Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Diavolo was a lovely villain and he deserves getting punted into hell by a deus ex machina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Giornio is a shallow enough character that I mostly just chalk it up to bad guy has skip to end and avoid consequences power and gets punished with dead but never gets to skip to the end and permanently deals with consequences

It's like, cosmic retribution for a bad dude and doesn't really feel like some deep peek into Giornos psyche tbh

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Diavolo is immortal and doesnt need to crime to avoid taxes. I think he won.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I think part of why I don't like the infinite death loop is Diavolo being murdered by that addict with the coat, no doubt high on Diavolo's own drugs, was a great ending for him. He got killed by some nobody because of the very drugs that Diavolo himself indirectly provided him. Then it just gets ruined.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The karmic punishment of realizing that if nobody knows who you are, nobody cares who you are is chef kiss

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Maybe there is some way out of the loop, but it's unlikely that Diavolo will figure it out.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I'll bet he doesn't even salt his pasta water. :colbert:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

This is basically like if we got an anime of the time between Dio's release of the boat and his setup at the heart of Cairo with a sick gang, but not a huge rear end in a top hat.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

The karmic punishment of realizing that if nobody knows who you are, nobody cares who you are is chef kiss

not only this, but the paranoia that comes with not knowing what will kill you next. it's very poetic

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Funky Valentine posted:

Diavolo was a lovely villain and he deserves getting punted into hell by a deus ex machina.

I still really don't mind him that much but I suspect I am one of the few people who really does not give a poo poo about Pucci nor find him that interesting

He's like, the least compelling or interesting part of stone ocean to me :(

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
he jams a disc into a guy's head so he can sing halleujah for him

so pucci is at least funny

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

pucci manages to be more interesting than diavolo which isn't a high bar to clear

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We can draw a line from Pucci's backstory to what he's trying to accomplish in Stone Ocean so he's much more comprehensible than Diavolo in that regard.

Pucci also has endearing moments like the prime numbers thing and his $600 dollar pants, meanwhile everything endearing about Diavolo was just Doppio.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Also! Pucci makes himself known and visible known insanely early on compared to DIO, Kira and Diavolo. He exists and gets to have multiple scenes alone, and exists in the same facility as Jolyne for almost the entire story. He doesn't feel like this God Emperor threat like DIO or Diavolo either, part of you believes that if Jolyne could just get in his office with him, she stands at least a decent chance of winning, which builds great tension of when the two will finally face off

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Pucci Ain't Stupid

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

stone ocean ending bad peepee doodoo

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

In Golden Wind 2 the gang needs Diavolo to help them fight an even stronger mob boss so Gold Experience Requiem has to un-gently caress him

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

DID Angelo live forever as a rock, anyway? I'd think he'd at least die of thirst in a couple days or something.

Rocks don't need to drink, dummy!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pucci can tie a cherry stem, he is the strongest villain.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

What will be the ED for stone ocean? Wrong answers only

Len - Steal my Sunshine

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

All Star

Firework by Katy Perry

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Aurora posted:

stone ocean ending bad peepee doodoo

i'll fight you

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I typed "random song" into google and the first song i saw was My Girl by The Temptations, so that.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyH2kU4NjHA

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi7jdqF_3Wg

I maintain Megalomania would be absolutely perfect for ED2

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Funky Valentine posted:

We can draw a line from Pucci's backstory to what he's trying to accomplish in Stone Ocean so he's much more comprehensible than Diavolo in that regard.

Pucci also has endearing moments like the prime numbers thing and his $600 dollar pants, meanwhile everything endearing about Diavolo was just Doppio.

And the whole tying cherry stems together with his tongue thing.

