Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It's a horse race with cowboys, so clearly it should be tagged "Western Garbage."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

People are all like "Araki doesn't change how characters look after 4" in the other thread as I read through Valentine's gradual physical evolution (and it's super gradual, way moreso than Iggy).

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

It's a horse race with cowboys, so clearly it should be tagged "Western Garbage."

IMO the best thread title + tag combos are the ones with dumb jokes instead of being remotely serious so I like this one the most.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Get ready, racers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/GIGAPOotato/status/1158297111382745088

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i just finished part 6 and what the gently caress aaaa i need an adult to hold my hand and walk me through this

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I see trees of green

Red roses too

I see them bloom

For me and you

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

And as we wind on down the road

With shadows taller than our souls

There walks a lady we all know

Who shines white light and wants to show

How everything still turns to gold

And if you listen very hard

The tune will come to you at last

When all are one and one is all

To be a rock and not to roll

And she's buying the stairway to heaven

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I see trees of green

Red roses too

I see them bloom

For me and you

what a wonderful world ~~~

but aaaaaaaaaaaa

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

And as we wind on down the road

With shadows taller than our souls

There walks a lady we all know

Who shines white light and wants to show

How everything still turns to gold

And if you listen very hard

The tune will come to you at last

When all are one and one is all

To be a rock and not to roll

And she's buying the stairway to heaven

fuick i guess i know what two songs im listening to next

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

oh great now im crying to stairway

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Zyla posted:

what a wonderful world ~~~

but aaaaaaaaaaaa

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

I see trees of green

Red roses too

I see them bloom

For me and you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtWBqB0_aTA

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I could have sworn someone suggested a cool punk cover for "It's a Wonderful World" that wasn't the Ramones version that I liked, can't find it now.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I see trees of green

Red roses too

I see them bloom

For me and you

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zyla posted:

i just finished part 6 and what the gently caress aaaa i need an adult to hold my hand and walk me through this

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The blood is gone, their destiny lifted. They can finally rest.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

In the cold hard ground because they're loving dead. Hurray for them.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

it sucks

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

nah

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

did we ever find out all seven wonders of the prison

i can only remember like 4 or 5 of them

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

After re-reading 7 and thinking of in in the context of the others, every object that is central to the plot from 5, on, gives the final-battle-villain with it some kind of auto-block power while having a goal of remaking things in some way (I'm counting Chariot Requiem as the last battle in 5 and Valentine with Love Train as 7's). I'm trying to get through 8 again, and am curious as to if he's going to end up doing that with the Rokakaka.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Really excited for this first segment of Part 7 where it's like literally all horse racing, no Stands, and weirdos keeping bugs in their body until like the last little bit where Mountain Tim starts unraveling his body.

Like Johnny doesn't get Tusk until halfway through Week 2, it's really weird and cool

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Every now and again I just think about the first stage and how amazing it is to read through and gently caress I can't wait to start again.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i should probably actually reread since i caught up to jojolion like 6 years ago

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Yeah I remember when SBR first came out and it was only presented as Steel Ball Run and not JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run. Reading through the first few chapters was exhilarating, it felt like JoJo but also like something completely different. All the references to JoJo were there but there were no stands or vampires or anything, it was like the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle of JoJo. When it finally coalesced the story improved dramatically but that exhilarating feeling is exclusive to the first few chapters up to around the fight against Pork Pie Hat Kid.

In other news, JoJolion is a lot better and more digestible when read consecutively and not through a monthly drip feed of chapters. I'm miffed that there are a few plot points that Araki fully dropped or abandoned (the seal on Kira's hand that's also on the Higashikata Family Tree book; the baby who washed up on the shores of Morioh; Norisuke's turn from a diabolical bastard to someone who loves Josuke more than his heir Jobin or his trash son Joshu; everything with Karera) but the story holds up well enough that the series will probably age reasonably well.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I was amazed, the first time I read SBR, how long Araki held his nerve of not introducing stands. Outwith Hey Ya appearing briefly in the first stage, it takes a shocking amount of time for stands to even be spotted.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

to be fair there's the brief glimpse of soundman's stand right at the beginning, so there's an idea that something is up

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

with part 6 im a little sad that jolyene didnt get a bigger go out with a bang moment, i mean the dolphin stuff was clutch but idk i just expected the tried and true jojo formula, which i suppose is why the ending is so effective in the first place. Maybe i would have preferred the big bad get a little more roughed up instead of just being in the ownzone the entire time, but i guess its true that a single false move 5v1 would be fatal. the whole thing was great from a holy poo poo our heroes are barely able to even stay alive and are just hanging on by strings

i was sad there was no reprise of foo fighters as well, i think they were my favorite character this turn.

also was anasui intended to be female but araki had to compromise for the sake of the censors? it sure feels this way

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Zyla posted:

with part 6 im a little sad that jolyene didnt get a bigger go out with a bang moment, i mean the dolphin stuff was clutch but idk i just expected the tried and true jojo formula, which i suppose is why the ending is so effective in the first place. Maybe i would have preferred the big bad get a little more roughed up instead of just being in the ownzone the entire time, but i guess its true that a single false move 5v1 would be fatal. the whole thing was great from a holy poo poo our heroes are barely able to even stay alive and are just hanging on by strings

i was sad there was no reprise of foo fighters as well, i think they were my favorite character this turn.

also was anasui intended to be female but araki had to compromise for the sake of the censors? it sure feels this way

That’s the rumor, but I’ve never seen any actual source for it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
female anasui has a cool design but part of me is glad we didn't get the first explicity lesbian character being a creepy weirdo that no one likes. instead it codifies the main three as a polycule and weather and emporio are there too

like i love SBR but i was re-reading the scarlet valentine and lucy stuff and Yikes

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I always forget Anasui exists, despite the ever-famous "That poo poo ain't Disney" line and generally being the most entertaining member of the main group besides Jolyne.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

it sucks

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Expect My Mom posted:

like i love SBR but i was re-reading the scarlet valentine and lucy stuff and Yikes

Pretty much every character Lucy goes against at least threatens to sexually assault her, it's the one part of SBR that I don't really want to see again.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the part that knocked the wind out of me was when lucy pretend falls into her chest while grabbing a boob and like....feels scarlet's nipples get hard? and goes "I knew it, she's bi!!!!"

like what the gently caress lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Expect My Mom posted:

the part that knocked the wind out of me was when lucy pretend falls into her chest while grabbing a boob and like....feels scarlet's nipples get hard? and goes "I knew it, she's bi!!!!"

like what the gently caress lol

and this is shortly after she learns about lesbians from a library book

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
it was 1890 and Lucy didn't have a lot of personal life experience other than the kind of weird and isolating poo poo she went through, so maybe the idea had not crossed her mind, idk.
Everything that happens to Lucy is just plain weird, though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hemingway To Go! posted:

it was 1890 and Lucy didn't have a lot of personal life experience other than the kind of weird and isolating poo poo she went through, so maybe the idea had not crossed her mind, idk.
Everything that happens to Lucy is just plain weird, though.

I get that, I just think it's weird that the book gave her powerful gaydar as well

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's wouldn't be the most unreasonable Jojo power we've seen.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Her* Stand* is Love Train so its not a foregone conclusion that

gets shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Improbable Lobster posted:

I get that, I just think it's weird that the book gave her powerful gaydar as well

i thought the thing was that she saw that scarlet had checked out that book