Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

I've been following this and liked it. I'm glad it kinda leaves it ambiguous on if she'll go to jail or not, since there isn't really any evidence she could use to prove herself guilty.

A confession's enough with Japan's legal system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Caitlin posted:

I did a whole episode of the Retronauts podcast about Ranma 1/2 games and talked a little about how Ranma is definitely problematic at times but also hugely important to a lot of queer weebs :toot: Massively progressive but not perfect!

oh my gosh i remember playing a translated snes game ages ago. I really need to find that again!

And Bones of an Invisible Person's ending is definitely bittersweet since you just know that someone saying they'll be waiting for her to get out is just an empty promise, especially since they are just kids. Both of them'll grow and change in the intervening years and they only knew each other for less than a year, yeah?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

hm are there any other nerd tomboy gets a hot 7 foot tall boyfriend wish fulfillment series out there?

i will also accept nerd tomboy gets a hot 7 foot tall girlfriend series

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

oh my gosh i remember playing a translated snes game ages ago. I really need to find that again!

And Bones of an Invisible Person's ending is definitely bittersweet since you just know that someone saying they'll be waiting for her to get out is just an empty promise, especially since they are just kids. Both of them'll grow and change in the intervening years and they only knew each other for less than a year, yeah?

Well here's the episode (no obligation to listen but it is a whole list of almost every game so it should be included in the list) : https://retronauts.com/article/893/episode-158-visits-the-cursed-pools-of-jusenkyo-to-discuss-ranma-1-2

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Captain Invictus posted:

I really wish this updated more often, every single page is great

I love that tomboy girlfriend consistently looks like a gremlin but elf boyfriend is utterly wrapped around her finger.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://mangadex.org/title/28893/koushin-koinu-ni-koibumi-wo

Found this Yuri manga set in what looks like a Meiji-era millitary academy, of all places. I'm still not entirely sure how I feel or how the story *wants* me to feel about its setting, but the art's pretty nice and there's enough interesting dynamics going on for me to at least keep my eye on it.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Caitlin posted:

Well here's the episode (no obligation to listen but it is a whole list of almost every game so it should be included in the list) : https://retronauts.com/article/893/episode-158-visits-the-cursed-pools-of-jusenkyo-to-discuss-ranma-1-2

Aha-- this is it!

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/404/

I need to replay this for sure

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Terper posted:

A confession's enough with Japan's legal system.

Huh, that definitely spins it to be sadder. :smith:

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Almost certainly. On the other hand, if she landed a decent defense attorney maybe she'd get leniency based on the probability for reform? :shrug:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
So it's like Swap<->Swap but gay and het at the same time, and kinda dark.

I feel like I'm going to hate it by Ch.10, but it's intriguing enough to follow for now.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Clitch posted:

I feel like I'm going to hate it by Ch.10, but it's intriguing enough to follow for now.

While it seems like this could turn into a trainwreck later, I'm enjoying this for now. Compared to most other body swapping stories, it seems like the two protagonists desperately want to be in each other's bodies, which adds an interesting dynamic to the plot. When Hina actually finds out how much stronger Ren is in chapter 3 was an enjoyable read.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

L-O-N posted:

While it seems like this could turn into a trainwreck later, I'm enjoying this for now. Compared to most other body swapping stories, it seems like the two protagonists desperately want to be in each other's bodies, which adds an interesting dynamic to the plot. When Hina actually finds out how much stronger Ren is in chapter 3 was an enjoyable read.

I kinda read it as they hate that they're in each other bodies because it means they can't "really" be with the person they want to be.

Clitch posted:

I love kinda dark things. :toot:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Angel and Demon in love got an update and it's appropriate that following a chapter titled "The Pink Demons" this one is about a green eyed monster.
Possibly evil older sister showing up cannot be good

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Cuntellectual posted:

I love kinda dark things. :toot:

I love a good story willing to explore that sexual grey space, but the tendency for it to go badly makes me really anxious while I'm reading it.

I'm still impressed with how deft and honest Teacher's White Lie was.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

And also

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://mangadex.org/title/17801/ashi-girl

somebodys been updating ashi girl and its great

read if you like: shogun 2 and goofy love obsessed tomboys

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Got the new volume of Yuri Is My Job today - it's not quite as good as volume 3 but it's still pretty strong. Sumika and Kanoko become yet another Romantic Side Couple That's Way More Compelling Than The Leads - and I like the leads pretty well. Curious to see what the next volume'll bring now that all four of our MCs have had a pretty firm introductory arc.

I'm reading volume 3 and boy are all of these girls messes, Kanoko especially.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

I'm reading volume 3 and boy are all of these girls messes, Kanoko especially.

She is, as they say, a mood

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

She is, as they say, a mood
:mood:
EDIT: In case anyone's looking for alternative titles for that manga, look for watashi no yuri wa oshigotodesu!

