Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

deathrat posted:

If you mean the CE patch, I actually just updated it to 1.0 but I haven't had a chance to test it yet. if you want to give it a try here's a link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QH9fg6j2hghgLuzJaphd9nDm_T_zupqT

Finally got around to trying it, it still has the problem of nuking the ammo category(Not sure if it's a CE:FastTrack only bug but honestly that forks the future)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Just used my first antigrain warhead on a psychic ship. Ooooft.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Walton Simons posted:

Just used my first antigrain warhead on a psychic ship. Ooooft.

I thought they already killed the bushes and grass around them

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Nuclear War posted:

I thought they already killed the bushes and grass around them

Naw that's the poison ships, psychic ones are just a headache.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Psychic ones will lower the temperature around them and make it all neat and frosty looking!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the psychic ships are the best, the last time i had one it sent out a pulse that drove a bunch of muffalo nearby mad while I was sallying out to kill it, so I had a greatbow guy hit it to activate the mechanoids within and they all just murdered each other lol

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

GenericOverusedName posted:

Psychic ones will lower the temperature around them and make it all neat and frosty looking!

I like how after killing a ship and disbanding the attack crew, usually one colonist will go build a snowman in the wreckage. :3:

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

isndl posted:

Naw that's the poison ships, psychic ones are just a headache.

Ah of course. yeah i see why they might need to kill the vegetation then to clear out for the assault.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

I'm not exactly sure how you sit on a formless spawn or if its a good idea but the next raiders to attack me are in for a nasty surprise.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Well, that was a rough couple of days.

Psychic ship - 16 mechanoids
Infestation while I'm still whittling the centipedes down and with most of our defenses spent - 39 bugs
Pack of 16 maneating Wargs

Oh, and a high psychic drone while all that's going down :shepicide:

I'm amazed I made it out with only one death and one colonist giving up hope. The bugs turbofucked my living area since I opted to ignore them until they were burrowing deep into other areas.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Election day came the morning after an especially nasty raid.

One colonist died outright, literally everyone else injured, all but 3 downed, most on bleedout timers. I had only just started to build a hospital in earnest, so it was only 2 hospital beds, a vitals monitor, an IV drip, and some science gear since I usually double it with my lab. I drop a ton of sleeping spots and designate them medical so that my army of trained animals (who failed to show up in time to the raid due to errors on my part) could haul in the injured.

My 2 doctors happened to be the only ones armored and weren't bleeding (much) but were downed due to blunt injury pain. Fortunately some dead raiders dropped a couple go juices, so I had one of my walking injured dose them up so they could get to work. Meanwhile, because I couldn't wait, I had one of the other walking injured hurriedly performing first aid they had no training for.

The real doctors, finally awake and tweaking on go juice, arrive at the hospital and get to work. Frantically they take turns dealing with 4 of the critically injured, while one of the walkers passes out and the other tends to the non-critical, but still downed patients.

Then I get a notice that the town mayor won her re-election, by unanimous vote. 1 vote exactly, as luck would have it.

The third walker - she was the mayor. She voted for herself, and everyone else was too busy dying or trying to save lives, but not her: she was incapable of caring.

edit: gently caress me another raid just popped

edit 2: i called in allies to deal with the second raid, they dealt with 90% of it, then immediately infested ship chunks landed, one of them directly on top of one of my allies

edit 3: the infested routed my allies, taking heavy losses doing so, but theyre still too strong to risk facing. i just pulled everyone back inside the gates, i have 1.9 days before they reproduce to hopefully heal up

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 6, 2019

isndl
May 2, 2012
Infested ship chunks is almost a beneficial event, insects won't aggro you unless you get close/provoke them and they're outside your base. If anything they're now guarding you against further raids until you've recovered, then you can mop them up after the next raid walks into them and softens them up for you.

Last time I got ship chunks I left them alone and then discovered there was some sort of mod interaction happening where I think the Fluffy Breakdowns mod was causing the ship chunks to break down from lack of maintenance and eventually there weren't any hives left at all. :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1823138604

This adrenaline mod looks pretty neat

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

isndl posted:

Infested ship chunks is almost a beneficial event, insects won't aggro you unless you get close/provoke them and they're outside your base. If anything they're now guarding you against further raids until you've recovered, then you can mop them up after the next raid walks into them and softens them up for you.

Last time I got ship chunks I left them alone and then discovered there was some sort of mod interaction happening where I think the Fluffy Breakdowns mod was causing the ship chunks to break down from lack of maintenance and eventually there weren't any hives left at all. :v:

What mod adds them?

isndl
May 2, 2012

GenericOverusedName posted:

What mod adds them?

Sparkling Worlds, it's a mid to late game focused content mod. There's a full version or a stripped down core version with the rest as standalone mods.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wish there was a way to just get the events and not the rest of the mod lol. I love me some drat Event mods. more random poo poo destroying my base and obvious death traps to send my dudes out to die in please

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

isndl posted:

Eh, the chunk events seem to produce more bugs for me than the regular infestations, and the reproduce just like normal hives. Eventually you'll be up to your armpits in bugs, and they'll be ranging further and further to find food, eventually coming into contact with your colonists and starting fights. It really isn't a good idea to just leave them alone.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

wish there was a way to just get the events and not the rest of the mod lol. I love me some drat Event mods. more random poo poo destroying my base and obvious death traps to send my dudes out to die in please

One of the standalone parts is just the events, as I recall. Worth taking a look.

