Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

please knock Mom! posted:

I'm gonna try this game, but is it a good pick if you just want to go solo and kill mans?

Yea we got two players who are top of the pvp fame charts every week who almost entirely solo and or duo with each other. I dont personally find solo stuff fun but it can be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Raioner posted:

Yea we got two players who are top of the pvp fame charts every week who almost entirely solo and or duo with each other. I dont personally find solo stuff fun but it can be done.

This -- they actually just released an update introducing solo dungeons so solo play has more content now than ever before.. though I feel group content is way more fun:

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

I thought this turned out to be garbage? What happened?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

TalonDemonKing posted:

Game was never really garbage if you like full loot/PVP mmo's... the game had a horrible DDOS for the first 2 months of that drove away many players but when it went free to play, population shot back up and the people who like these kinds of games realized its actually pretty fun.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FormerFatty posted:

Game was never really garbage if you like full loot/PVP mmo's... the game had a horrible DDOS for the first 2 months of that drove away many players but when it went free to play, population shot back up and the people who like these kinds of games realized its actually pretty fun.

https://steamcharts.com/app/761890

It's true, F2P was a huge shot in the arm for the game.

But it never recovered 50% of its launch even when the game was pay to play. The population is sloping consistently, we just have to see where it settles out.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

TalonDemonKing posted:

it was hot dogshit for a year when the average concurrent was under 500 (see kimsemus' post)

the only reason it's good is because there are so many morons who don't know how to play optimally, i've gotten bored of farming foreigners whose pcs can barely run the game and RMT'd out for the second time. there are also hella good exploits to make ur life better which was the only real reason my and my group started playing again

Arson
Dec 9, 2003

SPF 45 a day keeps the oncologist away.
Still new and getting a handle on the game.

I'm just curious if there is a use for a role like an armored healer. I'm thinking something like a D&D-type cleric. Apparently, you can wield a holy staff and wear plate, but you won't get certain bonuses that cloth offers? Does that sound about right?

I just find the idea of playing an armored healing a lot, but I wouldn't want to be useless.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
the game has shoehorned in a lot of gimmicky 'invulnerability' abilities that really kind of gently caress up focusing down targets in group fights- so you don't have to wear plate to be tanky but you can

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Arson posted:

Still new and getting a handle on the game.

I'm just curious if there is a use for a role like an armored healer. I'm thinking something like a D&D-type cleric. Apparently, you can wield a holy staff and wear plate, but you won't get certain bonuses that cloth offers? Does that sound about right?

I just find the idea of playing an armored healing a lot, but I wouldn't want to be useless.

Heh -- plate healer is definitely not meta... the problem is your healing would be doing 25% of what it would be if you were in cloth.

Arson
Dec 9, 2003

SPF 45 a day keeps the oncologist away.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into other builds.

Cereal
Mar 14, 2007

I AM AN ILLITERATE BOOR, UNSUITED FOR GENTEEL ROBOCOMPANY
Posting for auth

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017
Posting for Auth

IG and Discord name: Capellini

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Truth hasnt been an alliance in 6 months or maybe longer... but okay.

some more salt to go with yours

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Posting for auth - IG Sunber

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

working mom posted:

Posting for auth - IG Sunber

Added.

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012
pvp rewards you with some nice whispers

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012
We've been also getting a lot of big fights lately. In case you're wondering how it feels to land nice dps claps

https://streamable.com/k45sx

https://streamable.com/d544z

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I finally got around to e-mailing SI about unbanning my account from my forum shenanigans 4 or 5 years ago. I have about 30ish referral links attached to it and a legendary so didn't want to start another one. If they unban it I'll give the game another honest go, figured there was nothing to lose by trying.

//edit lol nevermind, someone accessed the account in the intervening 4 years it was banned and they locked access to it permanently :rip:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 24, 2019

Rejdukien
Jul 24, 2008
Authposting, IGN MaxPaynis, Discord Rejd#5798

Blazing made me try this game now that it's free to play - Absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but I'm already giddy about receiving angry whispers.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

imagine banning people for criticism

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

I doubt my account was ever actually compromised.

They banned the account 1 day after the 6 month paypal dispute period was over for "account sharing." That's not a coincidence, of course.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

I doubt my account was ever actually compromised.