First time I saw that, I was like, "drat, okay. :stare: "

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

In Golden Wind 2 the gang needs Diavolo to help them fight an even stronger mob boss so Gold Experience Requiem has to un-gently caress him

Golden Wind 2 going the Bleach route I see.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Polyester Girl

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Condiv posted:

i'll fight you

they're right though, it IS bad and also peepee doodoo

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Golden Wind 2 going the Bleach route I see.

giorno falling down/climbing stairs for 2 years

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I still really don't mind him that much but I suspect I am one of the few people who really does not give a poo poo about Pucci nor find him that interesting

He's like, the least compelling or interesting part of stone ocean to me :(

Pucci is my least favorite JoJos villain. Hes, at best, still just a cypher for DIO when he finally gets developed. Diavolo is at least a funny idiot (and Doppio is part of that), Pucci is just a passive wet fart who is serving DIO. Hes basically if they made Vanilla Ice the villain.

Darko fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 2, 2019

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Darko posted:

Pucci is my least favorite JoJos villain. Hes, at best, still just a cypher for DIO when he finally gets developed. Diavolo is at least a funny idiot (and Doppio is part of that), Pucci is just a passive wet fart who is serving DIO. Hes basically if they made Vanilla Ice the villain.

nah Diavolo is way more lame, he abandons noted good character Doppio first chance he gets

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Can someone who knows about western comics tell me, isn't what Gold Experience Requiem did to Diavolo basically Darkseid's Omega Sanction power?
Reminds me of the fate of one wizard in the webcomic Zebragirl. He pulls some poo poo and kills one of the main characters who revives thanks to magic, pulls a gandalf except he's a Plaid wizard. Then sends the guy into an infinite spiral where he'll always be somewhere he doesn't. For eternity

BaDandy posted:

What's next? Defending the President of the United States (of Valentine)?
Valentine's "my heart and actions are utterly unclouded" is hands down one of the best villain moments in all of Jojo.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
You're right but I was more joking about how Valentine wanted to become the Supreme Dictator of the United States while having the power of God and Anime on his side.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
pucci is cool

i say it all the time but his fight vs weather is top 10 jojo fights

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Expect My Mom posted:

Also! Pucci makes himself known and visible known insanely early on compared to DIO, Kira and Diavolo. He exists and gets to have multiple scenes alone, and exists in the same facility as Jolyne for almost the entire story. He doesn't feel like this God Emperor threat like DIO or Diavolo either, part of you believes that if Jolyne could just get in his office with him, she stands at least a decent chance of winning, which builds great tension of when the two will finally face off

I really like that it took six parts until the series got a main villain that could be described as having an office, that just seems like such a prosaic detail considering how strange and eccentric they tend to be

edit: well Kira worked in an office, at least, but that isn't really the same thing

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 2, 2019

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

BaDandy posted:

You're right but I was more joking about how Valentine wanted to become the Supreme Dictator of the United States while having the power of God and Anime on his side.

Oh I wasn't defending his motives and he's arguably one of the scummiest of the main villains. But drat if Valentine don't own his actions with style.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pucci has better fashion sense than Funny Valentine.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Diavolo sewed his mother's mouth shut and locked her under the floor for years then burned everyone in his home town to death even though he'd been shown nothing but kindness. That was before he started a crime syndicate that specialized in getting children addicted to hard drugs. He absolutely earned his fate.

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009
Finaly got to watch the ending episodes which were okay. I really enjoyed David Production's take on Part 5 but nothing will ever make me feel like Rolling Stone was put in the right place in the story. It really interrupted the flow of the manga reading through the first time and pretty much did the same thing in the anime.

My only feeling now is bring on Part 6 and the best JoJo

...also Pucci rules and is way better than Diavolo in every way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Brought To You By posted:

Oh I wasn't defending his motives and he's arguably one of the scummiest of the main villains. But drat if Valentine don't own his actions with style.

Truuuue.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Diavolo sewed his mother's mouth shut and locked her under the floor for years then burned everyone in his home town to death even though he'd been shown nothing but kindness. That was before he started a crime syndicate that specialized in getting children addicted to hard drugs. He absolutely earned his fate.

Absolutely.

I was talking to a friend about how much of a sniveling coward Diavolo is and she called him "the embodiment of dril's 'I'M NOT OWNED, I'M NOT OWNED' tweet" so GER sending him to the Shadowrealm works because of that too. :v: