Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Everything Burrito posted:

fake edit: I second the rec for Kawaii Hito, it's one of my favorites right now :3:

Speaking of ...

Adult people in love acting like actual adult people in love? In a MANGA???

???

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad for them :3:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oh no.

https://www.studiochiffon.com/

OH NO.

OHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Why "oh no," exactly?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah there's already tons of english romance VNs on steam and that one looks pretty inoffensive as they go

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Guys I'm pretty sure they just "oh no"d because they're excited for it :toot:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Caitlin posted:

Guys I'm pretty sure they just "oh no"d because they're excited for it :toot:

Yes.

(also vampires)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
call me when its ghosts instead vampires

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Snooze Cruise posted:

call me when its ghosts instead vampires

Wraith: the Oblivion VN.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Elfface posted:

Why am I so invested in these horny weirdos?

Gender-Swapped Scott Pilgrim for Perverts turned out to be just a hook for a Yuri harem comedy full of diverse love interests. The characters are all likeable and a little subversive.

The overt sexuality doesn't feel exploitive or gratuitous. It's always subverted in service to a gag or character development.

It's a good story about good weirdos, and I like that.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was cleaning out my "want to read list" and read Gelataria Supernova tonight. Two sex friends meet regularly but don't even know each others' names; they awkwardly circle around each other in an uneasy balance between intimacy and anonymity until the balance shifts and things start to change. It's got a nice slow pace and it's mostly through the pov of the younger guy, who is in college and sort of still figuring himself out while having this secret relationship with a handsome and mysterious older guy (late 20s) so the bulk of the angst is the conflict between his growing feelings and his fear of getting too attached.

The link is mostly to remind myself to buy it, because tbh the fan tl was OKish but went jp>spanish>english so I'd like to re-read the official version plus that's the only way to read volume 2.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yuki and the Authoress is finished, it's only 14 chapters (plus an epilogue) and is a fairly sweet and relaxed yuri manga that, mercifully, does not take place in a modern high school. Recommend it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Will read it before going to bed. Thanks! :)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Elfface posted:

Why am I so invested in these horny weirdos?

Dowman is really good at taking very simple characters and having interact in engaging and fun ways. Plus his stories are always weird so there's lots of room for downright crazy stuff.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

*Activates the Dis Signal

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
twist ending: this is the manga Tadokoro draws after graduating and marrying Nikaido

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Clitch posted:

thats the me signal also

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Also me.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Am I just an iron gummy dummy or can you not have a timg and an image link simultaneously?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I was cleaning out my "want to read list" and read Gelataria Supernova tonight. Two sex friends meet regularly but don't even know each others' names; they awkwardly circle around each other in an uneasy balance between intimacy and anonymity until the balance shifts and things start to change. It's got a nice slow pace and it's mostly through the pov of the younger guy, who is in college and sort of still figuring himself out while having this secret relationship with a handsome and mysterious older guy (late 20s) so the bulk of the angst is the conflict between his growing feelings and his fear of getting too attached.

The link is mostly to remind myself to buy it, because tbh the fan tl was OKish but went jp>spanish>english so I'd like to re-read the official version plus that's the only way to read volume 2.

thanks will check it out soon. I like slower-paced manga since it feels like some stories are fast-paced and lol.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

StandardVC10 posted:

Am I just an iron gummy dummy or can you not have a timg and an image link simultaneously?
right click

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

thanks will check it out soon. I like slower-paced manga since it feels like some stories are fast-paced and lol.

Keep in mind that the main story is one volume so things still have to progress over only like 5 chapters lol. It had some transitions indicating passage of time doing some heavy lifting in places to help it feel more spread out.

I like stories where the characters have time to get to know each other before things escalate, it makes the resolution more rewarding vs the ones that are paced more like one-shots where they meet, gently caress, and are in soulmate-level love by the end of one chapter.

The other side of that though is it can be irritating when it feels like a plot is getting dragged out artificially and you just want some progress, I find that happening more often in webtoons where you're at like chapter 145 and they both are in love but some bullshit misunderstanding happened 80 chapters back and now they aren't speaking and two new side plots have already come up and been resolved in the meantime :negative:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 22, 2019

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The other side of that though is it can be irritating when it feels like a plot is getting dragged out artificially and you just want some progress, I find that happening more often in webtoons where you're at like chapter 145 and they both are in love but some bullshit misunderstanding happened 80 chapters back and now they aren't speaking and two new side plots have already come up and been resolved in the meantime :negative:

I feel ya since I've dropped webtoons since it'd keep going in circles or introducing new obstacles and I just want an ending. Also, all the constant melodrama.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
not BL but The Lady and Her Butler almost reached that point a few times for me. The drama just kept escalating there for a while and it felt like everyone was going in circles. Most of that has been resolved at this point now so I'm getting the feeling it's probably getting close to the end and tbh, it's about dang time.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Clitch posted:

hi you got your dis signal stuck in my snooze signal*
*reese's peanut butter cups commerical joke
*it means oh this is good

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

not BL but The Lady and Her Butler almost reached that point a few times for me. The drama just kept escalating there for a while and it felt like everyone was going in circles. Most of that has been resolved at this point now so I'm getting the feeling it's probably getting close to the end and tbh, it's about dang time.

I'm reading that webcomic and I feel like yeah the artist is just dragging the plot along since there's no real conflict keeping everyone apart. I feel like too many artists will aim for a S2 and then I quit reading.

I do miss mangwha sometimes since they're not as oddly paced but so it goes.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the votes are in... liberta is ftw

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Sindai posted:

twist ending: this is the manga Tadokoro draws after graduating and marrying Nikaido

This and it's good

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Think this got linked before but gently caress it. The next work from the author of Yuki and the Authoress, Small girl and Giant Snake Lady

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
good faces

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Brainamp posted:

Think this got linked before but gently caress it. The next work from the author of Yuki and the Authoress, Small girl and Giant Snake Lady
Short young lady x tall older lady is all the artist draws. This is the one I really want to see translated:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sindai posted:

Short young lady x tall older lady is all the artist draws, and what I really want to see translated is:

drat.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sindai posted:

Short young lady x tall older lady is all the artist draws. This is the one I really want to see translated:

to quote jay sherman from the 90s animated show the critic
"hachi machi"

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Sindai posted:

https://www.pixiv.net/user/9109460/series/40153

This is the pixiv manga series that's from, right?

Extremely powerful oneesan mood, perfect for a series called The Witches and the Apprentice

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
hot-cha-cha!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nondevor posted:

https://www.pixiv.net/user/9109460/series/40153

This is the pixiv manga series that's from, right?

Extremely powerful oneesan mood, perfect for a series called The Witches and the Apprentice
Are there enough "Ara Ara"s to go around, tho'?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Sindai posted:

DESPERATELY searching for a tweet I saw that said the key to drawing women for lesbians is to give them these eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
We have a new chapter of Destroy all Humanity Thankfully it seems my fear of axing was premature. And it's a nice followup to the fireworks display.