They banned the account 1 day after the 6 month paypal dispute period was over for "account sharing." That's not a coincidence, of course.

the same devs that shilled this forum and reddit en masse to astroturf it and purged reddit/discord of all dissent? say it ain't so

Daxley
Apr 13, 2016
We're going to be bringing a few EVE Players over to enjoy this tear festival of a game.

Lycaeon
Feb 20, 2013

A closed door is a closed mind.
Haven't played a good tears game since Eve. Sign me up. Discord name Ephemeral. Already self sufficient T5 ingame, but solo only goes so far.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Can someone auth me on discord? I can't get the bot to work. In disc as Krion, in game as PizzaPringles.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Applied in-game, sent message to gluttony, authed my char name is discord.

Hopefully I did it right!

e: cool, I'm in. Gonna look over the ZvZ builds and be ready weekend action.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 30, 2019

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Partial Octopus posted:

Can someone auth me on discord? I can't get the bot to work. In disc as Krion, in game as PizzaPringles.

You should be auth'd.

Chomp8645 posted:

Applied in-game, sent message to gluttony, authed my char name is discord.

Hopefully I did it right!

e: cool, I'm in. Gonna look over the ZvZ builds and be ready weekend action.

Welcome bro -- the 2 best things to play as a newBro if you want to contribute in ZVZ are healer build OR demon armor/locus build.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FormerFatty posted:

Welcome bro -- the 2 best things to play as a newBro if you want to contribute in ZVZ are healer build OR demon armor/locus build.

Thanks mang. I'll just roll the wild staff build from the alliance lists for now.

What's the best way to get into ZvZ poo poo anyway? Do I just hang out in game and wait for xx calls? Or is there like some kind of schedule somewhere?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

Thanks mang. I'll just roll the wild staff build from the alliance lists for now.

What's the best way to get into ZvZ poo poo anyway? Do I just hang out in game and wait for xx calls? Or is there like some kind of schedule somewhere?

A couple ways.... either hang out in game and see people saying "ZVZ in torrid(our homeland) -- x up"... announcements/pings in discord for bigger ZVZ.

Additionally -- during the "season", there will likely be static ZVZs 2-3x a day for warcamps (ZVZs used to protect/potentially gain territory) and castles (ZVZ objectives).

doritto
May 12, 2013

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

user was banned for this post

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

dsipal posted:

user was banned for this post

you joke, but in a lot of subforums on SA it would happen.

doritto
May 12, 2013

so many of the pubbies in arch are absolutely haram, gluttony can you please both make the channels mandatory push to talk as well as have a channel for only goons

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dsipal posted:

so many of the pubbies in arch are absolutely haram, gluttony can you please both make the channels mandatory push to talk as well as have a channel for only goons

Goon lives matter

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

dsipal posted:

comms are suffering

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

dsipal posted:

And that goddam 14 year old screaming in my ear.

*mute* *mute* *mute* *mute*

Sometimes I just want to take out my ship and blow them up. To bad this game has somthing with horses and I don't have decent skills. I also don't know what is going on most of the time.

I want to see the battle and zoom out. I'm frustrated I can't.

Tengort
Sep 4, 2009
ig: huegenics
discord: hoople

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Did my first ZvZ activity this weekend with the reset, after just recently joining my fellow goons. Here was my New Goon Big Battle experience.

First Battle: EU reset. Bought myself a shiny new set of Wild Staff build from the guild guide, in 5.1 quality, including a cat mount (requested by party leader). Probably the most expensive gear I've donned yet. Rode out under leadership of... Semele I think? Good dude. Sound leadership and tactical sense. I was astounded by the sheer number of people assembled. We ran around for little bit and then waited at a zone point. I think we were blockading/covering for a capture team. While waiting at the zone point I started chopping wood because I figured why not. I was immediately lampooned for this by several people. Just ruthlessly Fame Shamed. Eventually we came across some big group. A bunch of enemies died, I could barely tell what was happening. It was a bunch of noise and fury and framerate destroying effects. I was just throwing random blob heals around and trying not to get too close to big scary circles, most of the time I couldn't actually see the enemy directly. This process repeated in several zones, I think we destroyed three hostile zergs. Each time, every single body was completely picked cleaned by the time us back-line healers got to them. Eventually I grew despondent at the lack of loot. So at the fourth confrontation I tried to move forward to get first pick of a body while combat was still going on. I found one, it had loot, and while I was picking it something exploded me instantaneously. Lesson learned. I re-equipped and rode out, but by the time I was arrived we were on the way back to the portal.

Second Battle: NA reset. Assembled at goon island again. Wore Wild Staff 5.1 again. My treasury was almost completely depleted buying gear. In fact I spent the interim between resets doing solo dungeons for income so I could have a few sets ready to go. Got assembled into a party, leader saw my 5.1's and told me "this is a 6.1 minimum group, gear up". I literally did not enough to silver to buy 6.1's without selling some items from my stash, which I was reluctant to do. So I just got another group. Probably not a bad thing, I think that guy was trying to lead like a hot response or elite strike group or something, which I wouldn't be experienced enough for anyway. Can't remember the new party leader, but good guy. He gave me 200k silver up front for being a healer, so that was nice. I skinned some animals while we were waiting at the zone point and was mocked again. Eventually we got into a big fight. At one point I heard a bunch of yelling about FLANK FLANK FLANK and some dude ran right on top of me and there was a big sound like a thunderclap and I exploded. I was able to requip and get back to the group as they were halfway through a fight with some other blob. This engagement was a lot more spread out than previous ones, much lower player density. Or maybe it just looked like because it was halfway over when I arrived and we were chasing. I saw an enemy go down with nobody near him and rushed to loot. He dropped five 6.1 cleric robes (no idea why he was carrying them), a 5.1 cat mount, a 4.2 sterling cape... AND 6.3 SOULSCYTHE!!! I was beside myself. I didn't know what it was worth but I figured it was a lot. Finally a payoff! But I had to get the loot safe, and I knew nothing about field storage of gear in the black. I decided not to risk making a solo run home, and just stuck with the zerg. Eventually, as we were riding past a Carleon portal, I surreptitiously slipped through, dropped the loot real quick, and hastily rejoined the blob like nothing happened. Shortly after, I died to something I can't remember.

Third Battle: Warcamps/castles (next day). Definitely less activity than reset day, but still a heck of a lot of people. Still rocking my 5.1 Wild Staff setup. This time while the group was through the portal but waiting for action, I started fishing instead of chopping wood. Not a peep from anyone. In fact I wasn't the only one doing it. Clear double standard! We rode around for a while, felt like we were playing tag with some groups and neither side wanted to engage. Heard a bunch of bitching in discord about some Russians getting themselves killed stupidly? Not much action at this stage. After the warcamps my party disintegrated, so I just followed the blob alone. I kept saying x in alliance chat and "invite please" in /say for 20+ minutes with no result. Kind of annoying but I understand people are busy. Eventually got invited into a group of... just me and a tank. So I decided that healing this one tank took precedence over ALL ELSE. We went and captured a castle. Discord leader said "AWFUL COMPANY ONLY IN KING ROOM". I moved into king room. Leader followed up "NOT AC 42069", I left king room. Not much happened here, no hostile players. Eventually we got engaged in some big battle in a swamp, we were inside a little keep or something. It was like the gosh darn Alamo. We were outnumbered but had chokes and a good position. The enemy kept moving around and prodding us. We had to keep switching west side/east side and blocking them. At this point I was finally getting the hang of healing I think. I noticed that after every charge we'd some have some low-health melee builds running to the back. (Looking back, this in and of itself probably indicated we had finally met our match. The day before it seemed that we just melted most blobs and didn't lose many of our own except noobs like myself.) So I just dropped the big E whenever a charge happened, then pulled back to a safe distance and just tended the wounded to get them back in as fast as possible. Eventually we got overrun and I died, but I was a good battle and we took a lot with us I think. This is the only battle I participated in were we lost the field, I think.

Welp that was BIG BATTLE WEEKEND as a noob. Good fun, would recommend.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

Did my first ZvZ activity this weekend with the reset, after just recently joining my fellow goons. Here was my New Goon Big Battle experience.

