Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

big heat on the hulkster!

imagine reading that in 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

flashy_mcflash posted:

Anyone who wants a realistic portrayal of Baltimore should be watching John Waters movies instead of David Simon

I live in Baltimore and yes, this is correct.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

MJeff posted:

Was Munch ever in wrestling?

Didn’t he get legit choked out by Hulk Hogan in the 80s?

Also, I’m listening to Semp’s cliff’s notes version of Harley Race’s early career from today’s WOL and its the first time I’ve ever thought “keep talking Mike, this is interesting and important.”

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Karmine posted:

Didn’t he get legit choked out by Hulk Hogan in the 80s?

Also, I’m listening to Semp’s cliff’s notes version of Harley Race’s early career from today’s WOL and its the first time I’ve ever thought “keep talking Mike, this is interesting and important.”

Yeah, and then sued him because he bonked his head after passing out

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Semp co-hosted an episode of the 6:05 Superpodcast and I didn't mind him. Those Sin Limite shows with Dave were good too.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MJeff posted:

Was Munch ever in the Wire?

Was Munch ever in wrestling?

Season 5 episode Took

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"This guy came up to me and asked where to find the Poe House, I told him to take his pick, they're all the po' house! He looked at me all sad...."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Low Desert Punk posted:

Dave is on WOL right now talking about Harley

Vince tried to fight Harley..... :vince:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Because it is my nature, the scorpion said.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Jerusalem posted:

Vince tried to fight Harley..... :vince:

yeah what the gently caress was that about? Attacking a talent because they wouldn't do a double cross? What an rear end in a top hat

also I was listening to this weeks B&V, and I usually hate Craig, but his quiet "hwhat?" at Skip Over is loving hilarious

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 2, 2019

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan putting Rob on blast for making excuses about missing recording the Retro Show was amazing. You're blaming Ken. Ken's blind!! What's your excuse?!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
God tier pronunciation of "WWE" on the same show too. :discourse:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Low Desert Punk posted:

yeah what the gently caress was that about? Attacking a talent because they wouldn't do a double cross? What an rear end in a top hat

also I was listening to this weeks B&V, and I usually hate Craig, but his quiet "hwhat?" at Skip Over is loving hilarious

Every Harley Race story I know ends with him either beating, stabbing or tasering people. Vince McMahon is a special kind of dumb.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Low Desert Punk posted:

Elix Skipper's alternate ring names are...quite something.

Dark Guerrera
Extreme Blade

and of course, Skip Over (which I'm surprised they didn't go for "Skip Oveur" given his impending attachment to WCW's Team Canada)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Angry_Ed posted:

Dark Guerrera
Extreme Blade

and of course, Skip Over (which I'm surprised they didn't go for "Skip Oveur" given his impending attachment to WCW's Team Canada)

Back in those days I read a website, I don't remember which one but something generic, but there was a guy named something like Dan 'the WCW mark' and he claimed that Elix Skipper was his manager at a Wendy's before he got signed to WCW. It was such a random claim, but it cemented itself in my memory, and every time I hear his name I think of that.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

reminder that Vince thought he could beat up Frank Shamrock

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Fauxhawk Express posted:

reminder that Vince thought he could beat up Frank Shamrock

Maybe he confused him with Frank Stallone.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Defiance Industries posted:

Maybe he confused him with Frank Stallone.

reminder that Vince thought he could beat up Frank Stallone

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

Maybe he confused him with—you guessed it—Frank Stallone!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Imagine how much history would of changed if Vince did pick fights with Race or Shamrock and lost horribly

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Race would have just beat the poo poo out of him but Frank probably would’ve crippled him for life with a kneebar or heel hook. Vince’s strut would be at least twice as goofy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Imagine how much history would of changed if Vince did pick fights with Race or Shamrock and lost horribly

instead of XFL we would have gotten a wheelchair lacrosse league.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Angry_Ed posted:

Dark Guerrera
Extreme Blade

Holy s.. thats a name i havent heard in years. Is he still wrestling and has he done anything worthwile in wrestling except that one rana in TNA?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

PaybackJack posted:

Back in those days I read a website, I don't remember which one but something generic, but there was a guy named something like Dan 'the WCW mark' and he claimed that Elix Skipper was his manager at a Wendy's before he got signed to WCW. It was such a random claim, but it cemented itself in my memory, and every time I hear his name I think of that.

There might be something to that!

Wikipedia posted:

He has been a manager at Applebee's Neighborhood Grill and Bar in Douglasville, GA since September 2017.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

God tier pronunciation of "WWE" on the same show too. :discourse:

Dibbly-dibbly-dwee!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Today's Pacific Rim with Debbie Melanko is a great listen especially for history of All Japan Women

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Today's Pacific Rim with Debbie Melanko is a great listen especially for history of All Japan Women

Listening to it now but wanna say I also really enjoyed Dave's interview with Buggsy McGraw, even though there are a few moments where it sounds like he's getting completely lost before he eventually gets back on track.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestleVotes/status/1157010448132255747

hmmmmmm

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I think it's safe to say Simon isn't going to AEW. You can't say something like that about an EVPs uncle and get a job

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gotch has always seemed like a really bitter weirdo. As funny as that video is where he buries Enzo he still comes across weird and bitter the whole time

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Isn’t MLW building around Gotch? I mean lol.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Punch McLightning posted:

Isn’t MLW building around Gotch? I mean lol.

No?

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013

I know this is secondary, but why is someone dreaming up that awful sounding match in the first place

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Now I will feel a sad pang of disappointment whenever that Gotch buries Enzo video shows up in my reccomend videos. Oh well that probably won't happen very often right?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

gotch trying to do a career renaissance as a fat shooter and literally nobody caring is great stuff

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

I thought he was part of their top heel group, but I also don't watch MLW.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Low Desert Punk posted:

gotch trying to do a career renaissance as a fat shooter and literally nobody caring is great stuff

worked way better for Mark Hunt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

I thought he was part of their top heel group, but I also don't watch MLW.

Jacob Fatu's the star and he's getting pushed to the top, he's even already their world champ

It'd kinda be like saying Yujiro was a star just because he happened to be in Bullet Club when they were the top stable, or Michael Tarver when the Nexus was a thing. Gotch is no Fatu, he's the scrub on the side that Fatu kills if he turns on him

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 3, 2019

Capn Combustible
May 30, 2013

I'm watching you.
I normally just lurk here, but this Simon Gotch stuff reminded me of the awful video he made for his ROH debut:

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/928805907898748928?s=20

oatgan in an old ROH thread posted:

Everyone laughed at me so I went out and got a white belt in bjj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i'm still trying to think of when Dave would have even talked about Simon, other than like talking about how people didn't like him in the locker room after the release, and he was hardly the only one to back that up. I remember I saw an interview where he whined about "dirtsheets" but he didn't mention Dave specifically