Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

I really recommend re-reading JoJolion with the color scans. Some people might dislike them and that's fair, but not only do they help me keep track of action more, I think just the violently surreal color palette makes a stronger tone for me,

The purple grass and blue trees in the second one is so good.

That second one highlights some really exceptional composition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009

BaDandy posted:

These Colored Adventures make reading through Jojolion from the beginning really fresh.

Who remembers the sense of utter dread they got when the name "Yoshikage Kira" turns up, and then you go to his apartment and see the Mona Lisa right there? :stonk:

edit: UGH I MISSED THE HAND STATUE RIGHT NEXT TO IT!! UGH!!!!

gently caress yeah. For all it's flaws Jojolion has had some amazing moments. Thanks for reminding me about that one. Gonna go back and read them coloured scans now

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

so is the finale worth watching for someone who has always considered the end of part 5 to be sort of a wet fart to the point where they haven't even watched the last couple episodes before it as of yet

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I mean it's the same as the manga so watch it if you want i guess.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The OP is pretty great.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if there's neat stuff going on anime-wise then i'll probably look into it, i just kind of lost enthusiasm once i remembered that giorno was about to go super saiyan

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

FWIW I enjoyed ep 39, it's a nice bookend to part 5 not just thematically but also it reminds you this story had fun characters and cool fights before all the arrow nonsense began.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Requiem stands seem kind of op for the setting

Like theres so many goddamn arrows lying around, pretend I remade kc Green's wizard and magic shotguns comic but with enya or dio and magic arrows, and the first time a Requiem stand happened was on complete accident so making one is not always this hard. It's a wonder that before pucci pulled off his scheme that the world hadn't already ended a hundred times over by berserk Requiem stands with completely nonsense powers, especially back in part 4 where stands were being handed out like candy.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's kind of a reason why araki never brings them up again, thank god

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the latest Araki Says

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Even after watching it in motion I'm still not entirely clear about Rolling Stones. There was no reason for Mista to freak out so much over Bruno touching it, right? Rolling Stones doesn't actually do anything? It just predicts your death?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Even after watching it in motion I'm still not entirely clear about Rolling Stones. There was no reason for Mista to freak out so much over Bruno touching it, right? Rolling Stones doesn't actually do anything? It just predicts your death?

Granted I haven't seen the episode yet but I seem to remember the manga making it clear that if it touches its "target" it kills them.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Touching the stone if your image is on it means it kills you quickly and peacefully now instead of when you're supposed to die. So if Bruno touched it then, it would have flung him out the window and onto the pavement, crushing him.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

If the target accepts the rock they die peacefully without pain, and apparently benefitting those significant to them, as shown by the florist's daughter. Fighting against their destiny shown in the rock guarantees suffering.

Mista destroying the rock and being unable to explain what happened is what set Bruno on the path to investigating Leaky Eye Luca and Giorno, and thus the events of Part 5, also sealing Abacchio and Narancia's fate as well, as shown by the rock morphing into them before fading away.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

BaDandy posted:

Touching the stone if your image is on it means it kills you quickly and peacefully now instead of when you're supposed to die. So if Bruno touched it then, it would have flung him out the window and onto the pavement, crushing him.

Ah right

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Requiem stands seem kind of op for the setting

Like theres so many goddamn arrows lying around, pretend I remade kc Green's wizard and magic shotguns comic but with enya or dio and magic arrows, and the first time a Requiem stand happened was on complete accident so making one is not always this hard. It's a wonder that before pucci pulled off his scheme that the world hadn't already ended a hundred times over by berserk Requiem stands with completely nonsense powers, especially back in part 4 where stands were being handed out like candy.

Nobody told Jotaro about them or else Stone Ocean would have lasted until he got to the jail, maybe.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

My reading of it is that touching the rock would somehow psychically clue Bruno in on when and how he would die, and super-compel him to suicide or something.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Rock Fall, Almost Everyone Diss

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

So will it be one or two years until Stone Ocean?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/maniamarshmallo/status/1155535279178027008

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Pootybutt posted:

My reading of it is that touching the rock would somehow psychically clue Bruno in on when and how he would die, and super-compel him to suicide or something.

Actually knowing your fate and eventual death grants you peace and allows you to accept death contentedly, god it's like you didn't read Stone Ocean at all

(for reals though there's no way Bruno would take the easy way out when his crew is depending on him, his entire arc is about any and all amounts of poo poo to save his dudes)

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Darko posted:

Nobody told Jotaro about them or else Stone Ocean would have lasted until he got to the jail, maybe.

Looking forward to the grand series finale in Part 9 where, after the timelines got merged somehow, DIO implants his head on the Holy Corpse, uses the Rokakaka to fuse with Kars and brings out his Stand 「Made in Heaven Bites the Dust Requiem」.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

multijoe posted:

Actually knowing your fate and eventual death grants you peace and allows you to accept death contentedly, god it's like you didn't read Stone Ocean at all

(for reals though there's no way Bruno would take the easy way out when his crew is depending on him, his entire arc is about any and all amounts of poo poo to save his dudes)

There's no way he would NOW, Mista saved him(while dooming two more of them in the process).

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

When the gently caress is Mickey?

Edit: Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to Part 6. So many cool stands, Jolyne's great and Pucci is just a breath of fresh air after putting up with Diovolo for so long.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 28, 2019

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

DemoneeHo posted:

So will it be one or two years until Stone Ocean?

who knows: David Pro tends to only work on 2 projects at a time, and right now they're doing Fire Force and Ensemble Stars (with a Strike Witches anime announced for next year)

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

What will we do to fill the anime void until Steel Ball Run gets animated?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TheLoneStar posted:

What will we do to fill the anime void until Steel Ball Run gets animated?

*Pounds fists on table* Steel Ball Read

STEEL BALL READ

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Someone brought up the hilarious Jesus imagery with Scolippi and lol we really do need Steel Ball Read.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Hell yeah. Steel Ball Read when?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

Someone brought up the hilarious Jesus imagery with Scolippi and lol we really do need Steel Ball Read.

I was laughing at that and barely avoided the urge to make snippy winks about it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Waffleman_ posted:

*Pounds fists on table* Steel Ball Read

STEEL BALL READ

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

read my balls: no new steel

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
"If your heart is Wavering, do not shoot"? Oh, no they got this all wrong.

"If your heart is Wavering: do not. Shoot!"

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Who Shot Mr. Joestar?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Assassination of Funny Valentine By The Coward Johnny Joestar

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'd say wait until the Part 5 anime's body gets at least a little cold before starting the Part 7 thread, but i'm not anyone's dad, I can't stop you

Unless we wanna do the Let's Read in the manga thread. I'd like the thread to be as much for anime people wanting something to hold them over between the next season as much as it is for us, but that might not be tenable with how much we careen into spoilers

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

having its own thread would 100% be the way to go

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

BRING ON THE GAY GIRLS

STONE OCEAN WHERE YOU AT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I cannot wait for anime people to finally learn that Jotaro was not only married during part 4, but that he also had a daughter at that point.