First Battle: EU reset. Bought myself a shiny new set of Wild Staff build from the guild guide, in 5.1 quality, including a cat mount (requested by party leader). Probably the most expensive gear I've donned yet. Rode out under leadership of... Semele I think? Good dude. Sound leadership and tactical sense. I was astounded by the sheer number of people assembled. We ran around for little bit and then waited at a zone point. I think we were blockading/covering for a capture team. While waiting at the zone point I started chopping wood because I figured why not. I was immediately lampooned for this by several people. Just ruthlessly Fame Shamed. Eventually we came across some big group. A bunch of enemies died, I could barely tell what was happening. It was a bunch of noise and fury and framerate destroying effects. I was just throwing random blob heals around and trying not to get too close to big scary circles, most of the time I couldn't actually see the enemy directly. This process repeated in several zones, I think we destroyed three hostile zergs. Each time, every single body was completely picked cleaned by the time us back-line healers got to them. Eventually I grew despondent at the lack of loot. So at the fourth confrontation I tried to move forward to get first pick of a body while combat was still going on. I found one, it had loot, and while I was picking it something exploded me instantaneously. Lesson learned. I re-equipped and rode out, but by the time I was arrived we were on the way back to the portal.

Second Battle: NA reset. Assembled at goon island again. Wore Wild Staff 5.1 again. My treasury was almost completely depleted buying gear. In fact I spent the interim between resets doing solo dungeons for income so I could have a few sets ready to go. Got assembled into a party, leader saw my 5.1's and told me "this is a 6.1 minimum group, gear up". I literally did not enough to silver to buy 6.1's without selling some items from my stash, which I was reluctant to do. So I just got another group. Probably not a bad thing, I think that guy was trying to lead like a hot response or elite strike group or something, which I wouldn't be experienced enough for anyway. Can't remember the new party leader, but good guy. He gave me 200k silver up front for being a healer, so that was nice. I skinned some animals while we were waiting at the zone point and was mocked again. Eventually we got into a big fight. At one point I heard a bunch of yelling about FLANK FLANK FLANK and some dude ran right on top of me and there was a big sound like a thunderclap and I exploded. I was able to requip and get back to the group as they were halfway through a fight with some other blob. This engagement was a lot more spread out than previous ones, much lower player density. Or maybe it just looked like because it was halfway over when I arrived and we were chasing. I saw an enemy go down with nobody near him and rushed to loot. He dropped five 6.1 cleric robes (no idea why he was carrying them), a 5.1 cat mount, a 4.2 sterling cape... AND 6.3 SOULSCYTHE!!! I was beside myself. I didn't know what it was worth but I figured it was a lot. Finally a payoff! But I had to get the loot safe, and I knew nothing about field storage of gear in the black. I decided not to risk making a solo run home, and just stuck with the zerg. Eventually, as we were riding past a Carleon portal, I surreptitiously slipped through, dropped the loot real quick, and hastily rejoined the blob like nothing happened. Shortly after, I died to something I can't remember.

Third Battle: Warcamps/castles (next day). Definitely less activity than reset day, but still a heck of a lot of people. Still rocking my 5.1 Wild Staff setup. This time while the group was through the portal but waiting for action, I started fishing instead of chopping wood. Not a peep from anyone. In fact I wasn't the only one doing it. Clear double standard! We rode around for a while, felt like we were playing tag with some groups and neither side wanted to engage. Heard a bunch of bitching in discord about some Russians getting themselves killed stupidly? Not much action at this stage. After the warcamps my party disintegrated, so I just followed the blob alone. I kept saying x in alliance chat and "invite please" in /say for 20+ minutes with no result. Kind of annoying but I understand people are busy. Eventually got invited into a group of... just me and a tank. So I decided that healing this one tank took precedence over ALL ELSE. We went and captured a castle. Discord leader said "AWFUL COMPANY ONLY IN KING ROOM". I moved into king room. Leader followed up "NOT AC 42069", I left king room. Not much happened here, no hostile players. Eventually we got engaged in some big battle in a swamp, we were inside a little keep or something. It was like the gosh darn Alamo. We were outnumbered but had chokes and a good position. The enemy kept moving around and prodding us. We had to keep switching west side/east side and blocking them. At this point I was finally getting the hang of healing I think. I noticed that after every charge we'd some have some low-health melee builds running to the back. (Looking back, this in and of itself probably indicated we had finally met our match. The day before it seemed that we just melted most blobs and didn't lose many of our own except noobs like myself.) So I just dropped the big E whenever a charge happened, then pulled back to a safe distance and just tended the wounded to get them back in as fast as possible. Eventually we got overrun and I died, but I was a good battle and we took a lot with us I think. This is the only battle I participated in were we lost the field, I think.

Welp that was BIG BATTLE WEEKEND as a noob. Good fun, would recommend.

Honestly this is great -- I posted this on ARCH discord and several people want to hit you up with some $, including myself :)