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 28, 2019

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

DisDisDis posted:

hm are there any other nerd tomboy gets a hot 7 foot tall boyfriend wish fulfillment series out there?

There’s this. Five volumes total, sold in English by Yenpress.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

In this vein, what's the name of that manga with the Otaku/Fujoshi high school couple? I lost track of it months ago.

Clitch fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 28, 2019

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Useless princess? I think?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That's the one I've been reading, yeah.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Clitch posted:

I'm this vein, what's the name of that manga with the Otaku/Fujoshi high school couple? I lost track of it months ago.

https://mangadex.org/title/23795/otakare-fujokano

This one? Looks like it hasn't gotten a new translation in several months.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

HMS Beagle posted:

https://mangadex.org/title/23795/otakare-fujokano

This one? Looks like it hasn't gotten a new translation in several months.

Bingo! Looks like it's in scanlator hell. Felt like it was just getting good too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
so do you wanna go out, or

thank you for coming

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
:rimshot:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
More Bakarina competition

This one is starting out fun.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

She's like sleepy princess' cousin

E: Oh wait no that escalated

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jul 29, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is some looney tunes poo poo and I'm all for it

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah what the gently caress I need more of that. A dumb thing sticking out in my head is the fact that despite how her father is terrified of her, he still took her hunting and had her learn to use a deadly weapon.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Oh yeah, I've been reading the novel translation of Slow Prison life and can attest to its quality of pure shenanigans, it's awesome. The first chapter of the manga encapsulates a bunch of chapters from the novel already and that makes me excited.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Glagha posted:

Yeah what the gently caress I need more of that. A dumb thing sticking out in my head is the fact that despite how her father is terrified of her, he still took her hunting and had her learn to use a deadly weapon.

Guess its meant to imply the two have a close relationship despite the dad's terror at her little monster of a daughter, and that he sometimes makes bad decisions regarding her? She did seem to look up to him when she was younger at least, based on the flashback - and instead of talking about how morally wrong trying to drown a boy was, he taught her about physics, so there's the 'bad decisions' part explained as well.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
finally a new josei manga worth reading

Ii ne! Hikaru Genji-kun
Even though this is a story from the recent past…a man who suddenly appeared in my room seems to be “Hikaru Genji.” Yes, the one from the Heian period, the insanely popular young nobleman who is the main character of “Genji Monogatari.”
At first I thought he was a suspicious guy in cosplay, but after I had bashed him over the head with a metal bat, I decided to watch over him for a little bit. Soon he became like a parasite, and if he weren’t so elegant and shy…
Everyday life has become fun. He started posting waka and such on Twitter, and soon he had lots of followers.
That guy really likes women. But he hasn’t laid a finger on me. Oh! But it’s not as if I want him to!
Well, I really don’t know why, but it seems as if a gorgeous NEET has come to live with me…?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Guess its meant to imply the two have a close relationship despite the dad's terror at her little monster of a daughter, and that he sometimes makes bad decisions regarding her? She did seem to look up to him when she was younger at least, based on the flashback - and instead of talking about how morally wrong trying to drown a boy was, he taught her about physics, so there's the 'bad decisions' part explained as well.

Well I think they were leaning into the psychopathy thing in that she literally doesn't empathize with people so he took that route because he recognized that a moral argument would fail. That and the reason why he tried to teach her moral behavior by treating it like a game. Anyway, yeah I know it's just they have a good relationship, I just feel like you should keep sharp objects away from the woman that you genuinely fear might murder someone.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
his reaction to finding her trying to murder a boy was to explain the physics behind it. he probably doesn't cope well with terror, is all.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

"Oh my god, my villainess daughter is actually a super villainess!"

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1155937044360658944?s=19

Gonna be 5 volumes

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

finally a new josei manga worth reading

Ii ne! Hikaru Genji-kun
Even though this is a story from the recent past…a man who suddenly appeared in my room seems to be “Hikaru Genji.” Yes, the one from the Heian period, the insanely popular young nobleman who is the main character of “Genji Monogatari.”
At first I thought he was a suspicious guy in cosplay, but after I had bashed him over the head with a metal bat, I decided to watch over him for a little bit. Soon he became like a parasite, and if he weren’t so elegant and shy…
Everyday life has become fun. He started posting waka and such on Twitter, and soon he had lots of followers.
That guy really likes women. But he hasn’t laid a finger on me. Oh! But it’s not as if I want him to!
Well, I really don’t know why, but it seems as if a gorgeous NEET has come to live with me…?

I love Est Em's art since it stands out and it's great :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
yeah my process upon finding that one was reading the description and thinking oh that sounds fun then noticing it was by est em and jamming the first chapter link as hard as i could