Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
give me my weird 40 year old man boy
https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1155450095262765056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

BRING ON THE GAY GIRLS

STONE OCEAN WHERE YOU AT

One of my beefs with Stone Ocean is that there are in fact no gay girls and the one gay girl there could have been was redrawn into a dude.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
They're gay because I say so. Master of my own mind, no-one can take that from me.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I guess I have about 1.5 years or so to think of stupid jokes for the anime thread about how some of the Stone Ocean party members are criminals and scum.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Szmitten posted:

One of my beefs with Stone Ocean is that there are in fact no gay girls and the one gay girl there could have been was redrawn into a dude.

Jolyne is jealous that snails can have sex with anything they want, she is at least a Baby Bi if I've ever seen one. :colbert:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Szmitten posted:

expand your mind

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Annasui is one of my biggest beefs with part 6 in general

My other beef is the ending

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You fools

Jolyne Cujoh is a pansexual icon

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Irene and Diana dump Annakiss's fuckboy rear end on the highway and go on to live their best lives with their son and jar of plankton.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Szmitten posted:

They're fuckin gay!!!!!!!

It's been a day, unleash them already!!!!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'll probably post that manga "hahaha SPIDER-MAN!" picture when Stone Ocean's abilities get shown off, then quote my own post during Bohemian Rhapsody

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The green dolphin prison gang has Powerful Bisexual Energy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I just realized that the first time we see both Jotaro and his daughter, they're both in jail i am loving stupid

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i've reviewed the facts and they're all gay

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Jolyne is who Jotaro wanted to be - he loved acting like a cool punk who feigned a bunch of cool punk attitudes, like parental rebellion, going to prison (that he put himself in over,) being kind of a jerk in general, but never really stuck the landing. Jolyne is a cool punk who genuinely hates her dad, went to prison but like, for real, sent there because of a lovely lawyer, and is a jerk but like, not the same kind. It's targeted, it's not like she's acting like she just hates everyone.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

YF-23 posted:

That's what I mean though; had Bruno touched the rock he would have seen his death and accepted his fate, so when he died in Venice he would have passed on because he knows that's it. But because he doesn't know, he's able to take the lease on life Giorno gives him and keep pushing his dying body forward. He's able to "challenge" fate and push for his ambitions.

As for it being more interested if it was presented as a choice... the idea I got from Rolling Stone is that to know fate is to accept fate. Once you know your death, what otherwise felt like infinite possibilities, your "potential", any ambitions, they are no longer in your grasp. When Doppio is fighting Risotto and sees a foot flying off in Epitaph, there is a moment of resignation that is only overcome because it is not actually Doppio's "fate".

From the other thread but I can't wait til everyone gets to That Part in Stone Ocean.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Cant wait for the anime thread to witness twink Dio

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Can't wait to see DIO and Pucci's bedtime stories in animation

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Cant wait for the anime thread to witness twunk Dio

:colbert:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Cant wait for the anime thread to witness twink Dio

But they've already seen Giorno :v:

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

overmind2000 posted:

But they've already seen Giorno :v:
All the most intelligent JoJo fans realize that Giorno is actually Jonathan's son as he spawned from his balls.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TheLoneStar posted:

All the most intelligent JoJo fans realize that Giorno is actually Jonathan's son as he spawned from his balls.

Wryyy's stored in the balls :colbert:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

he's actually the son of both

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Giorno comes from the right ball, his siblings from the left one

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That's not fair to them. They never received the validation of a greatful gangstar.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Can someone who knows about western comics tell me, isn't what Gold Experience Requiem did to Diavolo basically Darkseid's Omega Sanction power?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Can someone who knows about western comics tell me, isn't what Gold Experience Requiem did to Diavolo basically Darkseid's Omega Sanction power?

Sort of. omega sanction makes you live out the worst possible lifetimes you could have forever, while diavolo is just experiencing death forever. It's still absolutely not heroic power.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Sort of. omega sanction makes you live out the worst possible lifetimes you could have forever, while diavolo is just experiencing death forever. It's still absolutely not heroic power.

It's really something worthy of someone much worse than Diavolo. Like Cioccolata. Or Funny Valentine.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Don't worry, Diavolo's extended stay in Hell only lasts 11 years.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1156168360364847104?s=20

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Johnny and Polnareff at the 2020 Paralympic Games

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

It's really something worthy of someone much worse than Diavolo. Like Cioccolata. Or Funny Valentine.

It's an absolutely horrific power that should be used against anyone, though it really does speak to Giorno's personality that given unlimited power he develops a Stand that lets him be Old Testament God and sentence those he deems unworthy to eternal damnation.

God what a loathsome character.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

special jesus variant 'old testament jesus' now available in your favorite gacha game in twink form

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

multijoe posted:

It's an absolutely horrific power that should be used against anyone, though it really does speak to Giorno's personality that given unlimited power he develops a Stand that lets him be Old Testament God and sentence those he deems unworthy to eternal damnation.

Dude didn't know what GER did, he didn't choose his stand

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
GioGio is a good and nice crime boy

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah also it's not like the whole requiem thing is super conscious on the stand user's part, i doubt polnareff was really hype on the idea of loving everything around him falling asleep and switching souls

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Dude didn't know what GER did, he didn't choose his stand

Stands are a manifestation of their user's soul and reflect their personality, even if only subconsciously

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

multijoe posted:

Nah, gently caress Diavolo

edit: Like, the power itself (undoing actions) is purely defensive and only throws Diavolo into an endless hell spiral if you kill him with it because nothing can "undo" death, so that's a HUGE reach you've got there but again, gently caress Diavolo, actually.

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 30, 2019

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

is he going to make the posters as homoerotic as your average SBR cover?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Let's all just take a minute to appreicate how Giorno, Rikiel and Donatello all came out handsome.

And Ungalo just looks like...that.