Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Ashcans posted:

Is that a red and yellow hallway peeking in that door? :stare:

No, it's the other bathroom/laundry room.

Youth Decay fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Now that's what I call a poop knife.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Hanzo folded steel to chop up the mighty shits before you flush?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Jesus, that house is fugly, the neighborhood is fugly, and you're out in the middle of BFN

And it's 90K! A bargain I tells ya!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Youth Decay posted:

No, it's the other bathroom/laundry room.

Oh yes, the McDonald's Playplace aesthetic that was popular a couple years ago

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Whoever draws the sword from the poop

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I just realized that the bathroom is carpeted, and the carpet constitutes a plethora of crimes against humanity.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
That carpet was cream before the battle of bognor.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
It looks like a case of black hairy tongue. Go ahead, GIS it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I just realized that the bathroom is carpeted, and the carpet constitutes a plethora of crimes against humanity.

Man no paper again!? /finds cleanish patch, does dog-style butt-scoot

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
It's kind of nice imagining a home that only costs 5 figures though, a 5 year mortgage could be a reasonable proposition.

Of course for trivially more money you can have a nice house outside of town and when Deer Lodge is the town... What's the advantage of being in town again?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

StormDrain posted:

It's kind of nice imagining a home that only costs 5 figures though, a 5 year mortgage could be a reasonable proposition.

Of course for trivially more money you can have a nice house outside of town and when Deer Lodge is the town... What's the advantage of being in town again?

I assume there's a grocery store in town, being in walking distance to the grocery store can be nice. If you have kids then being within walking distance to school is cool too.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
The advantage is the only stuff around within dozens of miles is in the town.

Except the state prison.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
On the bright side, that carpet looks ideal for playing a game of Warhammer 40k. Then you can purpose the seat as a stronghold.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

BRB, gonna go put shag carpet on my Roomba

My first thought was "oh that must be the floor drain. Wait, what?"

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
It's a scale

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

GotLag posted:

It's a scale
Bet it comes with special fluffy scales slippers

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

You don't need a drain in the fluffy bathroom. The fluff will soak up all the water, no worries! And surely it will evaporate.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
You don't need any water to clean yourself in the fluffy bathroom. You just roll and rub your body against all surfaces until all grease and dirt has come off.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Welcome back from your commercial break to "Guess That Country!". Here's our next candidate. Hands on your buzzers...

https://i.imgur.com/BmmDUMk.gifv

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Mmm, lovely purple and pink asbestos siding. Make sure the sale includes riders for abatement.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

kid sinister posted:

Welcome back from your commercial break to "Guess That Country!". Here's our next candidate. Hands on your buzzers...

China? It’s China, isn’t it?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

kid sinister posted:

HOLY gently caress THAT LUCKY BASTARD

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

By popular demand posted:

HOLY gently caress THAT LUCKY BASTARD

No lottery for you!

VVV You may be right: I encountered this on a claim recently, Thought for sure is was cement-fiber with asbestos. Owner showed that they were wood. Possibly cedar, but wahtever it was, it was a manufactured product, with a consistent pattern pressed into each shingle.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 18, 2019

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

rndmnmbr posted:

Mmm, lovely purple and pink asbestos siding. Make sure the sale includes riders for abatement.

I'm browsing on my phone but it looks like cedar shakes to me.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
My house has asbestos siding made to look like shakes.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Scratch Monkey posted:

China? It’s China, isn’t it?

We have a new champion! Tell him what he's won, Johnny.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

kid sinister posted:

We have a new champion! Tell him what he's won, Johnny.

Wonderful Silicosis! Congratulations on avoiding our dummy prize of being crushed to death! Enjoy a lifetime of microscopic shards of glass slowly cutting your lungs to scar tissue!

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

StormDrain posted:

You lead me into reading the history of the carpet industry and it went gangbusters in the late 50s with the invention of the right synthetic fibers. Like, 6 million yards in 1951 to 113 million in 1960.

Large numbers of those 50’s and 60’s homebuyers were Americans who grew up in icebox-oil lamp-outhouse homes during the depression.

My grandmother loving loved her carpet... she also was 7 in 1932 sharing shoes with siblings and without central heat.

My great grandmother had the carpet on the toilet seats as well. It can only be explained as post-traumatic-outhouse-in-winter-disorder.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

A large farva posted:

Large numbers of those 50’s and 60’s homebuyers were Americans who grew up in icebox-oil lamp-outhouse homes during the depression.

My grandmother loving loved her carpet... she also was 7 in 1932 sharing shoes with siblings and without central heat.

My great grandmother had the carpet on the toilet seats as well. It can only be explained as post-traumatic-outhouse-in-winter-disorder.

A good half of my introspection regarding house decisions is trying to figure out what child/teen pseudotrauma I'm reacting to.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Jaded Burnout posted:

A good half of my introspection regarding house decisions is trying to figure out what child/teen pseudotrauma I'm reacting to.

Show me on the doll where the beige touched you

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I wonder if in 50 years we'll have houses with tiny bathrooms with wireless signal jammers, floors covered with inch thick silicone, and every wall made from quadruple pane smartglass.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Nevets posted:

I wonder if in 50 years we'll have houses with tiny bathrooms with wireless signal jammers, floors covered with inch thick silicone, and every wall made from quadruple pane smartglass.

I'd quite like that now, please.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I just had an offer accepted on a house, and it was built in the mid/late 60's, and I'm genuinely surprised there's hardwood floors. I thought most new construction from that era just went straight to carpet.

There is carpet in the living room I have to rip up (going off of looks and general wear, looks like it was put down in the late 80's/early 90's) but the OG hardwood is there underneath.

The kitchen, though...well, that's an interesting story.

Fake brick veneer over every wall, even the "backsplash" under the cabinets.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Nevets posted:

I'm wondering how many more generations will pass before the industry starts building for taller people by default.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Jaded Burnout posted:

I'm wondering how many more generations will pass before the industry starts building for taller people by default.

It’s only the most recent (<5 years) airline interiors that have seats with headrests I can use, and I still can’t sleep in them because my elbows don’t touch the armrests.

:(:hf::(

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

DrBouvenstein posted:

Turn the fan on high and you've got an al fresco dining experience!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

When I moved into my house, the kitchen had fake brick veneer that was really obviously fake, like 3/4"-thick slices of brick with inch-wide gaps between them. One of the previous owners decided that this would be improved by painting the brick pastel lime green.

Even just the bare studs were a massive improvement.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Nevets posted:

Turn the fan on high and you've got an al fresco dining experience!

Ugh, tell me about it...who puts a ceiling fan in a kitchen?!

And of course no under-cabinet lighting...or any lighting at all other than the ceiling fan...and I guess the light-bulb in the stove hood (that does not actually vent outside, despite being an exterior wall) works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well, that is just awful. Even if it was constructed with top of the line materials, everything about that kitchen just screams "crappy".