Warmachine posted:

Eh, the chunk events seem to produce more bugs for me than the regular infestations, and the reproduce just like normal hives. Eventually you'll be up to your armpits in bugs, and they'll be ranging further and further to find food, eventually coming into contact with your colonists and starting fights. It really isn't a good idea to just leave them alone.

Looked about the same to me, honestly. Bug spawns scale heavily with wealth, plus whatever mood Randy is in if he's your storyteller. Chunks do spawn hives but they also spawn jelly so bugs shouldn't be wandering terribly far, comes down to your map layout and how frequently you get raids to trim things down I guess. The spawned hives did decay as well in my game but that's probably not intentional.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

isndl posted:

One of the standalone parts is just the events, as I recall. Worth taking a look.

Looked about the same to me, honestly. Bug spawns scale heavily with wealth, plus whatever mood Randy is in if he's your storyteller. Chunks do spawn hives but they also spawn jelly so bugs shouldn't be wandering terribly far, comes down to your map layout and how frequently you get raids to trim things down I guess. The spawned hives did decay as well in my game but that's probably not intentional.

Yeah, they shouldn't decay if there are still bugs to maintain them, same as regular hives. That's definitely some mod interaction right there.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I love weird mod interactions. I'm attacked by a rough tribe. Murder them all, reanimate a corpse thanks to the rimworld of magic mod.

Same tribe contacts me later for a diplomatic marriage. It's the corpse I raised. It is a spooky skeleton now. I say sure, curious as to what would happen. I go to allied, lose control of the undead, who then talks about trees to a nearby pawn. Since the skeleton no longer has a necromancer to bind it together, it "dies".

My doctor grabs the dead skeleton, brings it to an autopsy table, then harvests multiple body parts. Don't know where it kept those.

Unwilling to let a corpse go to waste, the necromancer uses its consume spell to regenerate some Mana.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Donkringel posted:

I love weird mod interactions. I'm attacked by a rough tribe. Murder them all, reanimate a corpse thanks to the rimworld of magic mod.

Same tribe contacts me later for a diplomatic marriage. It's the corpse I raised. It is a spooky skeleton now. I say sure, curious as to what would happen. I go to allied, lose control of the undead, who then talks about trees to a nearby pawn. Since the skeleton no longer has a necromancer to bind it together, it "dies".

My doctor grabs the dead skeleton, brings it to an autopsy table, then harvests multiple body parts. Don't know where it kept those.

Unwilling to let a corpse go to waste, the necromancer uses its consume spell to regenerate some Mana.

Necro pawns are pretty janky right now. They still get some mood penalties which they shouldn't, they pick up food but don't eat, they constantly wear clothes which drives me mad. Even with loadouts and restrictions they continue to wear apparel items. It's obvious he's fiddling with the 'real' pawn in the background but it definitely needs some more work.
Mana drain when you have a bunch of zombies is a real bitch, better have enough potions or you're going to lose your slave labour. This is fine though. And if you spawn on a map without jade you better hope a trader brings some or you won't be doing much magic item work.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
So hey, if you play with a lot of mods, your game might be crazy hosed up right now. Apparently the latest Steam update did... something, and hosed up the workshop.

What I did was deactivate all the mods, uninstalled the game, reinstalled, then loaded my latest save to reactivate my mod loadout. I saw it recommended to unsubscribe and resubscribe to your mods on the workshop, but when you're in the triple digits that's not quite reasonable :v:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Danaru posted:

So hey, if you play with a lot of mods, your game might be crazy hosed up right now. Apparently the latest Steam update did... something, and hosed up the workshop.

What I did was deactivate all the mods, uninstalled the game, reinstalled, then loaded my latest save to reactivate my mod loadout. I saw it recommended to unsubscribe and resubscribe to your mods on the workshop, but when you're in the triple digits that's not quite reasonable :v:

Aw hell. I wondered why I had a lot of workshop updates today. I haven't tried yet but if it's broken when I get playing later I'll do what you did, sounds easier.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I had that happen and after a few round of trying to load the mods from my save file it started downloading stuff, no need to reinstall or anything.

deathrat
May 25, 2010

Nalesh posted:

Finally got around to trying it, it still has the problem of nuking the ammo category(Not sure if it's a CE:FastTrack only bug but honestly that forks the future)

Nope, that was most likely because it actually wasn't loading properly, I missed a few things that needed to be changed. I just finished testing this version a bit and didn't see any issues, confirmed it's now showing up in the ammo category too. Here's a link. I'm gonna work on updating/making patches for the rest of the Rim of Madness mods as well.

deathrat fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 7, 2019

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
So, I had a really cool situation happen, involving the Android Tiers mod (and Death Rattle, I think?).

Marvyn is a T1 droid that got shot up real good during a mechanoid raid, which I somehow missed until he was 4 hours to bleedout. I put him in the hospital, he gets patched up, I think all is well.

I also happen to be out of my colonist-approved meals as the raid happened at the same time as I sent my cooks out on a hunting lodge expedition, where they bagged 6k meat from dinos and wildlife. So, one of my nurses can't find any food to give to Marvyn, so they grab the nearest edible thing: beer. Which comes with a minor consciousness penalty, but he was already at the brink so he drops to 0% consciousness and enters a coma.

My actual doctor comes over and (cursing out the nurse who gave a passed out robot a beer, I assume) brews up a go juice for the +20% consciousness effect. Crisis averted.

10 seconds later I get another notice of medical emergency - extreme heatstroke. Ohhh. Androids don't have blood, they have coolant... so if he had extreme coolant loss... yeah.

I build my hospitals adjacent to the main freezer / with their own medical freezer so I plop him down in there and he's right as rain in seconds. Even wakes up, from the combo of being cooled down + the go juice in his system.

That this emergent situation could even happen really impressed me.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Day 535 - Psychic ship
Day 536 - Infestation
Day 537 - Manhunter Pack
Day 543 - Tribal Sappers
Day 546 - Tribal Sappers
Day 548 - Tribal Sappers

loving hell, Randy.

e: Lost two guys to the last sappers. They burrowed into the one place I just have walls for defence and forced me into a straight fight between my walls. They killed an old blind brawler I had and kidnapped a colonist I accidentally walked into their line of fire. I might open another entrance complete with traps and turrets on that side, it took way too long to get to the raiders and by then the fight was on thier terms.

Walton Simons fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 8, 2019

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Android tiers is a quite neat mod yeah, it's got some interesting ways of using the bio pawn system to simulate a kind of robot, such as yeah, when they get "blood loss" they actually suffer massive shifts to their comfortable temperature range.

The different tiers are also different sizes, with the T1s being 0.8x the normal pawn size, but T3s are 1.4 times bigger. T1s and 2s have flat penalties to work speed but T1s come with a permanent 20% mood buff to compensate, and you can strap a pair of drill arms to a T2 to make it a pretty specialized mining drone.

It gives you a quite different feel where your pawns are a lot more disposable cos you can literally build more of them, and you also need a lot less food I think cos they don't eat much.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

metasynthetic posted:

So, I had a really cool situation happen, involving the Android Tiers mod (and Death Rattle, I think?).

[...]

So, one of my nurses can't find any food to give to Marvyn, so they grab the nearest edible thing: beer. Which comes with a minor consciousness penalty, but he was already at the brink so he drops to 0% consciousness and enters a coma.
Yep, that's Death Rattle! Tiny mod, huge impact on how games play out.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like the added touch that when you do 'surgery' on androids, they dont have a recovery period since they didnt need anesthetic

Also if a vampire bites an android, they immediately start puking because coolant makes a poor substitute for blood :v:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also yeah it's a little odd how robots still get all the drug effects lol, especially as I assume you can just make replacement parts for them if they start to fall to bits. Tempted to try and make a cocainebot colony that runs on flake.

Though they don't actually sleep anyway so dunno if the effect would be that good.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Well you see, the alcohol being processed by the android's biogenerator causes a power dampening effect in its circuitry which :techno:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's more that I can build an android that isn't entirely capable of feeling emotion but is capable and motivated to blaze it erryday.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

OwlFancier posted:

It's more that I can build an android that isn't entirely capable of feeling emotion but is capable and motivated to blaze it erryday.

Dont doxx me

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Danaru posted:

I like the added touch that when you do 'surgery' on androids, they dont have a recovery period since they didnt need anesthetic

Also if a vampire bites an android, they immediately start puking because coolant makes a poor substitute for blood :v:

I've had a problem where the android doesn't ever replenish the coolant and ends up with extreme "blood" loss, and the vampires just keep feeding on androids. It's neat that there's an interaction there that works, but I wish I could manage it a little better.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Androids are very slow to heal and while they don't get infections you still need to "treat" their wounds before they can start to recover.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I've had a problem where the android doesn't ever replenish the coolant and ends up with extreme "blood" loss, and the vampires just keep feeding on androids. It's neat that there's an interaction there that works, but I wish I could manage it a little better.

I remember seeing this before, I want to say it's a load order issue but I dont quite remember. I'm pretty sure I have it fixed but it's why I still leave a prisoner or two around for blood :ohdear:

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
If you dose them with 'mechanite swarm' (specifically that, not sensory mechanites or whatever) they heal up really fast, said android from before was fully healed half a day after I dosed him.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVOZeT2W6Bo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I keep switching between Androids and Android Tiers and I can never decide which I prefer. I like the droids from Androids and ho both droids/androids can live forever without food, which can be useful. being able to crap out semi-disposable droids to smelt slag/smooth floors/carry SMGs to repel tribals is nice, and being able to customize a brand new colonist is nice too; it's also super easy to get an android with like 15 shooting and melee and 12 in construction or medical, good traits, etc. which can be a Bit Much