just continues to build and build and build. Because it isn't dissipating, it doesn't radiate heat so you can't even tell it's hot until you touch it. Once it's touched, it activate and goes normal so this heat that was building becomes an enormous problem.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*playing in background as Jobin strangles Tsurugi*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_o-N0fhZ0

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Can Of Worms posted:

I can't believe Holly got namedropped.

Who?????

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

YggiDee posted:

https://twitter.com/Herzspalter/status/1150885917672005632?s=19

The artist draws spoil-y stuff so I won't link it in the anime thread but I like it so here you go.

This shouldn't get buried by the new chapter, since the artist is really extremely good.

Also relevant:
https://twitter.com/Herzspalter/status/1145102722775040005

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So Speed King is basically Killer Queen but instead of explosions, it's just heat.

Cool.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just a little, though.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the heat is not very much, th-*blood fountaining from eyes and nose as entire brain flashmelts like he posted too much*

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Brought To You By posted:

Gotta have it tie into space-time somehow for a final boss.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Patware posted:

the heat is not very much, th-*blood fountaining from eyes and nose as entire brain flashmelts like he posted too much*

Pfft, I don't need a stand to do that, I just have to go outside

:negative:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Much like how a few degrees of global warming doesn't sound intimidating to Americans, remember that there's like 1.8 degrees of Fahrenheit per Celsius.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Araki read about how a few degrees of global warming doesn't sound intimidating to people and wanted to make a terrifying power of just a few degrees of very localized warming.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Now I want a Killer Queen and Speed King showdown and it has a decent chance of actually happening.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Next chapter is 89.

Seriously.

89 chapters long.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it feels like we've been here forever

part 7 was 95 chapters

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Expect My Mom posted:

it feels like we've been here forever

part 7 was 95 chapters

And a portion of those chapters were weekly!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

oh my god, he wasn't a man of the land or a man of the sea, so his body's in a swimming pool

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Brought To You By posted:

But it can't mess with time.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

TheLoneStar posted:

But it can't mess with time.

not yet. he's gonna do a rokakaka fusion with someone else and combine Stand abilities

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
fuse with kato, let's get weird

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speed King is going to evolve into King Crimson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

not yet. he's gonna do a rokakaka fusion with someone else and combine Stand abilities

Nut King Call: i can't think of any particularly wild power for this to create with Speed King which means there's probably something really wild

Paper Moon King: lose the ability to differentiate between heat! i mean pretty scary but not boss scary

King Nothing: alright being able to throw scent-tracking jigsaw pieces carrying not that much trapped heat over an unknown upper limit of distance is extremely terrifying. this is like fusing josuke's glass shard attack to kira's exploding air bubbles

California King Bed: if you fuss over joubin a small amount of your heat shoots out of your eye in a chess piece???????

Walking Heart: taking foot fetishes to enticing new heights

Awaking III Leaves: at this point that'd just be freely controlling heat (only a little), huh

Kaato's Stand: pick a card, any card. you pulled the jack of a tiny quantity of heat

real talk if this is where we're going i feel like fusing with norisuke's dead body or whatever's the best bet.