Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

a sexual elk posted:

Was able to get the new UCS Y-Wing off Amazon for $150, cause the box was beat to poo poo so they called it “renewed”. Halfway thru the build and this thing is loving dense. Loving it.

It really is a fantastic set, although it burned me out on Lego for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Slowly going to be collecting all these sets for my future kids (and myself while they're too young), so that when they're old enough, they can have big armies of humans, skellies, trolls, etc.

I have a BNIB 7097 if you are interested.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Here’s an interesting thing. That Gravity Falls Mystery Shack on Ideas that hit 10,000 back in June has been mysteriously ‘archived’.

Lego posted:

Regretfully, we have chosen to archive your project and no longer consider it for production for reasons communicated to you privately. Your project will remain visible on LEGO Ideas, but in a status where it can no longer be supported or commented on. This way fans can still admire your creation.

:tinfoil:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
There will likely be a very similar hidden side cabin coming and they don't want the ideas set to canibalise on their own inferior product's potential buyer base ...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The_Doctor posted:

Here’s an interesting thing. That Gravity Falls Mystery Shack on Ideas that hit 10,000 back in June has been mysteriously ‘archived’.

:tinfoil:

I wonder if this just means "We couldn't secure the rights, nothing we can do."

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Built; Not In Box ?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The reality is probably that Disney doesn't care about merchandising Gravity Falls because they don't have anything new coming up for the license and it's slightly off brand for them.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

sigher posted:

I wonder if this just means "We couldn't secure the rights, nothing we can do."

Eh, it's a Disney license. My guess is that they might have been independently pursuing it.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The control+ poo poo is way overpriced, but I am having a lot of fun with the new 4x4 (it's discounted 30% to 35% immidiately over here anyway). The app is okay. It sucks that you can't use the system for anything different at the moment, and that there is no b-model. I hope they'll add options to configure the A-B-C-D outputs for custom models down the line. And yeah, it's lovely that you need a smartphone or tablet to actually use the Lego model, without any idea of how long that app will be around.

I handed that thing to my two nieces over the weekend, and they had a blast driving it through the garden, and now want Lego Technic instead of Friends. My brother is not impressed.

What I am trying to say: I am now really looking forward to the Liebherr in october.

tuo fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 19, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ineptitude posted:

Built; Not In Box ?

Bricks Not In Box

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Also also: the 4x4 is the third model within a year that had a wrong piece. I always put the pieces of the current bag (if they are numbered) into a big tin box, so I am pretty sure I haven't lost one. I am missing a straight black axle connector, and instead have a 45° axle connector. No big deal, as Lego replaces them within a couple of days, but it was the same with the big red all-road crane (2x3 shield-thingy instead of the 3x5 that was needed) and something else I forgot on the forrest extractor.

I know it's still common believe that Lego makes no errors in packaging, but there is no way I could have lost those pieces, and the very, very similar ones (regarding weight) I had left over didn't fit anywhere, and didn't count for the 1x1 pieces which they give you one or two extras per build.

e: just remembered: one of the pneumatic routers of the forest extractor was leaking and thus didn't work. Also replaced by Lego within a week. I really like their customer support!

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

My Women of NASA didn't have Mae Jemmison's head, it had a standard cylinder piece in brown instead.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

tuo posted:

The control+ poo poo is way overpriced, but I am having a lot of fun with the new 4x4 (it's discounted 30% to 35% immidiately over here anyway). The app is okay. It sucks that you can't use the system for anything different at the moment, and that there is no b-model. I hope they'll add options to configure the A-B-C-D outputs for custom models down the line. And yeah, it's lovely that you need a smartphone or tablet to actually use the Lego model, without any idea of how long that app will be around.

I handed that thing to my two nieces over the weekend, and they had a blast driving it through the garden, and now want Lego Technic instead of Friends. My brother is not impressed.

What I am trying to say: I am now really looking forward to the Liebherr in october.

I read somewhere that the newest version of the buwizz app can control the new motors in whatever configuration you want.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

veni veni veni posted:

This is going to be part of a larger diorama so my minifigure scale Metal Slug build has barely started, but I think the slug itself is pretty close to what I want. Need to rework the rear guns cause they don't look right though.

This is cool as hell... now do Blaster Master's Sophia.

E: Looks like someone sorta did!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

tuo posted:

I know it's still common believe that Lego makes no errors in packaging,

Any mass produced product is going to have defects here and there, and in the modern world this usually means a couple of errors per million products.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ineptitude posted:

Built; Not In Box ?

Brand new in box

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

PriorMarcus posted:

The reality is probably that Disney doesn't care about merchandising Gravity Falls because they don't have anything new coming up for the license and it's slightly off brand for them.

Then again, they did license out Tron Legacy to LEGO...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PriorMarcus posted:

I feel like if it were that, they’d just say it was rejected at the review stage, rather than archiving it now and personally contacting the creator to tell them why. This feels different.

I’m leaning towards the ‘Hidden Side has something super similar coming soon’ theory.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Futterish/status/1163113116491812866?s=20

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Groetgaffel posted:

I read somewhere that the newest version of the buwizz app can control the new motors in whatever configuration you want.

I need to check that out, thanks for the info. Would be pretty cool to use the new control box in custom stuff.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Waltzing Along posted:

I have a BNIB 7097 if you are interested.

Potentially, don't think I have PM's though.

edit: jhojnows@kent.edu

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 20, 2019

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Potentially, don't think I have PM's though.

edit: jhojnows@kent.edu

Email sent.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

drat I am having fun with control+. It's like, whenever I see that thing standing there, I need to whip out the smartphone and drive around a bit.

drat you, Lego and that overpriced control+ stuff :argh: Why did you make it fun?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If you are interested in S19 of the minifigs, here is a good deal:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193020664190?ViewItem=&item=193020664190

$70 for the whole set. Plus if you order today before midnight, you get $7 back in ebay bucks. So $63 for the set which works out to less than retail per figure.

Hope this helps some peoples.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I've got a bit of a carnival theme going with the sets I have up for display and play for the kids I work with. Carousel, pirate coaster, those new space themed sets, it's fun.

I was in a toy store the other day and the carnival minifig set caught my eye. It's perfect to fill up the empty spaces between the bigger sets.

Until I saw the price. 45 euros. What gives? That's insane.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Found some more leaked info about the upcoming UCS Imperial Star Destroyer. Released mid Sept for VIP, 4.7k pieces, and $699. Some purely baseless speculation is that it might be incorporating lights or motors to account for the low piece per dollar point (especially compared to the Millenium Falcon).

https://brickshow.com/2019/08/next-ucs-lego-star-wars-imperial-star-destroyer-75252

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

$700 for 4,700 gray pieces? I think they're only making this so the Falcon looks better by comparison

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Taeke posted:

I've got a bit of a carnival theme going with the sets I have up for display and play for the kids I work with. Carousel, pirate coaster, those new space themed sets, it's fun.

I was in a toy store the other day and the carnival minifig set caught my eye. It's perfect to fill up the empty spaces between the bigger sets.

By piece count the price is high, but it's mostly minifigs. They command a premium.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That is a lot of studs showing! Seems kinda low effort to me.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thats the old one :)

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Taeke posted:

Minifig people sets have been priced at about 40 usd (google says that’s 36 euros? I don’t know how much VaT adds). This set is three weeks old though so if you wait a bit you should see it cut around 20% and if you can wait until after Christmas or July inventory flushing you can get it for a better deal. Amazon already has it 10% off here you might check there.

I love all the new carnival stuff but it’ll be cheaper if I wait.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waiting on a few parts so I can make all the characters and I'll probably polish it up a bit, but I think this is mostly done. I'll post some better pics once it's finished. Pretty happy with how it's turning out though.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

Waiting on a few parts so I can make all the characters and I'll probably polish it up a bit, but I think this is mostly done. I'll post some better pics once it's finished. Pretty happy with how it's turning out though.

This is beautiful. I really would love an official set now.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I'm down with this

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks guys.

Question. Do you think I should ditch the boat or keep it? Can’t decide if I think it works in there or not.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
I think the obvious solution is to make the boat a double decker.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

Thanks guys.

Question. Do you think I should ditch the boat or keep it? Can’t decide if I think it works in there or not.

Ditch. There is so little water already. But that MOC is great so do what feels right to you.

Alternately: add some classic space figs. Cuz everything is better w/ classic space.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Word. Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It really just over takes the water area too much now that I’m looking at it.

Just occurred to me I could do the top part of the sub sticking out there instead :madmax:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Or you could Captain Willard it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

veni veni veni posted:

Thanks guys.

Absolutely keep the boat. It adds some..... dynamism to the scene that wouldn't be there otherwise. Hanging over the corner a bit breaks up the exterior lines, suggesting it's all part of something larger, and having it and the tank thing both pointing towards the center draws the eye there, and suggests something is about to happen.